Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia: "Britain just a small island"

Big Bad Voodoo

Who's to say that any alliance made with Putin will be honoured by whoever replaces him?

I dont understand question. Its language barrier. (Mine)

Big Bad Voodoo

I can't think of any way of stating it more plainly.

Okay I will answer as I understand it.

Russian people.

Big Bad Voodoo

Okay I will answer as I understand it.

Russian people.

Big Bad Voodoo

I am, and therefore speak, English. The fact that you are forced to communicate in my language tells me more than I ever need to know about world influence.

• Like 1

I am, and therefore speak, English. The fact that you are forced to communicate in my language tells me more than I ever need to know about world influence.

Many variables played role. In Croatia we always look on west and central Europe as role models. So English, French, Germany especially, Spanish, Italian are common languages learnt in my country. While 400 km from capital Zagreb is Serbia. Where is Russian, English,Greek and French are commonly learnt. Because they saw them as allies. Same as Croats saw Germans and USA as allies.

Also on world stage, we could debate in which extend USA is responsible for spread of English. I would say in big extened.

Big Bad Voodoo

Many variables played role. In Croatia we always look on west and central Europe as role models. So English, French, Germany especially, Spanish, Italian are common languages learnt in my country. While 400 km from capital Zagreb is Serbia. Where is Russian, English,Greek and French are commonly learnt. Because they saw them as allies. Same as Croats saw Germans and USA as allies.

Also on world stage, we could debate in which extend USA is responsible for spread of English. I would say in big extened.

Big Bad Voodoo

Yes, the USA has played its part in the spread of English. The USA is an offshoot of the British Empire, and has helped in the spread of English culture round the world.

Yes, the USA has played its part in the spread of English. The USA is an offshoot of the British Empire, and has helped in the spread of English culture round the world.

I could only agree. And almost all people on earth who learn English learn US English. Not Brittish accent English. Im mean I learn Brittish English but I never spoke that way.

I have japanese accent.) But I try to look like USA.

And USA culture is different then UK.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

I could only agree. And almost all people on earth who learn English learn US English. Not Brittish accent English. Im mean I learn Brittish English but I never spoke that way.

I have japanese accent.) But I try to look like USA.

Big Bad Voodoo

And USA culture is different then UK.

Big Bad Voodoo

Which is good. We don't want billions of foreigners speaking like us. We need to set boundaries. You probably have no idea just how uneducated American English sounds to British ears.

Which is good. We don't want billions of foreigners speaking like us. We need to set boundaries. You probably have no idea just how uneducated American English sounds to British ears.

As an American, I find this post more than a little offensive.....Yes, we speak a slightly different version of "English" than you, and have different accents, but that's a pretty broad brush you're using. Kind of like Americans saying all English have terrible teeth. It's just all kinds of wrong!

Think before you post....

• Like 1

I think the British are loved around the world for their warm friendly manner and their open welcoming nature, their cuisine, and their self-deprecating sense of humour.

I've been to the Isles twice and I was right there with you until you mentioned the "cuisine"... but that was the 'self deprecating sense of humour' part, right?

Some of the best fish 'n chips and beer I ever had though.

• Like 1

I am hopeful that Putin is just a delay on the road to progress in Russia and its incorporation into the world, and even he is not as bad as many of his predecessors.

• Like 1

As an American, I find this post more than a little offensive.....Yes, we speak a slightly different version of "English" than you, and have different accents, but that's a pretty broad brush you're using. Kind of like Americans saying all English have terrible teeth. It's just all kinds of wrong!

I didn't say that American speech was uneducated. I said that it sounds uneducated to British ears.

Edited by Elfin

Hi Skyscanner,

Anyway English language isnt first. Also even it does what does it change?

Compare by any means. Russians are greater power then UK. To claim otherwise is hilarious, imho.

First of all there is much debate about that chemical attack. Its also debate on its own. Which is not subject of this debate. (?)

Rebels in Syria are subject on its own. Also not subject of debate.(?)

Point is that they have ability to use veto because they as UK are winners in WW2.

In fact more Russians died then all others allies combined.

About BRIC-it isnt maybe. Its most likely. 90%. You see there is brench of economy which predict future events. And they do it with high accuracy.

Also all today data show that they are economic power.

Big Bad Voodoo

edit: I wonder would UK used veto if Russians decide to attack Norway or Holland?

