Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Obama Strikes should he be impeached?

and-then

The irony is so thick it could be cut with a knife. The anti war president, Nobel Peace Prize winner and he's practically alone in wanting to strike an evil dictator who is destroying his own people. This storyline couldn't get more confusing. So what say you all? Should the president be charged with "high crimes and/or misdemeanors if he goes against everyone's collective will? Additionally, are we about to see something unprecedented in American history - the military possibly balking at a legal order from the CiC? There are rumors out there to this effect.

• Like 1

The irony is so thick it could be cut with a knife. The anti war president, Nobel Peace Prize winner and he's practically alone in wanting to strike an evil dictator who is destroying his own people. This storyline couldn't get more confusing. So what say you all? Should the president be charged with "high crimes and/or misdemeanors if he goes against everyone's collective will? Additionally, are we about to see something unprecedented in American history - the military possibly balking at a legal order from the CiC? There are rumors out there to this effect.

I don't think he should be Impeached,but he has made a big mess of this.If this is indeed true about the Military then it would indeed be unprecedented not just in American but modern world history.Personally I have no sympathy for him and his credibility is in tatters,even the People of America are against him on this.

He has backed himself into a corner and is now scrabbling for a way out.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 3

Yea he will get defeated in the Congress and use that as an excuse. Impeachment seems unlikely with the Democrats in control of the House -- these things are more partisan than American like to think.

It will be too bad, 'cause although Assad will probably be more careful in future, other countries will see that the American people have lost their backbone and can be pushed around with threats.

• Like 1

Yea he will get defeated in the Congress and use that as an excuse. Impeachment seems unlikely with the Democrats in control of the House -- these things are more partisan than American like to think.

It will be too bad, 'cause although Assad will probably be more careful in future, other countries will see that the American people have lost their backbone and can be pushed around with threats.

]

threats? How has Assad threatened America? How could he possibly do so? The only ones currently in Syria who could threaten Amercia, and this is the real irony, are some of the Rebels, the ones who are backed by some very unpleasant elements indeed.

• Like 8

He can go against the public (and he admitted he does so in his remarks at G20) but he can't legally go against Congress.

question: If we're going to impeach him over this, why didn't we impeach him over Libya?

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 4

IMO, he should have already been impeached for crimes already committed. Doing away with Habeas is but one of his assaults on the US Constitution. Attacking the Fourth Amendment by way of his NSA is another.

The same case that is being made against him now in Syria, was also made, appropriately, in Libya.

• Like 2

More than likely, history will mark Obama's humiliation as the moment at which the American people FOUND their backbone and DECLINED to be pushed around with threats, lies, false flags, fraud, terrorism, oppression, and, hopefully, petrodollar slavery.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 9

Absolutely.

I made that clear in a couple of posts yesterday. But not just "impeached". You do realize that "impeachment" is just the act of charging him. It is not necessarily the removal from office. Bill Clinton was "impeached" but remained in office.

No, if he strikes without the approval of Congress AND the UN Security Council, he is a war criminal and a traitor to the will of the USA people. He should be immediately arrested and removed from power along with his co-conspirators. Biden, Pelosi, and anyone else that votes or expresses favor for this insane action.

Gotta take out all the heads of the hydra. Removing him alone will just put "crazy uncle Joe" in charge. He needs to go too. Perhaps Boehner as well. "Boner" has been a little more clever and hasn't really said where his intentions lie. If he is pro assault, he needs to be arrested and charged as well. Especially since he is the Speaker of the House of Representatives where the will of the people is supposed to be represented.

Edited by Terian
  • Like 3

More than likely, history will mark Obama's humiliation as the moment at which the American people FOUND their backbone and DECLINED to be pushed around with threats, lies, false flags, fraud, terrorism, oppression, and, hopefully, petrodollar slavery.

:clap: :clap:

I am very proud, of my fellow Americans, and military for standing up to the fat cats in Washington. People are seeing through their lies. What's really amazing is the calls and emails that are flooding into Washington, telling their elected representatives that they don't want a war in Syria. I think Americans are tired of war. Our returning military from the Middle East have the highest rates of suicide, our guys are coming home with limbs blown off, or in body bags....We're just tired of war. It needs to stop. No more wars to finance the military industrial complex.

• Like 5

He can go against the public (and he admitted he does so in his remarks at G20) but he can't legally go against Congress.

question: If we're going to impeach him over this, why didn't we impeach him over Libya?

Wasn't Libya an approved NATO use of force? Not that I agreed with it, but this time around, he's not going to get Congressional approval and I sincerely doubt the UN or NATO is going to approve it. If he strikes, then yeah, I think he needs booted.

I just hope our "bought and paid for" Congressmen do their jobs and send him a thundering "no". Then they need to spank his behind and make him stand in the corner for awhile to consider spouting off at the mouth with his "red line" crapola. This "embarrassment" and loss of credibility that everyone seems so concerned with was the fault of his big mouth. I personally do not care what everyone else in the world thinks, if they want to go fight...they can jump right in the ring. It is not our place.

• Like 3

now if we could get him an intern to blow him in WH, than he'd be out more than likely.

