Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explainations on this please.....

MostlyGhostly

I captured thi on camera during a second contrail bombardment.

user posted image

I could just about see this streak with the naked eye, which is how I managed to take the photo of it. Within 5 minutes it was gone.

It was a blue sky in that area, which discards the theory of a plane splitting through a cloud.

I've shown the photo to a hardened sceptic (my dad) and he can't explain it. Can you?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MostlyGhostly

• reese2

• Kira

• j6p

biggrin.gif I'm going to fly in face of everything and still say that they are just vapour trails from planes, on this occasion<nothing sinister there> smile.gif

And I to be honest what I read on the website (again nice find j6p) just seems to be people trying to hard to prove that their theory is right... Weather changes quickly and people all in the same street /town /Village get the same illness, in small communities where people know others then it's bound to spread.

wink.gif

Edited by Celticwitch_00

Yep, I think if you spill water on the floor its just spilled water on the floor and not some deep mystery. Most Ghostly, there are far more real mysteries to be investigated in this universe. IMO, you're wasting your time with this one. But with that I'll also offer the following: "The energy produced by the atom is a very poor kind of thing. Anyone who expects a source of power from the tranformation of these atoms is talking moonshine"

Ernest Rutherford 1933

I'm not talking about contrails in relation to this photograph.

This is something different. It's a dark streak that I could *just* see with the naked eye, and so took a photo to prove to myself that I wasn't going mad.

And this was the result.

It was a clear day which elimiates the "plane splitting a cloud" theory and within 5 minutes it had gone.

Again, this ISN'T a contrail. I just said that because I caught it whilst some were being spewed.

Wow! That is a stunning picture Mr X, I'v printed it off and when I get back I'm going to paint it smile.gif

is the dark streak the thick, dark version of the sky which points towards the house

it's the dark vertical streak that's in the middle of the picture.

As I said, it was a clear sky (the only cloud was at the very top as the photo shows), so electricity reflecting off of clouds couldn't really work as an explaination.

Guest PinballWizard

It may have been a cloudless sky, but it still doesn't account for pollutants and other particle matter in the atmosphere which could have been disturbed by the passing of a plane. The dispersion of the lighting seems to be just about right to give you the desired effect. In fact, you can almost see a thinner, shorter 'trail' just to the left of the streak you mention. Nothing really that unusual.

cool.gif

It doesn't really look like anything but atmospherical change to me. The problem with taking pictures, and the problem with believing the pictures, as I am sure others' will agree, MM, that you have to take into account who took the pictures, and with what the pictures are taken. I am sure on many different websites if this was posted, they would be screaming at least 5 causes, all of which are 'unexplained phenomenom'. Does the sky always look that electric blue where you live? Unless my eyes are fooling me, the sky seems really blue, almost too blue??? Did you doctor the color to enhance the lines?

Reese wub.gif

Digital Cameras can pick up anoamlies that are not apparent to the naked eye. This does just look like disturbances in the atmosphere, what with the darkening sky and the plane had just past I'd say it was a natural occurance although I agree with reece2

I am sure on many different websites if this was posted, they would be screaming at least 5 causes, all of which are 'unexplained phenomenom'.

biggrin.gif

reese, PLEASE read my past posts! It will explain the colour scheme.

And I agree that it's probably just a currently unknown natural phenomena. I just hadn't seen it before smile.gif

Ok, unless I am out of it, I have read your first post, and it doesn't say anything about the colors in there.. Am I missing it??

Reese

I apologise. I've read through what I posted through, and I must have posted the explaination on a different forum.

Although I could see it *just* with the naked eye, I had to enhance the photo to bring it out on the photograph.

If you like I could post the untouched photo for you.

Sure, post it, it would be better to see exactly what you were seeing...

That is ok, thought I was having a major mind fart.......................... rolleyes.gif

Reese

Can I just say that the photograph might well show a 'crepuscular ray'. Rays of this

kind are cast over the sky by an object between the sun and the sky, for example a

cloud. You tend to see them more at dawn/dusk.

In this picture, the objcect causing the shadow may be close to the horizon, and

therefore out of shot. It's a maybe.

You should invest on a meteorological book, Mostly, and see if you can eliminate all

the scientific phenomenon first. I'm not saying that this picture shows that, but at

least it's a possibility.

wink.gif