Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Updated] Letterbox appears on Thames Bridge

seeder

Uri Geller and other villagers say they are mystified by the appearance of a red letterbox in the middle of a bridge.

The box has been placed on a buttress on the downstream side of the bridge, which crosses the River Thames.

Residents of Sonning-on-Thames, Berkshire, said the box could only be reached by river users.

Mr Geller, who has lived in the village for 33 years, said he had "never seen anything like it". "This is a very unusual village," he added.

"There are many sightings of a child ghost that walks on the bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk...kshire-24028902

Uri Geller had to get in the story somehow didnt he? Still its a much better prank than awful; graffiti tagging

• Like 1

Colour me skeptical, but the two bridge photos don't appear to be the same bridge. And just because you see the face of a post box doesn't mean you can put anything into the slot...

It's clearly the same bridge. And it doesn't even say you can put something into the slot. The article only refers to a "postbox frontage".

As for Uri Geller, oh boy, I want to look like that with 65.

Edit: Mr Geller is 66, soon to be 67.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

Colour me skeptical, but the two bridge photos don't appear to be the same bridge. And just because you see the face of a post box doesn't mean you can put anything into the slot...

as per bolded, what two bridge photo's, the article has only one?

And Mr. Geller had absolutely nothing to do with it? I heard he was starved for public attention lately.

• Like 1

So somebody fixed a post box frontage to the bridge,no mystery here.

• Like 2

as per bolded, what two bridge photo's, the article has only one?

If you look at the article again, the photo at the top is of Mr Gellar and you can scroll through to see two other photos.

• Like 1

If you look at the article again, the photo at the top is of Mr Gellar and you can scroll through to see two other photos.

Aha now Ive gotcha! Cheers. But I think it is all the same bridge nonetheless

A letterbox that mysteriously appeared in the middle of a bridge is to be removed as it breaks planning laws

Tom Daley will be upset. He's the new postman!

Edited by Eldorado

Council jobsworths. :td: It may have increased visitors and besides its not doing any harm

• Like 1

Mr Geller, who has lived in the village for 33 years, said he had "never seen anything like it".

He said it may have been put there by the "ghost of a mischievous little girl" who has been sighted walking on the bridge.

Yes, makes perfect sense that a ghost has loads of post to send and requires an obscurely placed post box. :lol:

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 2

I love practical jokes of this kind. It's not too much of an eyesore, and it's not hurting anyone, so why can't it stay? Are they claiming it's a protected bridge?

• Like 2