Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Job Report : 7.3% Unemployment Rate

CyberKen

In the past few months the unemployment rate has been going down not much but slowly going down

Unemployment rate is 7.3% but that's only because record numbers of Americans are giving up altogether.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101014437

90,473,000 Americans are not in the Labor Force.

Obamanomics is a train wreck.

If we repeal ObamaCare will more jobs get created?

We've known this to be the case for 5+ years now.

I agree with some of the political pundits I've heard in the past day or so that the reason this is now being reported honestly is that a lowering unemployment rate will necessitate the end of easing by the Fed due to a perceived improving economy. As soon as that happens, the stock market will crash and it's 2008 all over again. Just look at the wild ride the markets did a few days ago when it was "suggested" that Bernanke was considering the end of easing.

Edited by Rafterman

We've known this to be the case for 5+ years now.

I agree with some of the political pundits I've heard in the past day or so that the reason this is now being reported honestly is that a lowering unemployment rate will necessitate the end of easing by the Fed due to a perceived improving economy. As soon as that happens, the stock market will crash and it's 2008 all over again. Just look at the wild ride the markets did a few days ago when it was "suggested" that Bernanke was considering the end of easing.

It's going to be a rough ride.

Obama is on the ropes. The Front Page of the New York Times has 7 Syrian soldiers getting tortured and then shot in the back of the head.

That will ensure that the house will vote No on Syria.

Then that will throw us into the federal government shutdown in order to defund ObamaCare.

Obama is already a lame duck president. The economy is flat.

Everybody wants a waiver to ObamaCare. Lets give the American people what they want. Isn't this a democracy?

I think automation is creating a serious problem for the poorly educated in the States.

ObamaCare is killing jobs.

Solve the problem.

The more expensive you make hiring people (such as with ObamaCare), the better the investment in automation becomes.

In the end this will work out well, but the world may end up with a permanent dependent class much as what was created by the existence of slavery in Rome.

It's going to be a rough ride.

Obama is on the ropes. The Front Page of the New York Times has 7 Syrian soldiers getting tortured and then shot in the back of the head.

That will ensure that the house will vote No on Syria.

Then that will throw us into the federal government shutdown in order to defund ObamaCare.

Obama is already a lame duck president. The economy is flat.

Everybody wants a waiver to ObamaCare. Lets give the American people what they want. Isn't this a democracy?

Why is it Obama's job to run the economy? Why is Obama on the ropes? The economy is on the ropes. But it's the "It's the economy stupid" that's been the media's way of brainwashing us into believing that the economy comes from the White House.

This is a dangerous social condition, and who to blame for it goes far beyond the Johnny-come-lately in the White House today.

Edited by Yamato

Why is it Obama's job to run the economy? Why is Obama on the ropes? The economy is on the ropes. But it's the "It's the economy stupid" that's been the media's way of brainwashing us into believing that the economy comes from the White House.

This is a dangerous social condition, and who to blame for it goes far beyond the Johnny-come-lately in the White House today.

ObamaCare introduced uncertainty. With 90,473,000 Americans out of the work force, it won't take long for the Barbarians to be at the gate.

Millions more are underemployed.

Obama is a failure domestically and internationally.

Obama will have to fold.

Unemployment rate is 7.3% but that's only because record numbers of Americans are giving up altogether.

So, where did you get this figure of 90,473,000 unemployed Americans?

Does that figure take into account all of those that are under 16, disabled, or have retired?

Again where did you pull this figure from?

7.3% of 320 million people is only about 23 million people. Are you saying 67 million people have "given up"?

Well there are the elderly, children, and the huge ranks of the Americans in prison. The American solution to everything seems to be to send people to long jail sentences.

