Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia: "Britain just a small island"

Big Bad Voodoo

Don't argue about the power of English. Speaking it is a life-changer in much of the world and expected among the educated everywhere. There may be more native Chinese speakers, but that is in reality several languages that share a cumbersome writing system. The ability to speak any of the Chinese dialects does little for you except in China, while English is useful even in China.

Point is that languages can live without empire. Example Roman languages. Which are btw 1st by all means. Except again Chinese.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

I feel that I need to explain my stance on Syria.

Well my stance is that is proxy war. Between USA, UK and France vs. Russia, Iran and China. Im affraid of ww3.

Even if Syria fall into hands of UK and USA and Russia and China (again) move their fihish line, obviously USA and UK wont stop there.

In the end, if this policy is continued, it will resulted with WW3. Thats why Im against agression on Syria by USA and UK.

Also, rebels are not freedom fighters. They are ...(im not allow to say because moderator and administrator warn me once)

Thats my view. And Chinese and Russians too.

Although my heart "belongs" to USA, in this case Russians are good guys. Veto save USA lives. Syrian lives. Perhaps Russian lives. And British lives.

It will be easier to understand to you if you take as fact that Cold war never end up. by one side. USA.

And this remind me on Crimean war. English, French made war with Russians. And you know who won? Germans. Thats when they reached the sky.

[media=]

[/media]

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Speak of the devil... or the devil’s aunt :D

Britain is obviously one great island with great people and without them the world wouldn’t be what it is today. Obviously.

It’s debatable who screwed up where with human rights, but British contribution and influence are, again, obvious.

At the same time span, Russians were not less cruel or exploitative but they did not invent steam engine.

Today, there’s no British empire anymore, and no real intention to rebuild it, but there is very much obvious expansionist politics present in every move of Russia that is enjoying her short moment.

Much like oligarchs and mobsters, Russian politicians know it came too easy so easy it will go.

And that’s what we all should be worried with. Russia is not laying foundations for centuries to come, they are seizing what can be seized, living their lion moments, absolutely aware it won’t last.

Now goes the sort of off topic part, but... few people asked for it :D ...

Bosnia is another geographically relatively small but so great place.

It is home of the most indigenous Europeans, sometimes called Illyrians for lack of new, more accurate term. Bosnians were here all the time and Slavs that came only melted into existing population whose genome can be traced back to the ice age.

They split, by the whim of history, into three groups according to the religions they accepted, but the proof for Bosnian nationality and therefore their statehood lies in their genes and it can be, actually, proven by hardcore science. (Utter irony is that massacres committed on Bosniaks boosted genetic data and draw attention to not that expected genome of bodies in the mass graves.)

Bosnian identity was systematically undermined, ridiculed and questioned by the ex-Yugoslav communist elite. Dominated by Serbian extremists masked as communists above national identity, the former state aimed at creeping Serbification of everything and everyone.

That is how Bosnians “disappeared”... but they are here since last ice age so I’m absolutely certain they will see few more newfangled identities come and go, sipping the same coffee with the same calm.

Edit: I forgot the on topic, as usual... Putin is mad at certain British politicians for not playing along.

He wants his usual British sleepers on his side, acting all western until it’s time to screw something up in Russian favour. In other words, Brits withdrew from Syrian mess too soon and Putin is not amused. I am.

Thankd Helen. Nothing to add except that some people think that history begins with them and that nothing was before them.

• Like 1

Thankd Helen. Nothing to add except that some people think that history begins with them and that nothing was before them.

And for some after them.

And btw Bosniaks dont have unique genes.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

I don't care if Britain is just a small island of no importance. What is important to me is what Britain is to those who inhabit it.

And the one thing we can say with a renewed sense of pride, even if that pride is small and fragile, is that democracy still works in Britain.

We voted "No" to war.

• Like 5

I don't care if Britain is just a small island of no importance. What is important to me is what Britain is to those who inhabit it.

And the one thing we can say with a renewed sense of pride, even if that pride is small and fragile, is that democracy still works in Britain.

We voted "No" to war.

Same here. Look, I can't stand David Cameron but he's gold compared to the dictatorial homophobic Putin.

• Like 3

Same here. Look, I can't stand David Cameron but he's gold compared to the dictatorial homophobic Putin.

But he will not be one who caused WW3.

Big Bad Voodoo

Lol.

Russians and Chinese were also winners in WW2.

And to call Russians regional power made me to wrote lol.

Btw Merkel is boss.

Big Bad Voodoo

But Russia and China are not in Europe, which is what you were talking about.

She might be your boss, but she's not ours

But Russia and China are not in Europe, which is what you were talking about.

She might be your boss, but she's not ours

Oh yes she is. You just not aware of it. Maybe it will not be after you leave if you ever leave EU.

Big Bad Voodoo

Who is going to cause it? If anybody will, that is...

Your PM and Obama if attack Syria and Russia and China decide to not back off again.

Big Bad Voodoo

Oh yes she is. You just not aware of it. Maybe it will not be after you leave if you ever leave EU.

Big Bad Voodoo

The EU is finished if the UK leaves it
  • Like 1

Your PM and Obama if attack Syria and Russia and China decide to not back off again.

Big Bad Voodoo

Depends on your view point

Big Bad Voodoo

It won't happen, too many deals between countries, financial debts, etc.....I personally don't see it happen.

Depends on your view point

No it depends on logic and law. Russia said they will help Syria. And if USA and UK ignored veto of China and Russia then we all know how we call people who are doing outside of law.

Outlaws. Did Roosvelt start WW2?

Big Bad Voodoo

It won't happen, too many deals between countries, financial debts, etc.....I personally don't see it happen.

I wish.But if not now, Russia and China will say enough eventually. Maybe, I said maybe they will back off again.

But next will be Egypt or Iran. And be sure that when Iran would be hit that WW3 starts.

So far Putin claim that is Syria fihish line. He claimed that for Libya. But we all know that Libya isnt Syria. For numerous reasons.

Big Bad Voodoo

No it depends on logic and law. Russia said they will help Syria. And if USA and UK ignored veto of China and Russia then we all know how we call people who are doing outside of law.

Outlaws. Did Roosvelt start WW2?

Big Bad Voodoo

It's only outside the law because the Russians keep vetoing it

It's only outside the law because the Russians keep vetoing it

Exactly. And not only Russians. Law is law. Most of G20 states.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Exactly. And not only Russians. Law is law.

Big Bad Voodoo

Ok if they go in the Russians can put their case to the UN to defend Assad and UK, US and France can vito it, then WW3 will be Putins fault :yes:

Ok if they go in the Russians can put their case to the UN to defend Assad and UK, US and France can vito it, then WW3 will be Putins fault :yes:

No. UK and USA were one who break a deal. And with no deal its chaos. Armagedon.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Unless Putin, who you all hate so much, show again another cheek as in the case of Libya.

Irony is that he saves your lives. You are just not aware of it.

Big Bad Voodoo

Unless Putin, who you all hate so much, show again another cheek as in the case of Libya.

Irony is that he saves your lives. You are just not aware of it.

Big Bad Voodoo

Who's to say that any alliance made with Putin will be honoured by whoever replaces him?