Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DROPAS CRASH???

High in the mountains of Bayan Kara-Ula on the boarders of China and Tibet a team of archeologists were conducting a very detailed routine survey of a series of interlinked caves. In these caves they found a burial site which was in quite good condition and some clay discs. They dated the discs to be about 12,000 years old. When they dug up the graves they found the remains of a humanoid race that looked nothing like us. In fact the heads of these skeletons were much bigger than ours. They later came to the conclusion that these were an alien race that came from space.

Ancient Chinese and Tibetean stories talk of a race of beings that crashed landed on Earth 12,000 years ago. They could not repair their ship so they remained here on Earth. Some say they were hunted down and killed by Chinese tribes people. They came from the constellation Sirius.

They also believe that the descendants from these aliens still roam the Earth today but in a more human like form. One of the tribes of ancient China.

For more info:

http://members.aol.com/pgrsel2/dropas/story.htm

Go through the site you will find some really interesting looking humans inside and plenty more information.

VERY INTERESTING

X

X,

Very Intresting story! One thing that does get to me is that author keeps refering to the human race as "you", like as if he didn't belong to the same race. I don't know if this is based on the belief that he is one of the decendants of this lost and found tribe but it seems that he is a little to sure of himself. As well the plates that he speaks of and the message that was supposedly deciphered...well what is it. He says "eventually, the message was published, and what it says will astound you".  But he never says what the message is. As well, you would think that a something this far off would have had more public attention. He never says anything about government cover ups...just mockery from other scientists.

I will do more research and see what I can come up with.

I'll also try to find the story I read about something similar that happened in new mexico in the 60's i think. After a flash flood several skeletons were found of abnormal origin. All had 6 toes on each foot, 6 fingers on each hand and a double set of teeth. But this time the government was quick on the draw at taking over the scene.

Could the caves of Bayan Kara-ula be the mythical place of Shangri La . A place of peace a Tibetean eden where people never age, trees grant wishes dont know about that one, and happiness reigns enternally.

Mystify i looked up your site and what i found interesting was that the clay discs that were found was some kind of record that could be played and had information about how these beings came to Earth a kind of history book so to speak.mmmmmmm

X

What might have been an intriguing tale unfortunately loses all credibility when you consider this tale has its origins with Erik Von Daniken, who first wrote of the

Dropas stones in his book GODS FROM OUTER SPACE. He then fashioned a more elaborate and substantially different story in his book GOLD OF THE GODS. Mind you, the existence of the 'stone disks' are not in dispute, its Von Daniken's totally fabricated story that is at the 'heart' of the mystery. Here is a link that discloses the results of an in depth investigation into Von Danikens 'claims';

http://ufos.about.com/library/weekly/aa032601b.htm

Here is a picture of the 'mysterious' Dropas disk;

user posted image

Its seems to me that it would take one hell of a 'special turntable' to 'play' this, don't you think? Perhaps that special 'hum' was the equipment screaming for someone to take the rather large and heavy 'rock' off of it.

As you will notice, this information is provided by a 'researcher' who is totally supportive of the existence of UFO's and other alien 'anomalies'. He had no difficulty finding the holes in Von Danikens premise, however. Reference is also made to Gordon Creighton who happened to be a writer and editor for a magazine called THE FLYING SAUCER REVIEW, and he also exposed Von Daniken's hoax. Once again, many people have been taken in by the unsubstantiated 'discovery' of a known fraud.

MAGIKMAN

*edit to fix link

Edited by Magikman

magikman,

What about the skeletons with big heads that were found, can you give me an explanation as to why they are so different to a normal human skeleton. And the tribe of people who are still around today who are not even 5 feet tall and are said to be the descendants of the star people why do the Chinese call these people the lost tribe. Are the stories that are told by the tibeteans and Chinese bull dust or are they true. Is the Dali Lama lying? I dont think so.

About Erik Von Danikens theories, i know this history teacher who told me that if Erik had put forward his ideas by saying "this may of happened" instead of "this is the only explanation" than he would not have been called a fraud as he is today.

