Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lightning Hits Helmet Of Motorcyclist

Still Waters

Michael LaDue, 59, was driving on Interstate 5 through Chehalis in Washington State when he was struck.

He managed to pull over safely and another motorist drove him to a petrol station to call the emergency services.

Witnesses said Mr LaDue's helmet had been melted by the lightning strike, adding his hair had been singed and he suffered burns to his ears.

http://news.sky.com/...orcyclist-in-us

How does he manage to have such nice brown hair with such a white beard? I assume he doesn't dye it as he would then dye his beard too.

Can his survival be attributed to the insulation of the tires preventing grounding or just to good luck that the bolt was not all that strong? The authorities in Vietnam push getting indoors and not riding a motorbike during thunderstorms.

What is a "proper bike?"

lol..There's plenty....an old benelli sei 900, a z1000, any well thought out streetfighter, the new zx10, the old gs1000 was a lovely bike....infact there is loads (I have a soft spot for the old zxr H1's), everyone will have their own view on what makes a good bike....each to their own and all that....I just hate those big cruisers (not a fan of harleys either).

• Like 1