Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin orders massive strike against S. Arabia

Parsec

you said smart move, expand please

Smart move for Russians. I explained it in post 19.

Syria is their partner. If USA and UK will weaken Russia-which is imho idea beside of Iran and that way China- then Russians will weaken BIG time USA.

Big Bad Voodoo

I think bbv was just commenting on the obvious .

Its like Korea. We are just fight Russia using other countries .

In military vocabular its called proxy war.

Call me rather Voodoo.

Big Bad Voodoo

Smart move for Russians. I explained it in post 19.

Syria is their partner. If USA and UK will weaken Russia-which is imho idea beside of Iran and that way China- then Russians will weaken BIG time USA.

Big Bad Voodoo

not just the USA but 99% of the world

not just the USA but 99% of the world

Sure, as Russians said, if you break deal then there is no deal its chaos. Its armagedon. Cameron and Obama might start WW3.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Sure, as Russians said, if you break deal then there is no deal its chaos. Its armagedon. Cameron and Obama might start WW3.

Big Bad Voodoo

Russia said it wouldn't go to war over Syria - but that doesn't mean it wouldn't over something else.

The Middle-East is going to be the major front in World War III - that much I can agree.

russia = always talk .. no action

throughout all history

russia always give up at last moment

iraq - libya - syria " present " and more

they talk and talk and talk .. but when things going down

they pull out instantly..all talk

throughout all history

Thats true. They always turn another cheek, Im affraid that Syria is place where they draw line.

If they back off again then we will have ww3 over USA and UK attack on Iran. Where China and Russia will say enough eventually.

And probably most Europe. And India and Brazil. What then?

Irony is that Putin saved more lives then you can imagine.

Big Bad Voodoo

We've seen what Russia is like when it does unleash the dogs of war - it's not nice (basically, they burnt, raped and pillaged their way across Europe all the way to Berlin in WW2).

• Like 1

We've seen what Russia is like when it does unleash the dogs of war - it's not nice (basically, they burnt, raped and pillaged their way across Europe all the way to Berlin in WW2).

Please this statement is wrong on so many levelS that I wont even try to give counter argument.

Big Bad Voodoo

throughout all history

*taps finger to mouth*

Hmmmm,good point .....but.....this time feels different .

There's a small armada of Chinese and Russian ships in the Mediterranean ....together.

Russia never had chinese support before. We thought china built all those warships during the last tiff with Japan. Seems they might have an entirely different use for them.

Just some thoughts...

I know that the use of chemical weapons is a serious violation no matter where. OK. Fine.

What I don't understand is why Putin doesn't go in and put a stop(or effective mitigation) to the escalating, morphing madness in Syria.

This is his problem, and that of the UN, not unilaterally that of the United States. Putin should be the one asking for our or other's help(if needed) to secure, remove and dispose of those chemical weapons, not the other way around.

Why Putin does not seem to feel this to be a serious matter simply baffles me.

It's called politics.

On the other hand, like Kaa-Tzik wrote, in Syria they have the only military base outisde Russian borders, and so he's very interested in maintain it safe. He doesn't care a bit about Sirian people or chemical weapons, like more or less all politicians involved.

We can hope ,but Saudi land is not like Afghan land.They lost in Afghanistan because of all the underground bunkers and tunnels and caves.The home team had the advantage .

Saudi lands are different i believe .

True, in Saudi land there's real money! And real threat!

I wouldn't be so sure I'd like to have them as enemies, even if I were Russia. We're not in Cold War times anymore, the balance bewteen countries has changed.

From wiki:

Spending on defense and security has increased significantly since the mid-'90s and was about US$25.4 billion in 2005. Saudi Arabia ranks among the top 10 in the world in government spending for its military, representing about 7% of gross domestic product in 2005. Its modern high-technology arsenal makes Saudi Arabia among the world's most densely armed nations, with its military equipment being supplied primarily by the US, France and Britain

Althought they don't have nuclear weapons like Russia, I think they can still hurt if they want

The term for that is 'Proxy Warfare'.

This is an older article; August 27th.

Putin is just angry that the Sauds threatened to use Chechen terrorists to attack the Olympics.

You mean that since it's one week old it's not valid anymore?

Of course he's angry about Olympics, and the excuse he needs/wants for disposing of the problem is called Syria (since it looks like it's also the cause of the threat).

Consider that Putin is like Robet De Niro's character in "Taxi Driver". "You talking to me?"

"Are you threatening me? I wipe you out"

throughout all history

I add, luckily they only talk!

I go with Wearer of Hats about Russia (less the part about raping and pillaging, I don't have enough data at the moment, but unfortunately I don't think that they're much different from others): when it strikes, it hurts.

It would be nice if they'd only talk, but try asking to Afghans or Checens if they just talk.

And we don't talk about WWII.

