Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot sighting investigated in Nebraska

UM-Bot

Authorities have been looking in to the sighting of an alleged Bigfoot on a road near Linwood.

In what Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz admits is his first Bigfoot case, a 15-year-old was said to have encountered a 7ft humanoid covered in hair when it dashed out in front of the vehicle he was driving at around 5:30am one morning in July.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/254310/bigfoot-sighting-investigated-in-nebraska

I'm going with a teenage hoax as well. Kids playing pranks on other kids.

So let's add another state to the list of places where old Foot lives - and go ahead and add a breeding population there as well.

Let's also note that Nebraska Bigfeet are probably more the Baby Ruth eating, standing on the side of the road waving types as opposed to the Predator-style holographic camouflage, interdimensional being types.

Gosh, even Meldrum is skeptical of a bigfoot population in Nebraska.

Just passing through, I guess.

The plains seem like the long way home.

I wonder if they hop trains?

this is interesting: "the fact that several samples of hair were recovered from the scene and later sent away for analysis, however the results have yet to be published."

Here's my take: if this young guy went to the police, I'm kinda' thinking he is not pranking. young people don't really think that way mostly.

just an opinion

• Like 1

If there is nothing to it, then we'll not hear about the hair again.

This does smell like a prank.

EDIT:

From OP link:

The sheriff said that even though he thinks it’s highly unlikely that Sasquatch has shown up in Saunders County, his office has an obligation to check out credible reports.

I like this sheriff, he at least is following up on a report and not dismissing out of hand that there was Something that ran across the road.

The report wouldn’t be the first for Nebraska, according to the Montana-based Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, which lists reported Sasquatch sightings on its website.

The group lists 14 reported sightings in the state going back to 1957. The most recent sighting listed was in October 2006 at Chadron State Park in northwest Nebraska, where three hikers reported seeing an “unusually tall” two-legged animal covered from head to toe in black fur.

Edited by DieChecker

I am of the opinion a lot of these events are hoaxes. In this instance, I would assume a prank played on a young driver. But, there may be dire consequences when some prankster is shot by a startled hunter. Alternatively, I also suspect some of these sightings are bears or other animals particularly when the eyes are described as glowing or reflective, an effect that does not occur in primates. Finally, it is entirely possible some of the sightings are indeed primates who have been abandoned or perhaps escaped and are simply surviving as best they are able.

this is interesting: "the fact that several samples of hair were recovered from the scene and later sent away for analysis, however the results have yet to be published."

Here's my take: if this young guy went to the police, I'm kinda' thinking he is not pranking. young people don't really think that way mostly.

just an opinion

You must know different young people than I do. The ones I know are all about fame at all costs - even run ins with law enforcement.

• Like 1

Hair samples sent away to whom in July? It's already September, does it really take that long?

Depends on where you send it. A lot of DNA labs have massive backlogs going at the moment.

• Like 1

I would also think we wouldn't hear about it unless it came back as a new species, if its just bear fur then its not really newsworthy outside of local interest

Gosh, even Meldrum is skeptical of a bigfoot population in Nebraska.

Just passing through, I guess.

The plains seem like the long way home.

I wonder if they hop trains?

Keep in mind Meldrum was duped by Slick Rick Dyer back in 2008. So, yeah, he's probably a bit gun-shy now about tossing out his opinions without deeper investigation first.

Keep in mind Meldrum was duped by Slick Rick Dyer back in 2008. So, yeah, he's probably a bit gun-shy now about tossing out his opinions without deeper investigation first.

It is interesting that he did mention..."He was was skeptical that Nebraska, given the lack of expansive wilderness, could support an undiscovered primate"

This makes me curious as to his thoughts (or willingness to admit to avoid alienating the bf community) on how expansive he currently believes an area needs to be to support (even conceal so unbelievably, incomprehensively well) this particular, huge, undiscovered primate.

It was he who was part of the scientific "thinktank" on sasquatch who believe only a very small percentage of reports are even true.

I've seen him investigate in the Canadian wilderness twice. I wonder what his map of possible sasquatch habitat would look like, be limited to?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Could be he isn't familiar with the topography of Nebraska. That or he has his own ideas where you'll find a Bigfoot......and it wasn't in Nebraska.

Just saying.....

... he has his own ideas where you'll find a Bigfoot......and it wasn't in Nebraska.

Just saying.....

Exactly, I'd like to see that map of his...

Keep in mind that Meldrum may have a case of "I can't see the forest for all those damned trees in the way" thing going on as well. Hey, it happens to the best of us, myself included.

Of course, after he got stabbed in the **** with that raw carrot by Dyer, me thinks he's not in so great a hurry to slap his seal of approval/endorsement on any sighting.

Keep in mind that Meldrum may have a case of "I can't see the forest for all those damned trees in the way" thing going on as well. Hey, it happens to the best of us, myself included.

Of course, after he got stabbed in the **** with that raw carrot by Dyer, me thinks he's not in so great a hurry to slap his seal of approval/endorsement on any sighting.

Sure, but I still want to know his current thoughts on possible NA bigfoot habitat...and why...without any kowtowing to the bf community...

Edited by QuiteContrary

You may have to buy his memories after he retires or dies.

These Bigfooter meetings sound hardcore

Yeah, they do get pretty ugly from time to time.

Despite the 99.99% likelihood of this being something other than BF I find the idea plausible. IF there really is a BF population they could get pretty far south of the great white north traveling by waterways, forests or farmland at night.

Not many people between that part of NE and real wilderness.

Bigfoot travel patterns are an enigma really. They seem t avoid regular wildlife trails but they are often seen walking beside or across roads at night. They seem to be attracted to the voices of small children and females, yet they shun everyone else. They must hunt yet no one has ever captured a Bigfoot chasing an animal before on film. Why do they appear to be curious about humans but avoid them? People report seeing them in open fields frpm time to time, no one seems to expect to see them in an open field.

They are curious.

• Like 1

pretty interesting but how come they never get pictures or anything like clear ones and of the actual big foot?do i believe in weird creatures yes but its been years now since they haven't got anything solid i believe though.