X

Mr. X,

It might help if you click on the links I provide and thoroughly read all the information provided. There was no expedition or discovery of 'dwarfish' skeletons,  except for the fact that Von Daniken saw examples of several disks in museums, the rest of the 'story' is solely a figment of his imagination. What he states as 'fact' was formulated out of whole cloth. Further investigation failed to substantiate any of his claims; the people never existed and the events never occurred. The Chinese and Tibetans would be hard pressed to believe in something that has no historical background except for Von Danikens fabricated tale. To suggest that Von Daniken should be considered a 'theorist' is ludicrous, in reality he is a self-serving opportunist with a criminal record for fraud and little or no knowledge of the things he provides his 'expert' opinion on. Clearly he isn't interested in "this may have happened" because there's no profit in that approach. Its far easier for 'pseudo-scientists' like him to twist and distort the 'truth' or advance ideas that have little bases in actual fact. Why waste time in doing any research when he already knows he has a 'captive' audience that doesn't bother to check the reliability of his fantastic claims? He relies only on the ignorance and gullibility of his readership for his success, not on any perception that what he claims even comes close to reality. Don't feel bad that he has pulled the wool over your eyes, you happen to be just one of millions. Hell, he even had me fooled when I was younger. Your problem is that you continue to disregard the deception and lies because you so desperately want to hold on to those things you think advances your 'proof' of alien visitation. It may benefit you to remember this, desperation inspires nescience.

MAGIKMAN

*That nothing more substantial has ever developed in the last 6 years over this incredible 'discovery' makes one wonder about its credibility, don't you think?

edit to fix code

Edited by Magikman

• 3 weeks later...

So Erick von Daeniken was lying?  There were also some things (real things) that they found. What about those? Do they know what those are (I refer to those because I don't know what they really found).

Odin Supreme  8)

Odin,

Your question isn't really clear to me. What 'real' things are you referring to that who found? The only real artifacts of this thread are the 'stones' themselves. The rest of Van Danikens tale is false. There was no scientific or archeological expedition that discovered anything like what Van Daniken describes. There are no records or documention that can be found that prove that the people he names ever existed. That the stones exsist is a fact, but they are neither 'mysterious' nor do they contain any information of 'alien' beings. They are ancient artifacts that Van Daniken 'stumbled' upon in a museum. If you click on the link I provide, you will come accross a more detailed and accurate accounting of the 'truth' of the stones, and of the lies Van Daniken fabricated in order to sell 'his' story. Perhaps if you were to elaborate specifically on the items in question, I could help you find the answers. Unless, of course, the originator of these 'mysterious' objects happens to be Van Daniken. I would then just laughingly point you in the direction of a local pottery shop, which I am sure he would have made ample use of.  ::)

MAGIKMAN

Hey Magikman,

Do you know who made those stones? That is what I meant. So maybe you can answer my question now...I'm Waiting... ;)

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

Either use the link I supplied, or enter a search for ancient Chinese artifacts - Dropa stones into a search engine to find your answers.

Magikman

• 2 years later...

What you guys think about Dropa disks,and the story about their space ship crashing in Tibet 12.000 years ago. I'm simply astonished by the whole story.

• 3 months later...

What do you all think of this? original.gif Very interesting.

THE DROPA STONES

Chi Pu Tei, a professor of archaeology at Beijing University, was leading some his students on an expedition to survey a series of interlinking caves in the Himalyan mountains. According to one account, the caves may have been artificially carved, and were more like a complex system of tunnels and underground storerooms. The walls were squared and glazed, as if cut into the mountain with a source of extreme heat. Inside the caves were several ancient, but neatly arranged burial sites, and in them the skeletal remains of a strange people. The skeletons, measuring a little more than four feet tall, were frail and spindly with disproportionately large skulls.

At first. it was suggested by a member of the team that these might be the remains of an unknown species of mountain gorilla. Professor Chi Pu Tei is reputed to have responded, "Who ever heard of apes burying one another?" Yet, what kind of human was this?

More discoveries made further in the caves all but ruled out the idea that these were apes. On the walls were carved pictograms of the heavens: the sun, the moon, the stars, and the Earth with lines of dots connecting them. Then the team made the most incredible discovery of all. Half-buried in the dirt floor of the cave was an odd stone disk, obviously fashioned by the hand of an intelligent creature.

The disk was approximately nine inches in diameter and three-quarters of an inch thick. In the exact center was a perfectly round, 3/4" hole, and etched in its face was a fine groove spiraling out from the center to the rim, making the disk look for all the world like some kind of primitive phonograph record.

This one plate, dated to be between 10,000 and 12,000 years old -- older by far than the great pyramids of Egypt -- was fantastic enough, but the wonder was multiplied manyfold. In all, 716 such plates were found. And each held an incredible secret. The groove, upon further inspection, was not a groove at all, but a continuous line of strange carved hieroglyphics -- writing!

