Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My pen moved by itself

dreamland

Ok. This just happened few minutes ago this morning, and instantly i knew i have to share this with you guys. First of all i have no reason to lie, this really happened. Here we go... i set in front of my computer this morning, and i am just about to surf the internet, and then lol ! the pen that is on the table in front of the monitor just moved !! pen lies on its side, so there had to be some force used. It was like, if i take my finger and move the pen up a little from its side and let it go. amazing.... my house is not haunted or anything. Did any of you had something like this before?

this is the pen

IMG_20130906_084121.jpg

Edited by dreamland
  • Like 2

Now try putting a marble there to see what happens.

PS: I assume you mean NO and not TO? maybe!

"i have to reason to lie"

• Like 1

A vibration on the floor can make an object move.

• Like 4

Did any of you had something like this before?

I once saw a beer can slowly slide several inches over a table for no apparent reason. The friend I was with saw it too. We both just stared at each other after it happened thinking "WTF was that all about?"
  • Like 1

I'm curious as to if the whole pen moved or if it was just one end that moved. Like did the whole pen shift from one spot to the other, or perhaps the clicky end rotate a bit around the grip end? Or did it rotate along the horizontal to make the pocket clip rotate up?

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

I once saw a beer can slowly slide several inches over a table for no apparent reason. The friend I was with saw it too. We both just stared at each other after it happened thinking "WTF was that all about?"

A few years ago a few friends of mine had the exact same experience... they watched a beer can slid across the table... there was no moisture, no other beer cans or beer glasses or ashtrays moved. Just that one beer can that slid from one end of the table to the other while all the other items stayed in place. They've never had it happen again- and they still use the same table.

Edited by Saturday

I've seen glasses, bottles and cans all do this. Usually the work of condensation.

• Like 5

One time, the remote control rocked from side to side (it was a bit round around the edges.) I thought I was seeing things! I immediately went and checked out a website which records earthquakes. Yup. I never felt it, but the remote did.

Anyhow, are you sure you didn't bump the table? Perhaps you'd just laid the pen down (unevenly?) and it soon gave way and rolled a bit?

I'm just trying to run through the possibilities :)

oh oh i know this... but should i tell you....

• Like 2

oh oh i know this... but should i tell you....

You knew an explanation was coming, right? :innocent:

That story about the moving beer can is completely true.

It turns out the following facts are also true:

1. It was a full beer can and therefore had a significant weight (it was a cheap beer that came in 1 liter (c. 2 pint) cans that me and my friend were fond of partaking of on a Friday or Saturday night).

2. The bottom of the beer can was wet and thus was slippery.

3. My computer desk that it was sitting on turned out to have a slightly sloped surface which would explain why a relatively heavy wet object could slide downwards on it without any external force.

Once the 2 of us figured all that above, it was no longer such a bizarre mystery. But it was freaky at the time. A beer can sliding across a flat table is an odd thing to explain when you're not use to thinking about how these kind of phenomena might be explained otherwise.

This isn't meant to explain the story in the OP, but merely as an example of how otherwise bizarre weird events shared amongst 2 or more people can have logical explanations not obvious at the time which might appear seemingly immune to rational explanation.

• Like 1

1. It was a full beer can and therefore had a significant weight (it was a cheap beer that came in 1 liter (c. 2 pint) cans that me and my friend were fond of partaking of on a Friday or Saturday night).

3. My computer desk that it was sitting on turned out to have a slightly sloped surface which would explain why a relatively heavy wet object could slide downwards on it without any external force.

Once the 2 of us figured all that above, it was no longer such a bizarre mystery. But it was freaky at the time. A beer can sliding across a flat table is an odd thing to explain when you're not use to thinking about how these kind of phenomena might be explained otherwise.

This isn't meant to explain the story in the OP, but merely as an example of how otherwise bizarre weird events shared amongst 2 or more people can have logical explanations not obvious at the time which might appear seemingly immune to rational explanation.

Oh i know, I was just lazy lol

• Like 3

Last year my aunt and I saw a toy sword with the light in the middle, turn on by itself. It belonged to her son who was in school that morning. The sword was on top of a shelf and it works so that you have to hold down the button for it to stay on. I grabbed it and then it turned off. When I first saw it, I was rolling my eyes explaining to my aunt, it simply got stuck or was a malfunction of some kind. Then after examining it, I realized how there was no way it had malfunctioned and was freaked out myself. Strange things happen and we don't always have the right answers for it, no matter how rational we might be.

Sometimes it's necessary to just say, "I don't know and will probably never know," than to jump to conclusions.

• Like 1

As you can see in the picture, the pen lies on its side, so it was like if you twist its side a little up and release it and goes back to its side again... it happened in like 1 second but i saw it. The pen could not stand upright, when that happened because there would not be a balance. I also heard that sound of the pen going back to its side. Amazing

Edited by dreamland

Have you been playing with the ouija board by any chance ?

wow i am shocked, You normally ask if the building was built on Indian burial grounds.

• Like 2

One time I was talking to my friends GF about her Aunt that passed in recent weeks,and she turned the tv off with the remote.I saw her place the tv remote right side up on the coffe table.We were talking,and then the tv turned on.We looked at the remote,and it was button side down.

Even though she was talking to me,and not looking in the direction of the remote,the remote was in my peripheral vision,but I was not paying attention to it as we conversed.

It could be that I was mistaken about the remote's position even though she agreed she placed it right side up.The TV though never before or since just glitched on,or the cat who knows the table was a no no happen to paw the remote without me noticing?

What a crime...