Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Secret and Law of Attraction

ambelamba

Let me tell you how I feel about The Secret and Law of Attraction. If they really, really work then I bet they come at the price of other people's happiness and welfare.

And those two ideas are very American inventions.

I love America. I still want to believe that Founding Fathers had genuinely good intentions when they founded this country.

Please don't make my love for America into a pure hatred.

Let me tell you how I feel about The Secret and Law of Attraction. If they really, really work then I bet they come at the price of other people's happiness and welfare.

Our word in school for that is "bullying". There is a line between striving to improve your own life, and identifying your enemy's weakness and exploiting it. Our society does seem to lead toward the latter.

• Like 2

Sadly, I think our society is beyond help.

I love my country.

I love my freedom.

But freedom comes at a price.

for the life of me, I can't figure out why grown ups think they should get everything they want when they want it. What a sense of larger than life entitlement!

• Like 3

My favorite part was the guy sitting in the chair pretending that he had a sports car.

• Like 1

They do work.. but of course everything comes with a price...

you can get rich from websites and sitting back and collecting easy money.

but SOMEONE out there had to work in a factory to make the product you are selling...

and work long hours for little pay....

everything comes from somewhere...

the ones who use the law of attraction to their will..

are the ones who have the wisdom of making money from the efforts of OTHERS..

rather than only their own...

however the law of attraction for love.. is a whole other story...

not sure how it works in that aspect..

There was a sports car I wanted. I poured my heart and soul into visualizing me driving the car. I visualized the color (red, of course), the interior color, even the accessories. Did it fall into my lap? Yep, but not until I'd saved enough for the down payment and undertook a two-month search. Was that the Law of Attraction at work? I like to think so. Visualize, work towards your goal, and eventually circumstances will line up to grant your desires. :yes:

• Like 1

These things mentioned i stumbled upon being a salesman. Horrible really i don't buy it. lol Group mentality iz just not my cup of tea. My ego is just not that big i guess. :D

I have a Hoodoo money bag. When I have some real need for some cash I get it out and recharge it. What usually happens I get what I need and no more than that. Also it usually comes as an opportunity to get the money and I have to do something to get it. There is a book my Hoodoo mentor had me read called Jambalaya by Teish. It is a book for women but my mentor feels it transcends gender and I agree. In the book at one point she is walking in the desert and she has the urge to look under this lizard, she does and here is a 20 under it. What that little story meant to me is yes you might get what you want, but you have to do something to get it.

I think the women who wrote The Secret takes wish craft too far. You're not going to get a sports car sitting in a chair wishing for it.

• Like 1

I have a Hoodoo money bag. When I have some real need for some cash I get it out and recharge it. What usually happens I get what I need and no more than that. Also it usually comes as an opportunity to get the money and I have to do something to get it. There is a book my Hoodoo mentor had me read called Jambalaya by Teish. It is a book for women but my mentor feels it transcends gender and I agree. In the book at one point she is walking in the desert and she has the urge to look under this lizard, she does and here is a 20 under it. What that little story meant to me is yes you might get what you want, but you have to do something to get it.

I think the women who wrote The Secret takes wish craft too far. You're not going to get a sports car sitting in a chair wishing for it.

someone interviewed Teish and posted the videos on youtube; they're marvelous, and she holds so much wisdom & knowledge. If it weren't for the whole money thing in the Ifa tradition I might have become an initiate. Oh yeah, and the hierarchy thing, too. That power over business just about always gets out of hand.