You can keep repeating your opinion as many times as you like, however, it has no baring on the facts. Also, continuously stating "Russia is greater power then UK" and offering nothing to back it up, means nothing.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't wish the UK was getting involved in Syria, at all.....infact if I had my way we wouldn't get involved in any conflict/resolution at all (other then protection of our existing territories). I don't want to see another British serviceman killed or maimed for people who couldn't give a rats ass about us. I say we should pull back from world (military) affairs...we've had our bloody history, our dark times, and now we are a stable, democratic country that runs pretty peacefully by and large. We should not get involved, concentrate on just protecting what we already have, and leave the rest to get on with it.

Edited by Sky Scanner

I disagree, it's just a different accent. Some American accents are very soothing to the ear actually, but maybe it's personal taste.

And do you know how much money the UK gets just from foreigners learning the language? Those billion foreigners you talk about are helping you and me live in a strong economy.

• Like 1

Big Bad Voodoo

The spread of the English language is due to the British Empire.

I don't know what inspired Europeans to start leaning it, but I'd say it was more influenced by the country next door to them than the one on the other side of the world.

• Like 1

1:1 :hmm:

Maybe they feel underpaid so they moonlight as carpenters or plumbers and have no energy for football :lol:

Britsih didnt invented steam engine. Greeks did that.

All right, lawyer little, British reinvented steam engine after Christianity disconnected Europeans from their antique civilization heritage. Brits also found the way to apply said engine and turn cosy experiment into industrial revolution.

While Russian tsars were thinking taxing peasant beards will make Russia more advanced.

About Bosniaks,Recently I got for present book "Na klizištu povijesti" by Dubravko Lovrenčić. 807 pages.

Wonderfull book.I recommand it.

Big Bad Voodoo

Books are many, Bosnia is one. She speaks for herself, and her people are so distinctive they are not only a nation, they should be recognized a separate race. (Yes, I’m kidding about separate race. Am not kidding about distinctive Bosnians.)

For instance, I always knew Glavaš is Bosanac, long before he tailed out of Croatia to escape his former party persecution.

Tragedy is that on the other, quasi-Serbian side, Dodik is another example of obvious genetic Bosnian. Both Bosnian Croats and Serbs should take a better look in the mirror, literally, and realize the history has screwed them over with designating nation through religion.

edit: And to call Russians mobsters and oligarchs is kindly suggesting what you stated.

Easy come easy go. Well it isnt like you said. They gone trough phenomenan called transition.

Which is debate on it own.

Russia today is obviously an absolutist monarchy with tsar Putin whose new boyars are oligarchs and they pledge absolute loyalty and obedience to the tsar. If not, see Khodorkovsky.

Less interesting people are being executed and the nature of the execution is never hidden. That’s the specialty of KGB, they don’t just kill you, they let whole world know you’ve been killed for annoying them. See Litvinenko example.

The transition phenomenon is what destroyed Croatia too. Handful of soulless traitors ripped the guts out our fatherland and spent it on whores, private helicopters and Swiss education for their retarded children.

But no one is greater patriot than them. And people poor financially and spiritually still buy their speeches because they give them so sweet illusion that everything is someone else’s fault.

It’s not.

It is our damn fault, it is our laziness, stupidity, ignorance, vanity and general Slavic ******* around while earth stands still.

That’s Russian situation too, only worse.

I am not taking Russian side just because US is corporative (yes, it is and that can be easily changed – simply stop living corporate-friendly rabid consumer life and it will implode on its own).

First, Russian oligarchy is practically worse for small people than western corporatism while it’s morally essentially the same.

Second, I am loyal to my nation and my nation is loyal to the West. If we mind something about us, we should work on fixing it. Supporting worse than we are is not the way we can fix anything.

Which brings me to the phenomenon of pampered western kids who have a thing for Putin.

They should do what group of American workers did in 1930s: move to Russian workers paradise. Soon they wanted back home, but instead they were given free one-way tickets to Siberia.

I so wish the Internet red brigade do the same. No need to pack any bags, everything just waits for them.

• Like 2

And interestingly, or not, I find some American accents to sound better than some English ones. I find the Southern accent to be particulary pleasant to listen to, for instance the late Shelby Foote. Or an accent like Morgan Freeman's.

The spread of the English language is due to the British Empire.

I don't know what inspired Europeans to start leaning it, but I'd say it was more influenced by the country next door to them than the one on the other side of the world.

I think that English language is no popular due Americano.

