Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Obama Strikes should he be impeached?

and-then

Politics is why. Maybe you should stop caring about how you're seen.

I don't care how i'm seen, I just don't like double standards.

what's sauce for the goose should always be sauce for the gander too.

The Parliament already voted no, so talking "stone age" tough must be easy now when it's all about what you "would" do and what someone else other than you will do.

i'm a private citizen Yam, not aprime minister, so there was never any question of me sending in the troops, i'm merely stating my opinionbut who's this 'someone else' you're referring to?

you? America?

But still, where's this important block of citizens at that you're so worried about keeping up appearances with?

they're on your side of the Atlantic.

good luck with your ''oldest ally'' the French.....

Assad isn't doing anything with "impunity" as anyone who's paid any attention to Syria in the past few years well knows.

Impunity-

'without recourse to, or exemption from, punishment'

assad gassed 1500 civilians.

he's still alive/free/able to do it again-

he hasn't been punished for his actions.

therefore he's acting with impunity.

Well whatever, they can all just do what they want then. They already do and it's pretty clear that I can't stop them.

I agree,I can't either any more than I could hold the Bush administration accountable for lying about wmd's and getting us entangled in Iraq.I am not saying it would be right to attack Syria but I don't think it would be illegal.
  • Like 1

I agree,I can't either any more than I could hold the Bush administration accountable for lying about wmd's and getting us entangled in Iraq.I am not saying it would be right to attack Syria but I don't think it would be illegal.

As long as it is a preemptive strike the prezz can do whatever he wants without Congress. It is just a question of what you call it.

• Like 2

As long as it is a preemptive strike the prezz can do whatever he wants without Congress. It is just a question of what you call it.

Agreed.Politicians do like their spin.Kind of like in Egypt where we didn't have to cut off aid after the coup as long as we didn't call it a coup
  • Like 4

Obama does not wnt to atack or cut off his brothern, the muslim brotherhood.

Give me a break
  • Like 2

Daniel, of all the inanities you have said in the past: This one beats them all. But keep it up, it is entertaining.

• Like 1

no Col. I didn't see your link, it's mushroom season so i've been kinda busy, but if you could put it up again so I could read it....?

you've a better idea of where it is than I do.....

it's mentioned in a sidebar on this story --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24004836

• A report citing Turkish, Arab and Western intelligence agencies put Syria's stockpile at approximately 1,000 tonnes of chemical weapons, stored in 50 towns and cities

That'll need one heck of a lot of Surgical precision.

• Like 3

Impunity-

Yeah the magic missiles can "punish Assad" but not the rebels. You're drinking the political kool aid bud. Put down that cup.

• Like 3

Even if we magically hit Syria's stockpile with our missiles, we've got to use the right political rhetoric that glues the stockpiles right to Assad's face. We're "punishing Assad". I really have to wonder about people who just hear the political craptalk in their media and then obediently parrot it along for everyone else. Don't think for oneself, just share the punch that was poured for ya.

• Like 2

Impunity-

Just curious.... how did you come to the conclusion the Assad regime gassed its own citizens?

Where is the proof? From Allysa Milano?

Lol

• Like 6

and now you do what they told ya

and now you're under control...

and now he does what they told him

and now he's under control.

shrooma believes there should be a mandatory (so long as you opt-in) global organ donation program where they cut out our organs after we die and use them for whatever they want so long as the checkbox is checked. I'm assured that it will police and administer itself and will cost nothing more than hospital procedures. "If we'll do that with organs, why not money and property?", I asked him. "That too", he said.

His profile signature should be:

Live: Live, and just watch as government taxes everything you do.

Sin: Sin....and oops, that sin was in the paperwork, now you're really in a cage!

Die: Die, and surrender every dime you have including your innards to the government. They know what's best.

US foreign policy in a nutshell:

Those who died

are justified

by wearing the badge

of the chosen whites

~De La Rocha

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 3

Just curious.... how did you come to the conclusion the Assad regime gassed its own citizens?

