Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tether Incident

ufo-hunter

Jim, may I ask what is the file type and the pixel dimensions of the files? It might also be helpful if I knew the type (ie ISO speed and frame size) of film and the resolution (in ppi or dpi) of the scanner used. I may be able to help with this, even if only to suggest suitable jpeg settings to get as near as possible to 'original' quality. Sadly it does look like the images are very grainy so there might be some problems - but usually, even a very large and complex file can be squished down to only a few Mb with virtually no loss of detail..

Alternatively, it might be possible to find a much better compression method, so that the files can stay uncompromised but could be emailed /uploaded in a 'zipped' form.

What might be quickest is to snail mail the disk to a skilled expert, message me your address. I don't see any more spare time for weeks.

done via pm, Jim. Thanks for the opportunity to help!

Maybe the explanation given is just not convincing enough. The strange floating objects that pulsate never did look like alien space ships to me, but neither do they look like ice balls. Every one seems perfectly round for a start.

It's a failure to convince; the science is too cloaked in esoteric explanations to be credible and people smell a rat.

I think it's as simple as that.

Why not try and lay out the explanation again with analogies?

I miss zoser..... :hmm:

I love the Tether Incident...what ever it is...

this is a zoomed in untouched still...

when a chuggy thing moved downwards and touched another thing...that then changed into a kind of spiral-thing...

tether2-1-1-4.jpg

and with neon effect

tether2-1-1-1-2.jpg

tether2-1-1-3.jpg

I've got the big pulsating blobs somewhere.... :) ...will see if I can find them..

and here's a notched pulsating blob....

untouched...

blobby-1.jpg

closeupblob-1.jpg

and tinted green...

blobby-1-1.jpg

closeupblob-1-1.jpg

I'm not saying they're 'alien'...that's just the title of the video and I can't be bothered to crop the pics...

although an 'alien' anomaly could be just something that is strange....and the Tether Incident certainly is strange.

I just obtained and shared several dozen never-before-seen hand-held photos of the broken-away tether, here:

http://www.abovetops...pg3#pid18104886

thanks jim :tu:

the tether seems very straight, where can i find info re the time-stamps? haven't read the whole thread on ats, so maybe i'm missing something!

i assumed that the tether recoiled after breakaway :wacko:

953377b2ec24.jpg

eta..

http://video.abovetopsecret.com/sbplayer.php?vid=5221

Edited by mcrom901

The tether curled slightly at the broken end, and bent a little from air drag, but otherwise hung straight. A week or two later, I saw it myself with binoculars passing over Texas pre-dawn.

Good question re the time stamps, this was 35 and 70mm film, and all they had were date stamps and even they were usually wrong. We do not know -- and the archivists did not ask before everybody forgot -- which pictures were taken on which visibility window over the six-hour fly-under sequence [visible briefly every sunrise] through which orbiter window. Frustrating as heck.

I love the Tether Incident...what ever it is...

this is a zoomed in untouched still...

when a chuggy thing moved downwards and touched another thing...that then changed into a kind of spiral-thing...

tether2-1-1-4.jpg

and with neon effect

tether2-1-1-1-2.jpg

tether2-1-1-3.jpg

I've got the big pulsating blobs somewhere.... :) ...will see if I can find them..

It's a Pokemon!

• Like 1