Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

moving door knob

tumato

ok guys this happened around in 2007,just got married still was living in my mom’s house( i was 20 at the time) was waiting for my hose to be finished. All this took place in my mom’s house never had a weird incident there till that moment. It all started when my wife told me the doorknob of our bath room started moving on its own, no the door dint open just the doorknob moving dint pay attention to her told her it was all in her mind. A month past and it was around 6 pm i was alone talking on my phone, (al the time this happens the door is completely closed)and the doorknob starts moving i stopped talking and told the person a would call her back .I open the thinking it maybe my little brother playing a prank a check any place he could hide in my bath room but nobody there(by the way my bathroom only has one door no access to it without passing in front of me. individual bathrooms).so i dismiss the account as being my imagine nation. a few weeks pass and it around 7 or 8 pm my wife and I started arguing the bath room door was closed the doorknob started shaking violently this time, we stopped arguing once this happened, i open the door checked the for anybody inside nothing. can’t find a logical explanation I’ve tried. And I’m really a non-believer but till this day can’t figure it out. The door never shaked or nothing weird just the doorknob. Info were i live it Honduras.

Have to ask. Why do people join this forum to post some innocuois event that happened six years ago , and then just vanish ?

Enquirig minds want to know

• Like 1

NO ONE ever posts something that happened last night or last week. Ever. Better that it happened in the past so vagueness about details is acceptable.

• Like 2

Any Earthquake activity?

NO ONE ever posts something that happened last night or last week. Ever. Better that it happened in the past so vagueness about details is acceptable.

Now, that's not fair. Just how often do you think odd things like this happen to a person? Sure, some people claim it happens all the time to them, but for most of us, we're lucky (or, in some folks' view, unlucky) to witness more than one or two truly mysterious things over our entire lives. They're rare and unusual.

But because of how remarkable they are, you remember them vividly even years later. Every now and then, your attention goes back and pokes at the memory like a sore tooth: Did that really happen? If it didn't, why do I remember it so clearly? If it did, what the heck was going on? You turn it around in your mind, looking for some new angle that makes it make sense, and when you can't, you sigh and put it back in the lumber-room of your brain, a bothersome little riddle you might never learn the answer to.

Now, if you're most regulars on this forum, you have an interest in these things and seek out more information on the subject just on general principles. But most people don't really want to deal with weirdness...it makes them uncomfortable. They've absorbed our cultural attitudes of Only Crazy People Believe These Things, and There Are Some Things People Weren't Meant To Know, and If You Look Too Deeply Into The Abyss, The Abyss Might Jump Out And Grab You. Right after the strange event happens, they're usually too freaked out to go looking for information. If, eventually, they do read or watch anything about the paranormal, it's likely to be horror fiction or sensationalized documentaries or Halloween-themed magazine stories that play up the woo-woo-ness of everything. Usually, they don't find anything to explain their own mysterious event...or else they find something that DOES explain it, but makes it sound like some kind of dire demonic infestation that they're lucky to have survived. Still, the strangeness of the event continues to nag them from the back of their mind. Human beings don't like not knowing.

So when they stumble upon a forum full of people who know about all that stuff, of course the first thing they think of doing is dragging out those one or two puzzling events. Whoa, maybe NOW I'll find someone who can tell me what this was! It's worth a shot, right? they think. (Or for some people, it's more like, Wow, I'll bet my story's better than a lot of peoples'! Surely they'll be impressed with THIS one!) They grab for that one old event like a collector dragging out the rare item he got for $.50 at a garage sale and proudly present it for approval and/or discussion.

After that, it depends on the reaction they get. And, forgive me, I know I'm a bit new here, but I've been on a number of other forums, and this one isn't exactly the...gentlest to newcomers with weird stories that I've seen. Of course debate is valuable, but it does tend to scare away the more timid souls.

edit: found a better phrasing.

Edited by Avallaine
  • Like 2

Now, that's not fair. Just how often do you think odd things like this happen to a person? Sure, some people claim it happens all the time to them, but for most of us, we're lucky (or, in some folks' view, unlucky) to witness more than one or two truly mysterious things over our entire lives. They're rare and unusual.

But because of how remarkable they are, you remember them vividly even years later. Every now and then, your attention goes back and pokes at the memory like a sore tooth: Did that really happen? If it didn't, why do I remember it so clearly? If it did, what the heck was going on? You turn it around in your mind, looking for some new angle that makes it make sense, and when you can't, you sigh and put it back in the lumber-room of your brain, a bothersome little riddle you might never learn the answer to.

Now, if you're most regulars on this forum, you have an interest in these things and seek out more information on the subject just on general principles. But most people don't really want to deal with weirdness...it makes them uncomfortable. They've absorbed our cultural attitudes of Only Crazy People Believe These Things, and There Are Some Things People Weren't Meant To Know, and If You Look Too Deeply Into The Abyss, The Abyss Might Jump Out And Grab You. Right after the strange event happens, they're usually too freaked out to go looking for information. If, eventually, they do read or watch anything about the paranormal, it's likely to be horror fiction or sensationalized documentaries or Halloween-themed magazine stories that play up the woo-woo-ness of everything. Usually, they don't find anything to explain their own mysterious event...or else they find something that DOES explain it, but makes it sound like some kind of dire demonic infestation that they're lucky to have survived. Still, the strangeness of the event continues to nag them from the back of their mind. Human beings don't like not knowing.

So when they stumble upon a forum full of people who know about all that stuff, of course the first thing they think of doing is dragging out those one or two puzzling events. Whoa, maybe NOW I'll find someone who can tell me what this was! It's worth a shot, right? they think. (Or for some people, it's more like, Wow, I'll bet my story's better than a lot of peoples'! Surely they'll be impressed with THIS one!) They grab for that one old event like a collector dragging out the rare item he got for $.50 at a garage sale and proudly present it for approval and/or discussion.

After that, it depends on the reaction they get. And, forgive me, I know I'm a bit new here, but I've been on a number of other forums, and this one isn't exactly the...gentlest to newcomers with weird stories that I've seen. Of course debate is valuable, but it does tend to scare away the more timid souls.

no Child of Bast is right and anyway alot of people are starting to complain r get annoyed about this and one there is a post like this, they runaway.

• Like 1

Now, that's not fair. They've absorbed our cultural attitudes of Only Crazy People Believe These Things,

Some of us are really 'crazy' or mentally ill and still skeptics. It has nothing to with 'crazy people'. The complaint was known as hit and run posting. That is posing a question and then never coming back to read the answers, give more details, or reply.

Signed,

A Crazy Person

• 6 years later...

Sorry for disappearing,I also apologize for the broken English. It wasn't mice or anything like that. Till this day still can't make sense of it. This is kind of embarrassing,but a few days/week before the incident. I was thinking I wish the devil was real so I could make a pact. I did not mention this cause I'm actually embarrassed. For many reasons. What other details can I give?I don't know. It will probably remain a mystery. 

On 9/12/2013 at 2:59 AM, Avallaine said:

Well said.

I just posted about an experience that me and an old girlfriend of mine had many years ago involving orbs.

Granted,it’s been a long time since the event happened but I’ve never been on a forum of this nature before :ph34r: