Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin:Forget Syria: Lets Bomb ObamaCare

CyberKen

If the Doctors currently in USA all move to Costa Rica, there will be a demand for new doctors ... the void will be filled by less greedy doctors. The doctors in Costa Rica on the other hand will find that there is an oversupply of Doctors there and the market cannot afford the rates they were getting even under medicare in the USA, they will all coming running back.

But I'm really just playing Devil's Advocate, I really do not believe all your Doctors will move to Costa Rica, or quite frankly most any other part of the world. Medicare is very popular outside of the USA, they will discover this themselves if they do try to take their business elsewhere.

I see you are from Australia. Do you have the Public Option over there?

BTW, Move to Costa Rica = Flee Tyranny

Hey you know what's really great about the ACA, CyberKen? You'll be able to afford to see mental health care professionals on things like, oooh I dunno...say something like anxiety issues or paranoia. :D

Big Picture: ObamaCare will collapse under its own weight. Then the Secular Progressives can move on to their real goal.

Moving the Canadian Public Option down here to the USA.

ObamaCare is just a stepping stone.

It could save your life by just walking into an emergency room.

Where, if you are uninsured, you will be feeding at the trough of other peoples' taxes. Perhaps this doesn't matter to you. Emergency room utilization for preventive, routine and elective care, however, is idiotic public health policy--overpriced, underfunded, inefficient--the proverbial shotgun blast to kill an ant. That's a fact.

• Like 1

Yes, we call it medicare and pay a 4.5% levy in our taxes for it, or something near that. When it first came in, savvy doctors built luxury medical centres all over the place, 24/7 medical appointments available - for some reason they found that the government covering our bill was an opportunity for more business and stepped right on up to grab their share of the increased market, go figure :whistle: .

• Like 1

Where, if you are uninsured, you will be feeding at the trough of other peoples' taxes. Perhaps this doesn't matter to you. Emergency room utilization for preventive, routine and elective care, however, is idiotic public health policy--overpriced, underfunded, inefficient--the proverbial shotgun blast to kill an ant. That's a fact.

It's not perfect but it is a lot better than handing our healthcare over to the tyranny of government control.

iPAB

I don't care for her politics much...."I can see Russia from my house" will go down in history...

But I agree on the problems avalanching down because of Obamacare...

and like her or not....she can be very pleasing to the eyes...

sarah-palin_zpsf90e74c7.jpg

I had no idea Palin had such big ideas about obama care.
  • Like 1

Yes, we call it medicare and pay a 4.5% levy in our taxes for it, or something near that. When it first came in, savvy doctors built luxury medical centres all over the place, 24/7 medical appointments available - for some reason they found that the government covering our bill was an opportunity for more business and stepped right on up to grab their share of the increased market, go figure :whistle: .

It's not going very well in Canada. They have 15 medical tourism companies that fly Canadians down to Texas for surgery.

They don't want to wait 9 months for bypass surgery.

Can "you see Costa Rica from your house," C-Ken? Or have you been there? You seem very interested in that tiny nation of rationality without a standing army. How are the beaches? Do they have good beer? What's the nature of their constitution, and do you think a Costa Rican lawyer has to read a statement before you can 'plead the Fifth?' Let me know. . .

I've lived in Sweden--better health care there than here (US) by far. I've visited Canada, many times--better drug prices, no capitalistic Big Pharma cartel to contend with. I was seriously injured in Mexico--reasonable local doctor, didn't try to gouge the latest broken tourist.

Surely America the Beautiful can do better than "emergency rooms"--the most inefficient and least cost-effective form of any treatment available.

• Like 2

It's not going very well in Canada. They have 15 medical tourism companies that fly Canadians down to Texas for surgery.

They don't want to wait 9 months for bypass surgery.

It's always dependent on the infrastructure, we have waiting lists but definitely not for bypass or any heart related surgery. A co-worker who was unwell was discovered to require bypass surgery, happened within two months and he was closely monitored right up to the time of the surgery.

On the other hand, we have very limited dental care covered. We use Indonesia as our "tourist dental" spot for any major work required on our teeth.

Finally, if folk can afford to fly to Texas for bypass surgery at the exhorbitant rates of the USA, then why could they not go private in Canada? Does Canada have no Private option? We have both, public and private.

It's not perfect but it is a lot better than handing our healthcare over to the tyranny of government control.

iPAB

If I agreed with your premise, I'd simply respond: "So what? We've already turned our privacy over to "the tyranny of government control" in return for less security from said government."

You can laugh all you want, but people who are actually helped by the ACA by the millions, love it.

you mean illegals, and freeloaders, that I pay for????

That is the problem i have, i don't like paying for illegal’s popping anchor babies, and couch potatoes that do absolutely nothing in their lives but get free stuff, paid by me. and you sound like one of them

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

ObamaCare is a 2 tier system.

1 for the rich and 1 for everybody else. Take a number.

They have the same system in the UK. NHS

Do you actually read what other write - and take in what they say - before responding?