Well there are the elderly, children, and the huge ranks of the Americans in prison. The American solution to everything seems to be to send people to long jail sentences.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,266,800 adults were incarcerated in U.S. federal and state prisons, and county jails at year-end 2011 – about 0.7% of adults in the U.S. resident population. Additionally, 4,814,200 adults at year-end 2011 were on probation or on parole. In total, 6,977,700 adults were under correctional supervision (probation, parole, jail, or prison) in 2011 – about 2.9% of adults in the U.S. resident population.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

0.7% is not necessarily a huge amount. Those on probation or parole may or may not have jobs......

Compare this to the incarceration rates of other countries. I think only China (and maybe Russia) are worse.

I think there are several reasons. First, guns; second, drugs; and third, the obsolete statutory rape laws that put a 19 year old in jail for 30 years because his 17 year old girlfriend lied about her age.

Compare this to the incarceration rates of other countries. I think only China (and maybe Russia) are worse.

I think there are several reasons. First, guns; second, drugs; and third, the obsolete statutory rape laws that put a 19 year old in jail for 30 years because his 17 year old girlfriend lied about her age.

But this has little to do with the unemployment rate.......in fact it creates lots of jobs for the prison industry.

I'm not saying this is good or bad, but less prisoners = less prison jobs. There are whole cities dependent on these jobs.

• Like 1

Well of course. Throw a rock through every window in town and you make lots of work for glass makers.

The unemployment rate as I understand it is the ratio of those who say they want work to the total who have jobs. I don't know if that includes the armed forces or not.

Such rates can be inflated by making it a requirement for getting various kinds of financial assistance, as well as by actually giving out unemployment benefits. Still, I think the US and maybe most of the developed world may be entering a period when the uneducated have to be on a permanent dole. Machines nowadays too easily take over the only jobs they can do. A lot of these people have all sorts of complicating issues that will keep them suppressed all their lives.

You guys are over thinking it. Unemployment rate is the percentage of people in the labor force that is actively seeking work but currently unemployed. Cyberken's numbers refer to the children, elderly, incarcerated, retired, etc. who don't work. On a side note, I have been hearing a lot of people saying Obamacare has done this or that. Correct me if I am wrong, but Obamacare still hasn't taken effect yet has it?

• Like 1

ObamaCare is killing jobs.

Solve the problem.

First learn what this job report is all about before you start making propaganda statements.

You only posted this because you wanna bash obamacare.

There is a shortage of new jobs because companies are still cautious in hiring because export/import numbers aren't up to par yet. Consumption all together isn't up to par yet. So it would be immensly stupid for a company to start hiring ppl who would not have anything to do and would in return ruin the company.

Edited by Render

You guys are over thinking it. Unemployment rate is the percentage of people in the labor force that is actively seeking work but currently unemployed. Cyberken's numbers refer to the children, elderly, incarcerated, retired, etc. who don't work. On a side note, I have been hearing a lot of people saying Obamacare has done this or that. Correct me if I am wrong, but Obamacare still hasn't taken effect yet has it?

Corporations have been changing their hiring all year long because of impending ObamaCare Doom.

Haven't you noticed? The USA is becoming a nation of part time workers.

You can change all the rules, regulations and laws that you want to. The Fortune 500 will simply adapt and run out the clock

on Obama and ObamaCare.

First learn what this job report is all about before you start making propaganda statements.

You only posted this because you wanna bash obamacare.

There is a shortage of new jobs because companies are still cautious in hiring because export/import numbers aren't up to par yet. Consumption all together isn't up to par yet. So it would be immensly stupid for a company to start hiring ppl who would not have anything to do and would in return ruin the company.

People who don't make anything can't buy anything.

The American people are feeling the squeeze of ObamaCare and new taxes. Don't you love saying those 2 words?

They have less disposable income.

With the U.S. Economy going sideways ------------ Why grow?

The private sector has a bunker mentality.

Some Americans think ObamaCare has already been repealed.

Congress just got rid of a few pieces of it.

7.3% ain't bad given the monetary policy we're living under. It's gonna get a lot worse, pilgrims.

7.3%......it went down only because Americans gave up and dropped out of the work force.

America has become a nation of part time workers.