Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted house?

Ayvah

My parents bought a house 6-7 years ago. Nice house, very contemporary. The main floor has a living room, sitting room, 2 bath, a kitchen, sitting room and 2 bedrooms. The top floor has a bath and the master bedroom. Kind of like a loft. It has a very open concept. Anyways, my youngest son and I lived with them for a year or two in this house when they first purchased it. We had the two main floor rooms; my son's room being the farthest down the hall. Side note-my son was holding conversations at 1yr old. When my son was very small, 1-2, he started having a hard time being in his room. At first it was just waking up in the middle of the night scared or not wanting to play in there. Then he started to fear being in there even if we were with him. On one occasion he told me there was a man outside his window. Another time he told me there was someone watching him in his room. He said he was all black. He was so terrified that he would have these panic attacks whenever he went down the hall. He and I moved out shortly after and he hasn't talked about him since. My mom says she always feels like she being watched in the house and that she always see shadows. A couple years ago, my sister found out that a young man (19-20) committed suicide in the back bedroom. MY SONS bedroom. The father of this boy actually works with my sister. That's how she found out. Anyways, tonight my mom and sister were visiting at the house. They were sitting at the island in the kitchen. My mom's cell was on the table. (Positioned a good 5 feet from the island) my sisters phone went off and it was from my moms phone. No one was near the phone and my sisters number wasn't even the last number dialled. Okay, tell me your thoughts....

I'd say haunted .The poor kid is stuck there .

doesn't sound ominous at all .

I would maybe try to help him on his way

My parents bought a house 6-7 years ago. Nice house, very contemporary. The main floor has a living room, sitting room, 2 bath, a kitchen, sitting room and 2 bedrooms. The top floor has a bath and the master bedroom. Kind of like a loft. It has a very open concept. Anyways, my youngest son and I lived with them for a year or two in this house when they first purchased it. We had the two main floor rooms; my son's room being the farthest down the hall. Side note-my son was holding conversations at 1yr old. When my son was very small, 1-2, he started having a hard time being in his room. At first it was just waking up in the middle of the night scared or not wanting to play in there. Then he started to fear being in there even if we were with him. On one occasion he told me there was a man outside his window. Another time he told me there was someone watching him in his room. He said he was all black. He was so terrified that he would have these panic attacks whenever he went down the hall. He and I moved out shortly after and he hasn't talked about him since. My mom says she always feels like she being watched in the house and that she always see shadows. A couple years ago, my sister found out that a young man (19-20) committed suicide in the back bedroom. MY SONS bedroom. The father of this boy actually works with my sister. That's how she found out. Anyways, tonight my mom and sister were visiting at the house. They were sitting at the island in the kitchen. My mom's cell was on the table. (Positioned a good 5 feet from the island) my sisters phone went off and it was from my moms phone. No one was near the phone and my sisters number wasn't even the last number dialled. Okay, tell me your thoughts....

Warning This Is a Skeptic Comment, Please Ignore if you just want Positive reinforcement.

It is an interesting story, I will tell you a few things I learned from my childhood and my kids.

1. Children have a hard time going to sleep on their own, especially in an alien room. My daughter had slept in our bed every night until she was 3 years of age. The issue she had was that her room was the furtherest in the house. She would tell me that there was a monster in her room or a man etc. A few times I had set up a hidden video camera (records eight hours) and had set it in her room facing the entire room and a night light. She woke up 7 times, I caught her playing with her dolls, Looking under the bed, Singing to her self and finally opening the door and walking down the hall way to our room. No paranormal activity. My suggestion is to do the same. Kids have a very active imagination and very love to listen to adults conversation and my wife is a deep believer in the paranormal and would talk to her sister over the phone. To resolve the problem, Wife no longer talks to sister about paranormal over the phone.

-Summary: Video record and put a night light.

2. Have your child speak to a counciler or a doctor, Sometimes one problem is really another problem underneigh. Children feed on stress and even though they do not fully understand it, they act or behave weird because of it. When I use to work weird hours as a salesman my wife and I were have our quiet "arguments" (we would text each other even though we are in the same room so kids wouldn't know) but they picked up that my wife was frusted me coming home late and can not look after the kids on certain days.

3. How clean is your house? No offense but maybe his panic attacks count be dust related or he is allergic to something in the air that causes panic attacks. i know if i eat any thing that has MSG in it, it would make my heart race and can cause panic attacks.

Warning This Is a Skeptic Comment, Please Ignore if you just want Positive reinforcement.

It is an interesting story, I will tell you a few things I learned from my childhood and my kids.

1. Children have a hard time going to sleep on their own, especially in an alien room. My daughter had slept in our bed every night until she was 3 years of age. The issue she had was that her room was the furtherest in the house. She would tell me that there was a monster in her room or a man etc. A few times I had set up a hidden video camera (records eight hours) and had set it in her room facing the entire room and a night light. She woke up 7 times, I caught her playing with her dolls, Looking under the bed, Singing to her self and finally opening the door and walking down the hall way to our room. No paranormal activity. My suggestion is to do the same. Kids have a very active imagination and very love to listen to adults conversation and my wife is a deep believer in the paranormal and would talk to her sister over the phone. To resolve the problem, Wife no longer talks to sister about paranormal over the phone.

-Summary: Video record and put a night light.

2. Have your child speak to a counciler or a doctor, Sometimes one problem is really another problem underneigh. Children feed on stress and even though they do not fully understand it, they act or behave weird because of it. When I use to work weird hours as a salesman my wife and I were have our quiet "arguments" (we would text each other even though we are in the same room so kids wouldn't know) but they picked up that my wife was frusted me coming home late and can not look after the kids on certain days.

3. How clean is your house? No offense but maybe his panic attacks count be dust related or he is allergic to something in the air that causes panic attacks. i know if i eat any thing that has MSG in it, it would make my heart race and can cause panic attacks.

I agree with Brian's advice. The steps he's listed are a very good way to investigate and possibly solve the disruptions in your home. I would also add to maintain a regular routine for bedtime. Kids do very well with predictable, stable routines. Read a happy bedtime story and keep bedtime quiet and stress free.

Brian- your advice is very solid and beneficial. I wholeheartedly agree that environmental, physical, and emotional stressors must be investigated and eliminated first. Thank you for providing words of wisdom.

• Like 1

Oh, and Ayvah, another thing to look at are electrical disturbances. For instance, if the light fixture in the room is faulty or perhaps the wall plugs or even the switch itself. We lived in a house where the electric was not grounded properly. There was one room in particular we all felt uncomfortable in. We would see shadows, feel watched, and generally feel ill in that bedroom. We re-wired a few areas in the house and had the grounding set properly. It didn't dawn on us immediately, but after a few months we realized we were no longer having problems in that room. Electricity can and does cause physical effects on people.

Good luck. I hope your disturbances stop and you can find peace in your home.

• Like 1