Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Discovers Phantom Figure in Photo

Still Waters

With photoshop you can do this and much more,and considered the distance at which is the ghost, the face seems to me suspiciously too defined(not to mention that if this is really a ghost no shadow should appear on the face,instead a good part of the face and the neck are in the shadow and also this is very suspicious)

• Like 2

I agree with baro67. Even though I believe in ghosts, supposed ghost photos are so easy to fake that they've lost virtually all credibility for me.

• Like 1

The original full size image can be viewed - here.
The 'original full-size image' is 800*533 pixels? Hmmm... Either that person doesn't know what 'original full-size image' means or someone is shooting pictures on a 0.4 megapixel camera in 2013 and I haven't seen a camera resolution that low since the first camera phones came out over a decade ago.
  • Like 3

I have some nice photoshop brushes of ghostly figures, this easily could be one of those brush sets, especially taking in the shadowy areas, which using the brushes shows up dark even when the colour is set to white.

I am a believer in ghosts as well, having my fair share of experiences.

It's real. It's nothing dangerous. This is a female spirit. Motherly and connected to nature. Maybe someone she knew

How is it a reflection if it is a man taking the picture and the spirit is of a female? Think people...

We are thinking, We just not assuming it is a ghost. We are doing research and examining it, what are you doing? Jumping to conclusions.

• Like 2

post-141984-0-76952300-1378351696_thumb.Here is a zoom of the window and you can clearly see a woman or little girl. If you cant save the picture and zoom in yourself. the image of a woman is obvious.

... a little girl was standing near this window, say 50 years ago during a storm, the radiation may have burned a very slight image in the glass. You would not be able to see it except at certain angles with light refracting just perfect.

Really??? Is this a thing??

I've heard of it in urban legends. The only photos I've ever seen have been. Where a lightning strick etched a smiley face blob thing into a window.

It's our nature to make out faces and our brains have an amazing ability to see faces in almost anything. Realistically, this pic is very vague, it's just shades of color and hints of curvatures and I also liked how everyone completely ignored the mass blob that is the left of the supposed head also touching the supposed shoulder...so we just ignore the blob part and focus on how the other blob resembles a head and shoulders...sure, that is how our brains are made to pick out other humans which is a survival trait, I'm sure a dog would see a dog's head in this pic.

If you have to use various shades of color and lines to make out the appearance of a face/object..etc. then your brain just made something up, you had to make it out to form that conclusion. A human face is a human face, should be very clear with crisp, distinctive features, not various blobs and shades of color and shadow, otherwise it is not evidence of anything no matter how much you want to ghost it.

• Like 3

I'm feeling too sleepy at 3.44am to read all the posts on this but I'm wondering if anybody has suggested that it might be a weather balloon! :yes:

• Like 1

Nice window reflection of something behind the camera...

I don't think so. It's a rare phenomena but there are other examples:

zghost.jpg

The camera is somehow capturing things that we simply don't see when the atmospheric conditions are just right.

• Like 1

zghost.jpg

The camera is somehow capturing things that we simply don't see when the atmospheric conditions are just right.

Great pic. I hadn't seen that one before.

Zoser, thank you for sharing the photo. Is there a back story for it? Is this from a personal collection or is it on the web somewhere? Thank you again! :)

Edited by Saturday

zghost.jpg

Again,

Zoser you just shown us how will you are to take random vids or pictures and try and present them as evidence.

No lie Zoser, that has been posted on here numerous times and as stated this has been found faked because the person who made this confessed.

That is not proof.

Please do some research instead of picking what ever tickles your fancy

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 5

Pretty sure there's an app where you can create "ghosts"...this resembles something that looks just like it.

• Like 3

Atmospheric conditions? Like humidity, air temperature, wind speed?

What are the atmospheric conditions that are just right and how did someone conclude that cameras can capture things the human eye can't under certain atmospheric conditions?

Or was this claim just pulled out of thin air?

• Like 2

Atmospheric conditions? Like humidity, air temperature, wind speed?

What are the atmospheric conditions that are just right and how did someone conclude that cameras can capture things the human eye can't under certain atmospheric conditions?

Or was this claim just pulled out of thin air?

I pick number two for 10 dollars!

• Like 1

I don't trust those 'forensic analysis' thingamajigs of photos at all. For comparison, here's a couple of images of mine I posted in a recent Photoshop Ghosts thread. Despite the fact that the 'ghosts' have been Photoshopped in, there's nothing in the 'forensic analysis' pic to indicate anything out of the ordinary. I've tried this with a few pics I altered in Photoshop and nothing is showing up out of the ordinary. I suspect that if this is genuinely useful tool then it isn't much use in the hands of anyone who isn't an expert at interpreting the results. I've seen these pics before posted as evidence of how a pic has or hasn't been edited. Well, I'm posting 2 edited pics to it and I'll be buggered if I know what it's trying to tell me. Links below.

http://fotoforensics...b0081b67.121327

http://fotoforensics...92759da9.111646

I don't think the pic in the OP has been Photoshopped BTW, I think it's just good old fashioned pareidolia. It's nowhere as clear as some in this thread have made it out to be. I think it's just smudges and/or reflections in the glass somewhat resembling a face.

Edited by JesseCuster