Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story: Coven

Keel M.

Am I the only one who actually liked the second season more than the first?

I'm watching it now. I watched the first episode, and there was just too much going on.

It's obviously supposed to be loosely based on Waverly Hills, but with aliens, demonic possession, an S and M nun, a nazi war criminal, and the ever popular lesbians in the closet.

I am amused, but so far, I like season one better.

I will start series three as soon as I'm done with two.

I know you don't have to, but I want to.

• Like 1

Last Friday our local paper did a spread about the La Laurie mansion in the home/garden pull out section with some amazing photographs of the interior of the house. I don't know of any other time where the general public has been able to see what the interior of the house looks like because it's not open to the public, being a private residence. I managed to find the same article online:

The French Quarter's famous Lalaurie house gets an elegant makeover that plays to its haunted past

Last Friday our local paper did a spread about the La Laurie mansion in the home/garden pull out section with some amazing photographs of the interior of the house. I don't know of any other time where the general public has been able to see what the interior of the house looks like because it's not open to the public, being a private residence. I managed to find the same article online:

The French Quarter's famous Lalaurie house gets an elegant makeover that plays to its haunted past

Amazing. I want the bedroom and the skull chairs

I swear George R. R. Martin must write this episode, given how many leads die each time :D

I feel sorry for Delia (I knew her husband was dodgy).

Really enjoying how Kathy Bates is playing her racist character. But I don't want her to suddenly become a "good person" because what she did back in the day was pure evil.

Man, I'm about halfway through the first season and this thing is an absolute mind ****.

I can't stop watching.

• Like 4

Man, I'm about halfway through the first season and this thing is an absolute mind ****.

I can't stop watching.

Haha! I'm glad you enjoy the show! Yay! Wait till you watch 2nd season. :D

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic

Would anyone happen to know what songs they played in last night's episode; "Burn, Witch, Burn"? Can't find any listings...

I AM SO CONFLICTED!!

I am a trained witch, and a trained voodoo practitioner.

Seeing them at odds makes me feel so bizarre.

This does not exist in reality. There has never been a war between voodoo and Witchcraft.

I cannot feel empathetic or sympathetic, for one side, more than the other, because of my background, which is unique, comparatively speaking.

I know that sounds weird, but I think most people will view it, and favor one side more than the other, and I just.... can't.

*pulls at hair*

I think Angela Basket is awesome as Marie Laveau, and I wish witchy power were actually that simple.

Heh.

I think it's done tastefully though. Stuff like Charmed and Bewitched, however amusing, are very removed from the truth.

This is sort of a combination of the flashy plus spelly kind of magick, so it's not too obnoxious.

But it's true. Everyone having an X man super power is kind of funny.

This does not exist in reality. There has never been a war between voodoo and Witchcraft.

*tears up application for voodoo school*

Stupid reality...ruining all the fun

• Like 1

I AM SO CONFLICTED!!

I am a trained witch, and a trained voodoo practitioner.

Seeing them at odds makes me feel so bizarre.

I think you are the only one on the planet that expected this to be a documentary. :wacko:

Edited by DBunker

*tears up application for voodoo school*

Stupid reality...ruining all the fun

Well...... There is no war between the two that I am privey to, but I know.... And I cannot say how I know, Marie Laveaus grand daughter despised Aleistar Crowley, and spent years trying to quietly assassinate him.

He was despised by many, within various communities, including some voodoo and wicca sects.

I know wiccans a who own stores, and won't carry his books.

Marie III, was the one who carried on her grandmother's work.

I believe she died in the mid eighties at a very old age, and she worked up to her death, as far as I know. She also swore she would come back.

I only know this story from the Laveau end, but she sent people to kill him many times, and they failed numerous times.

I'm not sure if he was even aware of her ire, and well she wanted something he wanted, so it was a race of a kind.... But she hhhaaattteeddd him.

Everyone says he died of natural causes.

I don't think so....

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I think you are the only one on the planet that expected this to be a documentary. :wacko:

Lol, not at all, it's just.... even as entertainment, seeing the two sides at odds, given I have been completely immersed in both for about three decades, is bizarre to me.

It absolutely takes something out of it for me. I cannot even put it into words.

I don't think you can appreciate it, unless your initiated into both, which I am....

It's just weird.

Also the racism is depressing, but I thoroughly enjoy seeing real voodoo zombies at work.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Well...... There is no war between the two that I am privey to, but I know.... And I cannot say how I know, Marie Laveaus grand daughter despised Aleistar Crowley, and spent years trying to quietly assassinate him.

Off topic, hes one of the most fascinating people that I think ive ever came across in readings

• Like 1

Racism is not new just the public showing brings attn.even to the person whom feels the hate ....seems that we dont know how we look til we have our picture took

• Like 1

Racism is not new just the public showing brings attn.even to the person whom feels the hate ....seems that we dont know how we look til we have our picture took

Well they use the N word, and I know it was common, but it, and the context within which it's used in the show, disturbs me.

Off topic, hes one of the most fascinating people that I think ive ever came across in readings

Ive read his books, but from what I've been told by elders, he was nuts.

Brilliant, possibly, but he did sick stuff in the name of the craft. It's why some sects of wiccans don't like him.

His stuff does not appeal to me, but I know how he worked.

OTO and golden dawn, have never appealed to me.

Yes I know it is disturbing..I have been told more times than I could ever count that the only good Indian is a dead one..not to mention all the n words high yellow names and all that goes with a sick mind

Yes I know it is disturbing..I have been told more times than I could ever count that the only good Indian is a dead one..not to mention all the n words high yellow names and all that goes with a sick mind

:(

I just don't abide racism in any form I guess. So having it in things I want to entertain me is just depressing.

Ive read his books, but from what I've been told by elders, he was nuts.

Brilliant, possibly, but he did sick stuff in the name of the craft. It's why some sects of wiccans don't like him.

His stuff does not appeal to me, but I know how he worked.

OTO and golden dawn, have never appealed to me.

Yeah I just mean in a purely clinical aspect i like to read on him... clearly he was out of his gourd.

:(

I just don't abide racism in any form I guess. So having it in things I want to entertain me is just depressing.

Ill agree its depressing, Even as someone who grew up in it and has a past hes not particularly proud of. But, if theyre gonna depict that culture, might as well go bare bones with it.

Caught up on the last episode this weekend... I can't believe the one gal did that with the two dead people. I know they are reanimated or whatever, but so not right. Neither was what Queenie did, though that might lead to some interesting plot action.

Just finished episode three. Loving it.

And if no one has caught it yet, the guy who plays Spauldin, the tongueless Butler/man servant. It's the same actor that played Russell Edgington on True Blood. The evil vampire king...

The only complaint I have, is that the Veves Marie Laveau is always drawing on the floor are.... Well for love. Well more-or-less. Theyre not ghede or legba....I mean if your going to summon the dead, who ya gonna call... Certainly not Erzuli

I mean I guess you coouulld, but.... The veves, not for resurrecting the dead, that's for sure.