Yeah Putin is itching for a fight, not Obama. Talk about revisionist history! Talk about double standards! I think some of us have a very selective attention span towards what Putin has been saying about this crisis in aggregate. It's the side-pickers and political apologists and blind deniers of what could "never" happen who are going to serve as the fools who allow a much wider conflict to break out. ****g shame.

• Like 1

If Russia attacked Israel, what would the US do? Derp?!?!

It really sucks eating one's own cooking sometimes doesn't it? This "crisis" should serve as a learning experience for our politicians, not an excuse for more hypocritical excuse-making to go act like a bunch of barbarians who can't think of anything else to do but smash their problems. Pathetic.

• Like 1

I go with Wearer of Hats about Russia (less the part about raping and pillaging, I don't have enough data at the moment, but unfortunately I don't think that they're much different from others): when it strikes, it hurts.

It would be nice if they'd only talk, but try asking to Afghans or Checens if they just talk.

And we don't talk about WWII.

Who didnt do bad things in history? Italians? Brittish?

Big Bad Voodoo

*taps finger to mouth*

Hmmmm,good point .....but.....this time feels different .

There's a small armada of Chinese and Russian ships in the Mediterranean ....together.

Russia never had chinese support before. We thought china built all those warships during the last tiff with Japan. Seems they might have an entirely different use for them.

Good point.

I was wondering what China was doing, since it's been quite silence in the last days.

To tell the truth, I fear more China than Russia.

The latter is guided by an old, arrogant, unscrupolous, machist, Kgb wolf, willing to prove they're still the old Soviet superpower, but with more or less the same machinery they had 20-30 years ago.

It's an old bear: he's still very dangerous with his claws, but they're filed by the time passed.

The first one instead, is a rising superpower: has technology at the state-of-the-art, basically unlimited money to spend in armaments (and in other countries), it managed to have quality and quantity. It doesn't talk much, rather acts.

It's like a young tiger: silent and lethal, you'll notice it only when it'll be munching your skull.

Yes, a conflagration could ensue but Putin has been quite clear that he was speaking of resupply of arms not actively going to war on Syria's behalf.

Well, that's something, at least. Better than open warfare, I suppose.

because they're not only declared war on rebels .. russia declared war on all syrian peoples

Funny, last time I checked in Syrian army were Syrians not Russians.

Big Bad Voodoo

That's it.

Assad... YOU'RE FIRED

Obama... YOU'RE FIRED

Putin... YOU'RE FIRED

China's whomever... YOU'RE FIRED

Pick-up your last paycheck and GO AWAY.

There, I feel better now.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

That's it.

Assad... YOU'RE FIRED.

Obama... YOU'RE FIRED

Putin... YOU'RE FIRED

China's whomever... YOU'RE FIRED

Pick-up your last paycheck and GO AWAY.

There, I feel better now.

:tsu:

• Like 1

Who didnt do bad things in history? Italians? Brittish?

Big Bad Voodoo

I can't catch the tone of your post: are you ironic or serious?

All countries did the worst things possible during (not only) wartime, none excluded.

British have been terrible (just ask any of their former colonies), and Italians too.

The sentence "italiani brava gente" ("Italians good people") is a myth: we had our part of rapes and murders, expecially during our "colonialist period" in Libya, Somalia, Eritrea and Ethiopia.

Yeah Putin is itching for a fight, not Obama. Talk about revisionist history! Talk about double standards! I think some of us have a very selective attention span towards what Putin has been saying about this crisis in aggregate. It's the side-pickers and political apologists and blind deniers of what could "never" happen who are going to serve as the fools who allow a much wider conflict to break out. ****g shame.

Since Putin is not believable, especially if he erects himself as defender of peace, it's normal that people mocks him.

Are you implying that Putin doesn't want a war because "it's wrong"?

If I understood right your post, then to me the one with double standards is you.

It's obvious that Obama wants to bomb Syria (leave apart the real reasons), but it's also true that Putin wants his part of action too (and he wants it sooo badly)!

• Like 1

well they certinally ally them self with " rapists and piilaging and all other crimes against humanity "

done by dictators .. magically we find russia backing those dictators always

i wonder if it's moral issue or political issue .. or just stupid policy

regardless of which .. in syria russia is on losing side

because they're not only declared war on rebels .. russia declared war on all syrian peoples

To be fair, not all the dictators: many have been backed up by US, not Russia.

We're semantic here, but Russia is backing the Syrian Government, so, for extention, is backing Syrian people, I didn't read anywhere that they declared war on rebels.

Anyway, I hope everything will be fine in Syria as soon as possible, with as little as possibile of victims. And that the country will be able to be guided by a moderate, non-islamic party (that's more for my concern, I admit)

It was ironic. Everyone have their dark moments.

Big Bad Voodoo

Agreed!

• Like 1