I never said anything supporting the current system, I simply said it was butchered by the partisan politics on Capitol Hill. Unless you understand that, and stop trying to blame one side, which you are doing every time you say "ObamaCare", you will never understand the issues here:

1) the politics in the US poisons your lawmakers against anything constructive to your society that is mooted by "the other side".

2) the politics in the US has also poisoned the people to automatically distrust/disclaim anything "the other side" moots as a positive change.

You are a classic example of symptom 2. You, and many other people in the US, are being led around by the nose by partisan politics and a partisan media. Start thinking for yourself, and stop thinking in Republican sound-bites.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

It's always dependent on the infrastructure, we have waiting lists but definitely not for bypass or any heart related surgery. A co-worker who was unwell was discovered to require bypass surgery, happened within two months and he was closely monitored right up to the time of the surgery.

On the other hand, we have very limited dental care covered. We use Indonesia as our "tourist dental" spot for any major work required on our teeth.

Finally, if folk can afford to fly to Texas for bypass surgery at the exhorbitant rates of the USA, then why could they not go private in Canada? Does Canada have no Private option? We have both, public and private.

If they go to Texas, then they only wait 7 days.

If you feel like you have an elephant sitting on your chest then they reach for that credit card with one hand and then you reach for the phone

with the other hand to call 1 of the 15 Medical Tourism Companies that take care of everything. When the Canadians return home, they call

their doctor and say "Nevermind. I chose Plan B. I flew to Texas!"

Do you actually read what other write - and take in what they say - before responding?

I never said anything supporting the current system, I simply said it was butchered by the partisan politics on Capitol Hill. Unless you understand that, and stop trying to blame one side, which you are doing every time you say "ObamaCare", you will never understand the issues here:

1) the politics in the US poisons your lawmakers against anything constructive to your society that is mooted by "the other side".

2) the politics in the US has also poisoned the people to automatically distrust/disclaim anything "the other side" moots as a positive change.

You are a classic example of symptom 2. You, and many other people in the US, are being led around by the nose by partisan politics and a partisan media. Start thinking for yourself, and stop thinking in Republican sound-bites.

It wasn't butchered by partisan politics. Nobody read the bill. -- Nobody! --

They sold it to the other dems this way " Just pass it as is. We'll fix it later."

Now they have a train wreck on their hands. 53% of Americans oppose ObamaCare.

5% don't know or think it has already been repealed. Parts of it have been successfully repealed.

So, when the Republicans demanded modifications to the original Bill, it wasn't because they'd read it but they just guessed what was in it?

Or are you suggesting the Republicans in govt are the only people who bothered reading it, and are the only responsible people in govt?

Do you even read what you write, let alone what others write?

• Like 1

So, when the Republicans demanded modifications to the original Bill, it wasn't because they'd read it but they just guessed what was in it?

Or are you suggesting the Republicans in govt are the only people who bothered reading it, and are the only responsible people in govt?

Do you even read what you write, let alone what others write?

Nancy Pelosi rammed it through and didn't care what it said.

We will just fix it later.

ObamaCare is a 2 tier system.

1 for the rich and 1 for everybody else. Take a number.

No, its not. Where do you get this stuff?!

ObamaCare is a bureaucratic nightmare that is suppose to be enforced by the incompetent IRS that attacked the Tea Party?

No again. Your facts are wrong. The ACA is regulated and enforced by the HHS dept. The individual mandate has some minor enforcement by the IRS.

• Like 1

Shhhh......the doctors are retiring early and moving to Costa Rica.

The remaining few doctors will be overburdened and will hand out numbers to those waiting in the long line that wraps around the block.

We may have to turn to medical tourism to see a doctor.

Doctors as well as anyone else can retire wherever they want. Medical schools are churning out tons of new doctors as well as some from immigration.

All they are doing is expanding MediCare.

Medicare for ALL would've been a great thing!

• Like 1

We're not. Since the ACA is NOT healthcare. I knew you would step in this sooner or later..

That is the problem i have, i don't like paying for illegal’s popping anchor babies, and couch potatoes that do absolutely nothing in their lives but get free stuff, paid by me. and you sound like one of them

haha very funny. No I do not mean that. Since these are not allowed in the ACA. And it's been proven (I'm sorry you missed it) that the whole "anchor baby" thing is a myth. And then you really don't understand how the ACA is paid for.

And no, I've worked all my life. I believe that our society has a vested interest in the health of it's citizens.

• Like 1

They sold it to the other dems this way " Just pass it as is. We'll fix it later."

Now they have a train wreck on their hands. 53% of Americans oppose ObamaCare.

5% don't know or think it has already been repealed. Parts of it have been successfully repealed.

OMG. You are so loony toons. MILLIONS of PEOPLE read the bill before it was passed and in the MANY years since. What you are saying is frankly just a lie.

Wow... uncalled for personal attack. Seems unnecessary.

• Like 1

Baseless assumptions. Casting aspersions. You embarrass yourself.

As my Aunt Gladys used to say, "You got quite the nerve."

Edited by szentgyorgy