The tiny, almost microscopic characters were in a language never encountered before. It wasn't until 1962 that another Chinese scientist was able to decode the message of the stone plates.

The Message of the Dropas:

Dr. Tsum Um Nui felt the smooth face of the disk with the palm of his hand.

"What could this disk possibly be?" he wondered.

He knew of its recent history; how it was discovered in 1938 by a Chinese archaeologist in a cave high in the Himalayans, along with 715 similar disks; how buried nearby were skeletons of a strange tribe of people averaging only a little over four feet high; how it was found that each disk was inscribed with a tiny groove that spiraled around its face, and that the groove turned out to be an unknown hieroglyphic.

He also knew how the disks, as remarkable as they were, had been simply labeled along with other finds of the expedition and stored away at Beijing University for 20 years.

During that time, others had attempted to decipher the strange inscriptions, but without success. Perhaps now, in 1962, he could.

The professor painstakingly transcribed the characters from the disk to paper.

The writing was so small he had to use a magnifying glass to see it clearly. But the stones were old -- perhaps 12,000 years old, it was estimated -- and much of the hieroglyphics were difficult to make out or had been worn away by time and the elements.

As he worked, many questions nagged the professor.

How did these primitive people fashion these precise stones?

How did they manage the almost microscopic writing?

Who were they and what was the purpose of these hundreds of stones?

Once the characters were transcribed, Dr. Tsum Um Nui began the arduous task of trying to decode its message.

Eventually, he began to make progress.

A word emerged. Then another. A phrase became understandable, then an entire sentence. He had broken the code.

He discerned that the messages on the stones were written by a people who called themselves the Dropa.

But what they were saying to him 12,000 years later made no sense.

What the Dropa had written must have been one of their cultural myths, or was part of some prehistoric religious ceremony. Or was it?

When he had completed the translation as much as he could, the professor sat back in his chair in disbelief.

The story the Dropa related was nothing short of astounding.

How would his colleagues react?

How might the world react if this story was true? The professor wrote up a paper on his findings and presented it to the university for publication.

Their reaction was swift and emphatic: the paper would not be published.

The Academy of Prehistory expressly forbade him to publish or even speak of his findings.

The world, the academy decided, should not know about the Dropa and their fateful journey to Earth.

Dr. Tsum Um Nui's findings were eventually published, however.

Just two years later, he published the paper entitled, "The Grooved Script Concerning Spaceships Which, as Recorded on the Discs, Landed on Earth 12,000 Years Ago."

By some accounts, the academy relented and gave permission to the professor to publish the paper, and by other accounts he published it despite the official ban.

In either case, his translation and his theory were met with ridicule by the archaeology establishment.

The translation was just too shattering to be taken at face value or as an historical account. It just could not be true. It would change everything we know about our history and humankind's place in the universe.

What the Stones Reveal

The Dropa disks tell the story of a space probe from a distant planet that crash-landed in the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of the Himalayas.

The occupants of the spacecraft - the Dropa - found refuge in the caves of the mountains. Despite their peaceful intentions, the Dropa were misunderstood by members of the Ham tribe who were occupying neighboring caves and who hunted down the aliens and even killed some of them.

A translation of one of the passages says: "The Dropa came down from the clouds in their aircraft. Our men, women, and children hid in the caves ten times before sunrise.

When at last they understood the sign language of the Dropa, they realized that the newcomers had peaceful intentions."

The stones go on to say how the Dropa were unable to repair their disabled spacecraft and could not return to their home planet, and so were stranded on Earth. If that's true, have their descendents survived?

Today, the isolated area is inhabited by two tribes of people who, in fact, call themselves the Dropa and the Han.

Anthropologists have been unable to categorize either tribe into any other known race; they are neither Chinese nor Tibetan.

Both tribes are of pygmy stature, adults measuring between 3-foot-6 and 4-foot-7 with an average height of 4-foot-2, and body weights of 38 to 52 pounds.

They are yellow-skinned with thin bodies and disproportionately large heads, corresponding to the skeletal remains found in the caves in 1938.

They have sparse hair on their bodies and have large eyes that are not Asian in aspect, but have pale blue irises.

Supposedly, there also is an ancient Chinese tale that might bear-out the Dropa's claims.

The tale relates the story of a small, slender, yellow-skinned people who descended to the Earth from the clouds, and who were shunned by everyone because of their ugliness.

