Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

annofm

This one has intrigued me. I did some Googling and there are a lot of parents talking about this. It seems to be fairly common.

I also did some reading up on how these low grade "night vision' cameras work (parascience has a great article on it) and I'm convinced that what you're seeing is simply dust being illuminated by the IR illuminators on the camera. What's happening is that the illuminators are hitting dust or virtually microscopic insects (we all have them in our homes) that are fairly close to the camera.

I realize that this probably isn't the explanation you want to hear - and most parents on the various other boards I've read in the past day don't want to accept it either - but I'm confident in saying that this is what is happening. If you want to believe that what you're experiencing is a guardian angel, spirit guide, dear old departed grandad, etc. and that gives you comfort, that's fine by me - no judgements here.

It's not at all that I'm unwilling to accept any speculation that this is anything else. It's that the explanations don't make sense to me. I see bugs in front of the camera. I know what those look like. The darker they are, the brighter they show up on the night vision. They are fast and whiz by the lens. This was definitely different than an insect.

And while I agree this does/can look like a dust particle, what doesn't make sense to me is that it didn't show on me when I stepped in front of the camera. I realize that you have to take my word on that. If it were over the wagon, which I assume it was, based on being able to stand in front of the wagon and not see it reflect onto me, then it must have been huge (I'm guessing 3-4 inches across, considering the room is 8 or 9ft wide).

Also, it doesn't explain why it had that movement. Was it suspended? Why did it grow, then vanish into this air? It didn't fall to the floor, it evaporated. If it were moisture on the lens, then why could I move the camera and it didn't stay in the same place?

Honestly, if there were a logical explanation that could encompass all that I saw, I would accept it. To me, this being a guardian angel or spirit makes the most sense based on what I saw and have experienced (cummulative experiences in the house). I could definitely be insane, but who doesn't like a little crazy now and then?

OMG

there's a face that appears in the bottom right hand side of the screen at one point

Could you tell us at what point exactly?

It's not at all that I'm unwilling to accept any speculation that this is anything else. It's that the explanations don't make sense to me. I see bugs in front of the camera. I know what those look like. The darker they are, the brighter they show up on the night vision. They are fast and whiz by the lens. This was definitely different than an insect.

And while I agree this does/can look like a dust particle, what doesn't make sense to me is that it didn't show on me when I stepped in front of the camera. I realize that you have to take my word on that. If it were over the wagon, which I assume it was, based on being able to stand in front of the wagon and not see it reflect onto me, then it must have been huge (I'm guessing 3-4 inches across, considering the room is 8 or 9ft wide).

Also, it doesn't explain why it had that movement. Was it suspended? Why did it grow, then vanish into this air? It didn't fall to the floor, it evaporated. If it were moisture on the lens, then why could I move the camera and it didn't stay in the same place?

Honestly, if there were a logical explanation that could encompass all that I saw, I would accept it. To me, this being a guardian angel or spirit makes the most sense based on what I saw and have experienced (cummulative experiences in the house). I could definitely be insane, but who doesn't like a little crazy now and then?

You just have to keep in mind that you're not dealing with high end video equipment with these cameras. Also remember that the image isn't being burned onto any kind of film, it's simply a fairly inexpensive digital processor trying to make sense out of what it is seeing through a low-end lense in a pitch black environment being illuminated by a low powered IR light.

As I said, no judgements. Believe what you want to believe.

Orbs?

I was always skeptical of orbs, thinking of logical reasons like dust particles or bugs...

I watched what you posted, and it ​legitimately spooked me.

Videos don't spook me that often, and this is one of those rare occurrences.

I thought that gaurdian angels only showed up if your in danger of dying, angels dont just appear for no reason, If thats what this is. But Then I mean it could be argued that every single orb is an angel and I dont think thats true.

My son is ALWAYS in danger of dying, especially during this time of day. He has seizures, stops breathing, and I have to resuscitate him. So, it's not so far fetched that an angel would be watching over him then.

My son is ALWAYS in danger of dying, especially during this time of day. He has seizures, stops breathing, and I have to resuscitate him. So, it's not so far fetched that an angel would be watching over him then.

How old is he? If you dont mind me asking

Hmmm I know how tough it can be I also had a disease that pretty much ran my life. Stay strong though.

Hmmm I know how tough it can be I also had a disease that pretty much ran my life. Stay strong though.

I meant I have a sibling with a disease, my fault

What I don't understand is why an angel would say, "lamp"?

Maybe it wanted me to turn on the light. Who knows? I even said out loud, "I am NOT turning on the light", and I went back to sleep. lol

Maybe it wanted me to turn on the light. Who knows? I even said out loud, "I am NOT turning on the light", and I went back to sleep. lol

Make more sense then if it would have said 'light'. Confusing creatures orbs.

• Like 1