Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Local legends/creepy locations in your area?

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

There's a few around me.

• Green Hand Bridge - Guy completely mutilated from car crash years ago. Can see his decayed hand walking upon the shore. (Lol at this one.)

• Cry baby bridge - Can hear a baby crying at night from the treeline. I actually have heard the crying, but I figured it was a baby bob cat.

• Abandoned Springs boat landing - Recreational park shut down in 80's. Kid killed himself in late 90's by jumping from the still standing diving board into empty pool. I do not like this place, I get bad feelings every time I visit. Especially in the old shower house. Me and my friend both heard something one night. Moaning, really.

• There's some shut down children's correctional facility from the 70's located deep in the woods, off of highway 521 in my area. I've been twice. Don't have an actual name. **** that place. Once again, bad feelings.

• Gregory Graveyard is a supposed paranormal spot, about 15 minutes from my house. Orbs in pictures, easily lost, shadows among graves, paths vanishing. Only thing I experienced that was strange from my trip was orbs in pictures. Meh.

• 40 Acre Rock. 15 minutes from house. History of supposed witchcraft/goetic activity. Sacrificial grounds. Have heard chanting/drums in distant after me and 2 friends got lost in the dark one night in the area. Feelings of dread at night, I avoid this area unless in the day. Story behind the cave down there, too. Something is said to reside in it, past the areas reachable by man (tight spaces.) It leads to an underground pond. We've tried for years to get to it. Have seen eyes in that area. Brushed them off as raccoon, etc.

• Like 1

Here in Wisconsin we have Mini-Kong, a small Bigfoot like creature, the Bat Beast, a flying man bat like the Mothman and the king of all, the Beast of Bray Road, a very large wolf like thing that walks on 2 legs. There really is more in Wisconsin than the Packers and cheese.

• Like 2

Wasent there already a post like this up?

Growing up there was always talk about cougars in the wild. School banter.

There's also a shipwreck not far from my area which certain people for some reason claim is haunted. I think these people will label any shipwreck, abandoned building or creepy looking place as haunted. Nowadays the 'shipwreck' has pretty much collapsed into the ocean, only the engine was above water the last time I saw it.

When I was young we would occasionally go out there for some snorkeling. It's a shame the ship has disintegrated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkimos_(ship)

From the 60s:

Alkimos_wreck.jpg

2012:

Alkimos_Wreck_%28Love_Perth%29.jpg

• Like 1

Wasent there already a post like this up?

If there is, some moderator will find it, move this, etc.

Until then, eh.

My mother in law lives about 15 minutes from me..scary...Also in NJ not far from me there is a mine..supposedly some guy and his son were looking around there and the guy fel in and disappeared.. if you go there at night you can his screams

Edited by Labobio

Well, now I'm jealous. The local legends near my location are only as exciting as: a lake monster called Sicapogo, bigfoot, mysterious crying that doesn't have a name, and a bunch of half forgotten Native American stories.

• Like 1

Well, now I'm jealous. The local legends near my location are only as exciting as: a lake monster called Sicapogo, bigfoot, mysterious crying that doesn't have a name, and a bunch of half forgotten Native American stories.

Sounds good enough to me.

Around me we have the ruins of the old St. Mary's Women college, aka "Hell House."

"Many say the place is haunted. Others talk of satanic altars or drug labs hidden within the cavernous old building, and people sacrificing goats, even being attacked by a crazy old caretaker with a shotgun and his vicious killer rottweiler dogs."

http://www.ellicottcity.net/tourism/hell_house/

front2.jpg

IMG_4369_JPG.jpg

n605565660_3073563_6551091.jpg

If there is, some moderator will find it, move this, etc.

Until then, eh.

I could be wrong though :tu:

I'm from a relatively small city in Belgium (33k residents). The only thing I know of is an abandoned stormdrain which leads to a very deep void, a friend of mine dropped a brick in it, we didn't hear anything hit the ground. It's been sealed off since 15 years or so. And there's - how else can it be? - a tiny abandoned shack in our local forest, which was purportedly inhabitated by a lonesome woman. When you enter the building, you get overcome by depression.

I live near famous "Clinton Road" (do a search).It's more hype than spook,and less so since it was paved,and now houses have gone up breaking up the atmosphere it had.