Which interns do you suppose he likes better--boys or girls?

I read somewhere last year about connections to Low Down club, or Down Low club, can't remember which. :innocent:

• Like 1

So he's not only an Islamic Marxist, he's a closet Gay now, then? heavens, whatever next. :cry:

• Like 2

Which interns do you suppose he likes better--boys or girls?

I read somewhere last year about connections to Low Down club, or Down Low club, can't remember which. :innocent:

Down Low Club, is what it's called, I believe.

Wasn't Libya an approved NATO use of force? Not that I agreed with it, but this time around, he's not going to get Congressional approval and I sincerely doubt the UN or NATO is going to approve it. If he strikes, then yeah, I think he needs booted.

I just hope our "bought and paid for" Congressmen do their jobs and send him a thundering "no". Then they need to spank his behind and make him stand in the corner for awhile to consider spouting off at the mouth with his "red line" crapola. This "embarrassment" and loss of credibility that everyone seems so concerned with was the fault of his big mouth. I personally do not care what everyone else in the world thinks, if they want to go fight...they can jump right in the ring. It is not our place.

No kidding. He needs to learn to keep his dang mouth shut.

I really don't care what other people in other countries say about us getting involved, either. It's not their guys who would be getting killed if we go to Syria. If they feel so strongly about it, they can go fight....

• Like 1

Impeached on what charge? As commander in chief he has the power to order the military into action at his discretion.I hope he doesn't but he would be breaking no law

• Like 1

Impeached on what charge? As commander in chief he has the power to order the military into action at his discretion.I hope he doesn't but he would be breaking no law

The "war powers act" that everyone thinks gives him the power to throw our soldiers into a meat grinder on a whim has limitations. Mainly...it has to be an imminent and immediate threat to our country. The Syrian civil war is an enclosed fight, it is not a threat to our borders. He might wish he had the authority, but in his deepest soul, he knows he does not. Why do you think he put it before Congress to begin with? He knew he was treading on thin ice and hoped that Congress and the people would give him the green light...but we are not going to.

In Libya, it was an approved NATO alliance that we joined. The fight had already started.

This would be unapproved and would be criminal in nature.

• Like 2

The "war powers act" that everyone thinks gives him the power to throw our soldiers into a meat grinder on a whim has limitations. Mainly...it has to be an imminent and immediate threat to our country. The Syrian civil war is an enclosed fight, it is not a threat to our borders. He might wish he had the authority, but in his deepest soul, he knows he does not. Why do you think he put it before Congress to begin with? He knew he was treading on thin ice and hoped that Congress and the people would give him the green light...but we are not going to.

In Libya, it was an approved NATO alliance that we joined. The fight had already started.

This would be unapproved and would be criminal in nature.

The president can commit troops at his discretion without congressional approval for 48 hours
  • Like 1

The president can commit troops at his discretion without congressional approval for 48 hours

I'll give you the courtesy of a question.gif because that is not how I understood the war powers act. It might be that way, I do not know for sure. I find firing tomahawk missiles and drone strikes to be "acts of war"

So...unless a nation is defending itself... according to international law.... firing on another sovereign nation is an act of violence and aggression and is a war crime.

But hey...I just want our country to keep it in it's pants this time. I do not care if Assad is eating people...no military strikes or intervention! Humanitarian aid....fine...I can live with helping the refugees and the nice countries that took them in...but no more than that.

• Like 1

I'll give you the courtesy of a question.gif because that is not how I understood the war powers act. It might be that way, I do not know for sure. I find firing tomahawk missiles and drone strikes to be "acts of war"

So...unless a nation is defending itself... according to international law.... firing on another sovereign nation is an act of violence and aggression and is a war crime.

But hey...I just want our country to keep it in it's pants this time. I do not care if Assad is eating people...no military strikes or intervention! Humanitarian aid....fine...I can live with helping the refugees and the nice countries that took them in...but no more than that.

I agree with the sentiment, I don't want to engage in this war either, but I can site many precedents for US presidents committing troops with no authority but their own, see Teddy Roosevelt for one
  • Like 1

So he's not only an Islamic Marxist, he's a closet Gay now, then? heavens, whatever next. :cry:

And a foreigner!

• Like 2

Dam straight !! :clap::tsu:

Its a rare moment in history when most of the American people are actually untied and not making a decision based on party lines. :gun:

• Like 2

And a foreigner!

While we are busy Obama bashing

Can I just add that he is also very dumb :innocent:

• Like 3

While we are busy Obama bashing

Can I just add that he is also very dumb :innocent:

None of which is an impeachable offence, except for the foreigner thing if you have any proof of that
  • Like 1

None of which is an impeachable offence, except for the foreigner thing if you have any proof of that

My view on the whole impeachment thing is that if the Senate House and the American people vote no and he does it anyways.

Then I think he should be impeached.

As the laws are now I think he "technically" is legally allowed to do it. But im not a pro on those laws. I still think anyone who so blatantly abuses his powers and goes against the American people should be impeached.

This is all in the scenario that he does anyways. I don't think he is that crazy

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2