Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Record-breaking alligator caught

Still Waters

This record-breaking reptile was caught and killed on the second day of alligator hunting season in Mississippi.

The 13-foot 5.5inch beast, weighing 723.5lbs, was caught by Beth Trammell and her team during the 10-day season in the state.

But the record was short-lived, as just hours later Dustin Brockman, along with two others, caught an alligator weighing three and a half pounds more at 727lbs.

http://www.standard....rs-8797402.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• msmike1

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Troy Landry of the reality show Swamp People caught one that long a few years ago. Don't remember the exact length but I know it was 13 feet long at least.

The lengths and weights on Troy's show, swamp people, are highly exaggerated. I mean to the point of being ridiculous. I used to fish a lot up where those boys killed that gator, and I can tell you there are some beasts in there. I would not doubt the record being broken again soon.

Mike

What I mean is that the alligators that you see the guys on Swamp People catch are not as big as the narrator says they are. Also, the weights of these alligators caught on the show are highly exaggerated as well. Now whether or not Troy has personally caught a gator that big or not, well, I have no idea. Maybe he has, but when they pull an eight foot gator in the boat on the show, and the narrator says it's 10ft, and 800lbs, well that is an absurd exaggeration. Most people that don't spend time around gators won't know the difference and it's for entertainment purposes only so it's no big deal. I'm sure Troy has caught some big gators in his time, but the TV show should not be taken as reality, because it's not.

Mike