Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 Giant Cryptids from Around the World

Still Waters

Though cryptids like atmospheric beasts and sheepsquatch are fantastical creatures unlike any known animals, some cryptids are merely super-sized versions of existing species. Name an animal or insect and chances are good that someone, somewhere (or several people in numerous locations) claim enormous versions of the creature exist. With that in mind, here are five giant cryptids from around the world. Which do you find the most terrifying?

http://mysteriousuni...ound-the-world/

Oh my!

I wouldn't mind running across any of them...

...from a safe distance, heavily armed and surrounded by an impenetrable cage.

Edited by QuiteContrary

The giant centipede is definitely the most scary ! :o

The giant spider is beautiful and the smiley bat with the 5' wingspan looks cuddly ..... like a bear! :)

I might be willing to be within 1000 yards of a giant spider if I was wearing the Iron Man armor. Thankfully, it's probably the least likely to exist among those listed for reasons discussed numerous times on UM.

I do believe there's a chance that there are anacondas larger than what science has recorded.

My uncle told me a horrific story about a giant centipede that killed a man right in front of him in Guam during WW2.

Its actually the kind in the photo.Those are poisonous , only the one my uncle saw was a lot bigger .

Thats the gross one for me .Id love to meet a giant bat though.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

My uncle told me a horrific story about a giant centipede that killed a man right in front of him in Guam during WW2.

Its actually the kind in the photo.Those are poisonous , only the one my uncle saw was a lot bigger .

Thats the gross one for me .Id love to meet a giant bat though.

Thanks for sharing that story, Simbi ..................... NOT!

;)

• Like 1

Compared to us humans, these are as dangerous to us as my pet rats, even if they were real.

I'll guess I would take a 600 pound black bear in my back garden anytime (opened the door and one was sat on my deck looking at me the other morning.),rather than giant meter long centipedes running every where.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

Okay but what about the bird eating sider from south america? it can grow to 12 inches across.

As for the giant snakes, that is definitely a possibility along with giant crocs and alligators.

Thanks for sharing that story, Simbi ..................... NOT!

;)

Be glad I didnt tell the story .Its seriously gross.

Apparently the man in question was the talker guy with the handset in the bck pack.

He had put the backpack on the ground ...and the thing apparently crawled onto it , which no one noticed.

Then when he put the pack back on ......

• Like 1

The picture of the giant centipede made me go, "Ohhhuuuhhhhoooo", and not in a good way. I've had pacific octopus grab me at the Newport aquarium and it really (totally illogically) put fear into me. I was fine till it actually put it's suckers on me, and then my instinct was to RUN!

• Like 2