Big Bad Voodoo

I could imagine. :w00t: Like Borat. No seriously, I think that Brittishness dont have definition today. You have "foreigners" in your country who are now Brittish. They adopted your culture but you homeboys Brittish also adopted some of their culture. There is no one link connection.

Big Bad Voodoo

I didn't say that American speech was uneducated. I said that it sounds uneducated to British ears.

How then Australian sounds? To me its irritating. No offence to all those Australians here. If you heard mine, then you will know what does irritating English means. But I try. UM helps me a lot.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

You can keep repeating your opinion as many times as you like, however, it has no baring on the facts. Also, continuously stating "Russia is greater power then UK" and offering nothing to back it up, means nothing.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't wish the UK was getting involved in Syria, at all.....infact if I had my way we wouldn't get involved in any conflict/resolution at all (other then protection of our existing territories). I don't want to see another British serviceman killed or maimed for people who couldn't give a rats ass about us. I say we should pull back from world (military) affairs...we've had our bloody history, our dark times, and now we are a stable, democratic country that runs pretty peacefully by and large. We should not get involved, concentrate on just protecting what we already have, and leave the rest to get on with it.

Its not opinion. Its fact. What in particular you find that I need to back up?

And I have same view as you about war. But your government dont have. Why? Its whole other story.

And if I start to spoke about it this thread would be removed in conspiracy subforum or I would be banned because this is "Anglosaxons" forum.

There is something wierd behind USA government and UK government. Like they have double lines of command.

Its funny that all British I spoke with are against wars yet wars keep coming. Like you dont have democracy. If you can understand me.

Big Bad Voodoo

Helen,

Vatreni were amazing. They didnt loose in belgrade. And we beat them in Zagreb. Plus we eliminated them for Brazil race. Im proud of them. Just I wanted to see 0:3.

I see that you just picking bad things from Russia. True they tax peasants. But what Brittish did? I dont wont to turn this thread into who is done more bad or good things in history. Everyone did. So do Russians. Ofcourse Im loyal to west. Croatia crucial allies are USA and Germany. But I dont want that our role models become outlaws. You see, somehow I think that justice will prevail no matter what. But if they act without Russian "yes" -justice isnt on their side. Russia went trough Transition. Which I personally studied a lot. By all datas we have Slovenia done more successfull transition. While Croatia is on 3rd place. While Ukraine have had hyperinflation. So we are not bad as Ukraine or Russia. What Russian people went trough is phenomenan which western world didnt expirienced. And sure KGB killed people. No doubt. But also we can mentioned bad sides of Brittish. Yet again I dont want that this thread into who done more bad things. Personally I found Brittish empire also bad as Russia for their deeds in Transvaal, China and Slavery/Africa. Atleast Russian mostly did crimes on own people. They were never imperialists. Also you are wrong about Russia for small people.

And this part goes to Skyscanner aswell. Since you didnt read about BRIC in page I provided. I will give you some info.

40% of the world's foreign exchange reserves possessed by BRIC.Meaning all rest world have 60%.

Russia notes growth of the middle class. So when middle class is growing you know its good. West loose battle when choose profit instead of working places. Also we can argue di communism won? Since China won . Political term is still communism in China. Economic term capitalism.

BRIC foundation is not bank pyramid its export and working places . So they dont depened pulling on foreign money from their market.

I found many economies interesting to study. Germany, Estonia, Poland...But India and Brazil are amazing.

President Lula da Silva intorduced Bolsa Famila,financial aid to poor Brazilian families , if they have children , families must ensure that the infants attend school and are vaccinated . The program attempts to both reduce short -term poverty by direct cash transfers and fight long- term poverty by becoming human capital among the poor through conditional cash transfers .

It also works to give free education to children who can not afford to go to school to show the importance of education .

The Economist described Bolsa Família as an "anti- poverty scheme invented in Latin America "(which ) " is winning converts worldwide . "

Poverty in Brazil fell 27.7 % during the first term in the Lula administration .

About 12 million Brazilian families receive funds from Bolsa Família , Which has been described as " the largest program of its kind in the world . "

By February 2011, 26 % of the Brazilian population were covered by the program. Brazil is home of the football World Cup 2014th

Discover oil reserves . Brazil will export oil.

BRIC and NEXT 11 will economcly delted competition such as USA and UK. Germany is saver of Europe. Its all about them.

Ofcourse that Bosnia is one. Sadly I think that west powers already divided Bosnia. Im mean we have 18 years old who live all their lives in RS.

Big Bad Voodoo