Strange Properties

In 1968, the Dropa stones came to the attention of W. Saitsew, a Russian scientist who re-published the findings of Tsum Um Nui and conducted tests on the disks that revealed some very peculiar properties.

Physically, the granite stones contained high concentrations of cobalt and other metals -- a very hard stone indeed that would have made it difficult for the primitive people to carve the lettering, especially with such minute characters.

When testing a disk with an oscillograph, a surprising oscillation rhythm was recorded as if, the scientists said, they had once been electrically charged or had functioned as electrical conductors.

Whatever their true nature, origin, or meaning, the Dropa stones present an intriguing puzzle for archaeologists and anthropologists.

Were the Dropa truly visitors from some distant planet, or is their story merely a creation myth imagined by a primitive culture?

If the latter is true, it adds one more such "myth" to the large number of stories from ancient cultures that claim their descendents came to Earth from the heavens.

And if the former is true, the Dropa stones could represent the first recorded visit of an alien civilization to our planet. For now, the Dropa stones remain unexplained.

For now, the Dropa stones remain unexplained.

Not really, they turned up to be frauds.

Question: Are these disks that they found round, with spirals on them, and a notch cut out of one side?

Do they bear any ressemblence to the UAC's seen in the infamous "Tether Incedent" video?

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The Dropa stones that VD made his whole story up around are actually Bi Disks and thousands have been found throughout China. They are no mystery. They were used ceremonoly. The rest of the story is completely fabricated. The dropa people exist, they are completely normal herdsman of Tibet. They never lived in caves, there is no legend of any alien origins in any Chinese or Tibetan mythology, VD made it up. Notice the story is exactly the same on every site. That's because they're credited to his stupid books. The chinese doctor never existed. The expedition never happened. There are no skeletons. No human being can translate a language that doesn't have an origin in another language that is already known. Please, people. Research this stuff before jumping on board 9and research isn't looking up the story on a UFO website).

post-29590-1138380652.jpg

Edited by capeo
  • Like 1

Just for S&Gs here's a picture of an actual dropka (correct spelling from which Dropa was sloppily derived). There is no shortage of info on dropka on the net.

post-29590-1138384948.jpg

She's hot. No doubt infused with the superior beauty of alien DNA.

*sigh*

• 5 months later...

It's a shame how well the government did to tarnish this good doctor's credibility. You all are examples of that. The story is true. The area is closed to the public and enforced by extreme military forces.

It's a shame how well the government did to tarnish this good doctor's credibility. You all are examples of that. The story is true. The area is closed to the public and enforced by extreme military forces.

:tu:

http://www.marsearthconnection.com/stonedisks.html

"When I saw the diagram of the Stone Disks of Baian-Kara-Ula, it reminded me of one of the pieces of the, alleged, Roswell debris that had been sent to Art Bell, several years ago. Leaving no 'stone' unturned, so to speak, I decided to see if these two items had anything in common. Size and material are different, but that could be due to one of four things.

1. As things progressed, the 'stones' became more advanced. They got smaller, dispensed with the 'hole' and a longer lasting, metal material was used.

2. "They' had always used the small metal disks. The Dropas, wanting to leave a record of their existence, had none of the metal material on hand, so they used the stone they were surrounded with and hardened it with other materials, like cobalt, in order to make them last as long as the metal ones.

3. Since it's smaller and there's no hole in Art's piece of 'debris', possibly, there are different versions of the same entity. Each used for a different purpose but similar in design.

4. None of the above. There's no relation, at all, between the 'stone disks' and the, alleged, Roswell circular piece. I don't know what happened to the hole in the center. The only thing visible on the 'Roswell debris' is dust!

The photos, below, were taken from the section on Art Bell's website designated as Art's Parts. I did a little enhancing on the 'disk' after noticing an area, on the top left, which appeared to have a design or symbols on it. "

http://www.answers.com/topic/rai-stones

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

http://www.philipcoppens.com/baian_kara_ula.html

But an Asian friend of Hausdorf told him that “Tsum Um Nei” was a mixture of Chinese and Japanese. The Japanese pronunciation of the name had been written down in Chinese, just like any German named “Schmidt” would be named “Smith” in America. “Obviously the guy was Japanese,” Hausdorf realised, which would explain why the professor was able to return to Japan to retire.

Hartwig Hausdorf was able to prove that the stone discs and the Dzopa tribe really did exist. His next task is to find out whether their legend has come down accurately— and whether it might be true.

Edited by crystal sage