Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Like it was yesterday

Natasha14

I remeber this happining like it was yesterday. I tell ppl the story and they just think I am crazy. I know on this sight I can tell my story and hopefully have someone tell me that Im not alone.

It happened when my family and I were living in the trailor park in Harpperville, MS. It was on 80 acers of land owned by my grandpa. My parents owned a tralior close to the wooded area. It was summer time and in order to keep cool at night my parents decided to leave the window open. I was about 5 years old but this was so real and so scary for me that I remember it as clear as day!

So they left the window open that night. My bed was at the foot of their bed. So one morning I woke up at sunrise. The sun was shining thru the window and my parents were still asleep. As I turned to look at my parents in bed I saw it! He was about 2 or 3 feet tall and he had the legs of a goat, and the arms and head of a human man. He had little horns like they were just growing in, like a real goat would be. He was hairy and had hooves too.

My parnts headboard to the bed had like a area to put magazies books that sort of thing. The satyr was standing on the headboard just looking down at my dad while he slept. I was so terrified that he would hurt my dad. He saw me look at him and when he looked at me his eyes were so dark. Very dark brown, almost black. He looked so scary. Almost like he was thinking about hurting someone or he was just angry. I dunno. I called for my dad to wake up. "Daddy. There is something standing over you.." I spoke very calm and tried not to scream even tho I was terrified! Instantly my dad woke up and as soon as the satyr saw his eyes open he jumped on the night stand the jumped out the window. I was in complete shock and I was in tears telling my parents what I saw. My dad never saw it and I know I did not dream it or imagine this because my parents sent me to the living room to watch tv in order to calm down and get ready for breakfast. It has been the only time I have seen it but I still remember it so clearly!

• Like 1

Being from MS myself, I don't really think there are any satyrs running around in the state. I'm sure someone would have shot one by now.

My guess is that, while you thought you were awake, you were actually drifting in and out of sleep and simply had a dream. It's pretty common.

Nice font though - very soothing.

Well, since you just woke, up I assume that you were seeing what was in your dreams.

Hello, Natasha, welcome to UM. :st

I believe, as others have suggested, you experienced what is called a hypnopompic hallucination. This occurs when we are waking up, but before fully awake (it's cousin, the hypnagogic hallucination, occurs when we are falling asleep, but not fully asleep.) The brain may still be 'remembering' a dream and we confuse this with our normal, awake, audio-visual sense.

It can seem very real, and frightening.

• Like 1

From your reaction, I don't think this was just a dream.

I remember being younger than 5 and I saw my big sister looking out the window and she was watching something. I joined her and there were thousands of balloons floating down from the sky. I don't know if this was a dream or not.

I also remember being in the garden with my nan and she was putting the washing out on the line. Then I saw a massive fiery red bird with wings outstretched appear in the sky. I was excited and I asked "what's that!" She didn't see it.

At 4 years old I saw a man walking past me and nan when she was taking me to nursery. He was dressed exactly like those medieval court knaves from fantasy and fairy tale picture books. She didn't see him.

I don't want to just disappoint you and say you had just a dream and it wasn't real. Who is to say you experience wasn't real? There are far too many unknowns in the world.

Well, I find it hard to believe that a "goat man" got into her house, into her room, onto the headboard of her bed and just watched her. Then mysteriously dissipated when her dad opened the door, OK I don't believe it. Unless that was Grover stalking another potential half-blood.