Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Social services take 6-hour-old baby

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2413319/Father-secretly-records-moment-hour-old-baby-taken-away-social-services.html?ICO=most_read_module

One social worker can be heard telling the parents: 'We are going to take [baby J]. I don't want to have to get physical.'

The mother can be heard wailing and screaming 'no' as social workers take her baby.

• Like 1

They lost 3 children the same way. They obviously pose a danger.

Social services doesn't take children away for fun.

• Like 1

And maybe its about time social services arranged for the fathers "bits" to be taken away too!

• Like 1

I'm torn on this. It sounds like the kids are being taken because the mum has learning difficulties and can't care properly for them. So part of me thinks (the mum part) maybe they could help her out so she can get to spend more time with her kid. 6 hours is pretty rough!

But then I guess that would only delay the inevitable. It's sad.

My mum is a foster parent and she's had to collect babies straight from the hospital but usually cases where they are in danger by being with the parents or drugs have been involved.

Wow, heartbreaking.... :no:

I'm sorry, but that is not right. How about instead of taking their children, Social Services help the parents out and give them some support?

• Like 2

Wow, heartbreaking.... :no:

I'm sorry, but that is not right. How about instead of taking their children, Social Services help the parents out and give them some support?

Agree.

Big Bad Voodoo

• Like 1

And maybe its about time social services arranged for the fathers "bits" to be taken away too!

I used to know a guy that the government paid for him to get "fixed" because the state was tired of him having kids that he stuck on welfare.

Edited by Rye17

I don't know if social services were correct in taking the kids away cause the parents have special needs.....but listening to that mum in agony at loosing another baby made me shed a tear...:-(

Edited by Aggie
  • Like 1

They obviously pose a danger.

Social services doesn't take children away for fun.

There's nothing "obvious" about it. and yes they do it to increase their power and government budgets/

The Nazi's decided to gas millions.They obviously were bad. The SS didn't kill people for fun. geesh!

Edited by ninjadude
  • Like 2

Well that was quick!

So because the Nazis did nasty stuff "for the greater good" anyone else who does something for "the greater good" they're just as bad as teh nazis.

• Like 1

Read about Rachel Pullen. Her IQ supposedly was a bit low, so the state kidnapped her baby too. The authorities wouldn't even let her brother and parents help her. There's something quite troubling about the British baby-snatching system.

• Like 1

Wait a freaking minute. She has a "learning disability"? What kind of challenge does she face to warrant such a serious move by the government? Are they kidnapping the kids of dyslexic and ADD moms now?

• Like 1

Wait a freaking minute. She has a "learning disability"? What kind of challenge does she face to warrant such a serious move by the government? Are they kidnapping the kids of dyslexic and ADD moms now?

I actually know someone who used to live near me who had two children taken away from her due to what was described as "learning difficulty". She could just about manage to look after herself but sadly not her children. She would eat when she was hungry, but would not think to feed the child. Carers would go around 3-4 times a day and the baby would be in dirty nappies and crying with hunger. I have no doubt at all that this lady loved her child, she just didn't understand how to care for a baby. She went on to have one more child and the same happened there.

It was the woman's own mother who told me all this, she was a vile woman and obviously didn't care a great deal about her daugher or granddaughter. She wasn't willing to help her at all and preferred boozing and leaving her daughter who could barely look after herself to end up with her children taken away :(

I have no idea who the father was in this case though, he certainly wasn't on the scene.

Edited by Moon Gazer
  • Like 3

I think there's a little more to this story. And I'm betting her "learning disability" is a bit more severe than something like dyslexia.

I actually know someone who used to live near me who had two children taken away from her due to what was described as "learning difficulty". She could just about manage to look after herself but sadly not her children. She would eat when she was hungry, but would not think to feed the child. Carers would go around 3-4 times a day and the baby would be in dirty nappies and crying with hunger. I have no doubt at all that this lady loved her child, she just didn't understand how to care for a baby. She went on to have one more child and the same happened there.

It was the woman's own mother who told me all this, she was a vile woman and obviously didn't care a great deal about her daugher or granddaughter. She wasn't willing to help her at all and preferred boozing and leaving her daughter who could barely look after herself to end up with her children taken away :(

I have no idea who the father was in this case though, he certainly wasn't on the scene.

Oh, that is such a sad story! :(

But, instead of taking the children away, how about they give them classes and a support system. Teach them to change diapers, and how often, when they cry, what to do, and when to feed them, etc. Give them a journal to write down when they feed and change the baby, etc. Heck, maybe they can have someone live with the mom for a few weeks, and show her what to do.

Just because someone is slow or has a learning disability, like Downs Syndrome for example, doesn't mean they can't take care of a child. All it takes is support and teaching them, after all, their not stupid. It doesn't take much to raise a child, all they need is love and care....

I just wish other avenues were explored more fully, before a decision to take a child from a home. Of course, then Social Services, wouldn't get all that money, then.... :no:

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 1

I wasn't talking about such tragic cases, as there are times when it's fitting and proper to remove children from homes if there are signs of true abuse and/or neglect. I'm referring to the sadistic, subjective, unnecessary removal of kids from families who love them. Such cases seem very arbitrary. Take the case of Rachel Pullen (please google her story). Her IQ supposedly was just two or so points below the arbitrary cutoff line, so the social troopers kidnapped her baby and refused to let her parents or brother help her. They refused to even let her *see* her baby for any amount of time. She sounds like she's normal, so that raises my eyebrows, as do the other cases in the UK like her case. If somebody tried that on me ("dad has OCD, so let's snatch his kid"), I can't tell you what I would do to them.

• Like 1

I worked for Social Services for 8 years, and there is no way we're getting all of the story due to confidentiality issues. Because of confidentiality laws Social Services can't speak to the issues, nor about the families, or kids, or anything else; they are basically prevented from saying anything that could be construed as justification for their decisions. Most social services agencies are operating with such minimal staff & minimal budgets that they've almost be rendered useless, yet people complain that they either do too much or too little. My personal experience was that they did too little because of such high caseloads, and these experiences are from both years on the job and family members who were physically abusive to their children.