Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Discovers Phantom Figure in Photo

Still Waters

Looking at the full sized pic, that would have to be a floating ghost, or a very unnaturally tall child ghost. It looks like it is leaning on the door frame inside the house, and is reflected in the glass. I still say photoshop, in fact my ghost brush set has one very similar image. Or ghost app.

I do not think this is pareidolia, but I am looking into the possibility, that an image may stay etched in the glass after lightning strikes. For example; if a little girl was standing near this window, say 50 years ago during a storm, the radiation may have burned a very slight image in the glass. You would not be able to see it except at certain angles with light refracting just perfect. There are two other possibilities in my opinion, a hoax or this is a spirit!

That is a very interesting theory.

As for my thoughts, it could be a photo manipulation hoax, a reflection (I know nothing about the layout of the building) though as others have said it has a certain conveyance of artifice as if it were never alive anyway, a picture or doll behind the window giving lease to the faded/faint quality, a legitimate ghost... who knows. It's a picture of what could be perceived as a dead person staring at living people. No one has a concrete answer, just opinion.

• Like 1

Lol I still have occasional nightmares about those angels. Eeep :no:

27 years old and they still scare the poop outta me :blush:

Edited by skydivingstars

• 2 weeks later...

Looks real to me but as usual post that make no sense and then being sarcastic. At any rate the pic doesn't appear to be doctored.Lastly you don't know the history of where she lives so always the discount it club.Slick capture to me.

Atmospheric conditions? Like humidity, air temperature, wind speed?

What are the atmospheric conditions that are just right and how did someone conclude that cameras can capture things the human eye can't under certain atmospheric conditions?

Or was this claim just pulled out of thin air?

The claim was formed in certain atmospheric conditions.

I don't think so. It's a rare phenomena but there are other examples:

zghost.jpg

The camera is somehow capturing things that we simply don't see when the atmospheric conditions are just right.

As an example of seeing things amongst other things, I had to stare at this photo for about a minute before convincing myself I couldn't see a bizarre side profile of a leering skullface in that weeping girl's hair... perhaps she sensed it too!

As an example of seeing things amongst other things, I had to stare at this photo for about a minute before convincing myself I couldn't see a bizarre side profile of a leering skullface in that weeping girl's hair... perhaps she sensed it too!

Now that I've looked there in that photo I can see a mildly angry looking stoic looking monkey in the young girl on the right's hair.

Sheesh I hate grunge, especially worn by young women who could be so pretty. As far as the illusions go, I suspect a little touch here and there.

I honestly think it is a reflection from inside the house of a young girl standing next to an open door (which is slighlty angled as should be) and she

appears to be looking at the woman who was being photographed. If that is a ghost, is that a ghost door next to her?

And look at the trash, 2 pizza boxes. Did they both eat one? Or were there more people there than they claimed? And if that was

from yesterday, doesn't he take the trash out when it's full? Lazy guy :)

Edited by Realm
  • Like 1

I honestly think it is a reflection from inside the house of a young girl standing next to an open door (which is slighlty angled as should be) and she

appears to be looking at the woman who was being photographed. If that is a ghost, is that a ghost door next to her?

And look at the trash, 2 pizza boxes. Did they both eat one? Or were there more people there than they claimed? And if that was

from yesterday, doesn't he take the trash out when it's full? Lazy guy :)

Nothing wrong with leaving trash for others...just look at the state of Everest :hmm:

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah gotta say this looks like a reflection or a deliberate hoax....could even be a phone App as previously pointed out.

I know when we are looking at photos of apparitions we often complain abut a lack of clarity and attribute these things to camera flare of lens aberrations, but conversely this image seems, dare I say it, a little TOO clear.

• 8 months later...

In all honestly it looks quite possible to just be a regular human being peeping. While creepy not paranormal.

Of all the ghost photo's I've seen this one looks the least like an actual ghost.