Where is the proof? From Allysa Milano?

Lol

Funnily enough every one as been saying that Assad was responsible,but not one shred of evidence has been presented.Obama says he did it, and it must be true right ?(huge slice of sarcasm)

• Like 4

Funnily enough every one as been saying that Assad was responsible,but not one shred of evidence has been presented.Obama says he did it, and it must be true right ?(huge slice of sarcasm)

Personally and truthfully I just want to see it and be allowed to examine it for myself. If there exists proof - show it! What's so difficult? We're talking about War! Yes, dropping bombs on another nation's gov infrastructure is War.... just ask any Navy personal if they're at war if they fire a missile at Syria.

• Like 4

Personally and truthfully I just want to see it and be allowed to examine it for myself. If there exists proof - show it! What's so difficult? We're talking about War! Yes, dropping bombs on another nation's gov infrastructure is War.... just ask any Navy personal if they're at war if they fire a missile at Syria.

Conveniently Obama has covered it in a shroud of Top Secrecy.

• Like 4

assad gassed 1500 civilians

Proof please? :)

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 3

There is a difference between making an unpopular decision and making a decision that the Senate and the House votes down.

If a leader still acts after both bodies voted it down, and the people are so clearly against it. Then to me that does sound like a dictator.

So would deserved to be impeached

Especially when that "decision" is starting a war. Why in the world should our presidents have the power to starts wars that the rest of the nation and legislative bodies vote down. At that point it would no longer sound like I am living in a free country

The Executive exercising it's constitutional role breaks no law. Impeachment requires lawbreaking. The Executive holds the power to commit the military to action for short periods of time, which is what Obama is talking about.

The only reason he consulted Congress at all was to (belatedly) avoid looking like a hypocrite after all the idiotic claims he made about Bush and his "illegal" war.

Harte

• Like 1

No, he wants someone to blame, when he does strike. It matters not to him what congress votes. How many times hve we seen him go arund congress. No, really I would like to know.

No, he wants someone to blame, when he does strike. It matters not to him what congress votes. How many times hve we seen him go arund congress. No, really I would like to know.

When has congress done anything for him to go around? All they seem to do is try to repeal Obamacare again and again

I presume the "evidence" was in the secret briefings issued to Congress they were told to go home and study. Must not have been very compelling. The CIA is the action intelligence arm of the President. Presidents can and do manipulate intelligence to fit their favored policies. Obama will go out with the same line of BS Bush went out with on Iraq whether he bombs them or not. "Bad intelligence". People who just take it on faith and believe everything they're told by their government/media...hard to figure out what's wrong with them after all this unbelievable BS we've been through. It was obvious Bush was FOS in 2002/2003 and it's even more obvious now. How dumb do our illustrious leaders think we are? Obama's underlings are steaming in their seats, "we've got to vote and act NOW before the damned inspection results come in!" PULEEZ how much sheeple dust do they think they sprayed?

• Like 2

The Executive exercising it's constitutional role breaks no law. Impeachment requires lawbreaking. The Executive holds the power to commit the military to action for short periods of time, which is what Obama is talking about.

The only reason he consulted Congress at all was to (belatedly) avoid looking like a hypocrite after all the idiotic claims he made about Bush and his "illegal" war.

Harte

yes, Bush only committed the military to action for a short time, didn't he.....

:innocent:

• Like 2

Conveniently Obama has covered it in a shroud of Top Secrecy.

I heard that Obama has 3 separate speeches for Tuesday Sept. 10, 2013.

The 3rd speech is : Lets Just Forget The Whole Thing - Nevermind

I predict we will hear Speech #3.

Nobody outside of the Washington D.C. beltway wants to bomb Syria.

• Like 1

Harte

It isn't the Executive's constitutional role to declare war. Please don't talk about the Constitution; it's embarrassing.

• Like 1