Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bikers denied 9/11 commemorative ride

F3SS

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/09/thats-a-lie-national-parks-service-denies-biker-group-permit-for-911-ride-and-employee-accuses-biker-group-of-lying-about-why/

The NPS did, however, grant a permit to a Muslim organization to hold a “million” man march on the National Mall.

An organization calling themselves “2 Million Bikers to DC” applied for the permit to ride their motorcycles through the nation’s capital to remember those who perished on September 11 and honor the armed forces.

The group said on Facebook they still plan to converge on D.C., despite lacking a permit.

“We don’t need no stinking permit!” the group declared on Facebook. “We have our constitutional rights and we shall ride!”

Belinda Bee, the event organizer, told TheBlaze she was initially told by Sheila Gotha, from the NPS permits division, the group’s permit was denied not for technical reasons, but because their event was slated for a week day “and D.C. residents aren’t going to like that.”

However, in a phone call with TheBlaze Monday, Gotha denied having made those comments or having any knowledge about why their permit was denied.

“I don’t know anything about this, so that’s a lie,” Gotha said. “I don’t have nothing to do with it… I don’t even know what you are talking about.”

An email forwarded to TheBlaze by Bee, however, appears to show that Gotha was one of the NPS officials who participated in a meeting regarding the biker organization’s request for a permit. In fact, the email says she was the “organizer” of the meeting to review the biker group’s request for a permit.

Lying ass government official. What's new? I actually think traffic and security issues are a legitimate reason to deny a permit but if they're already expecting a 'million' Muslims then, well whatever. Don't even get me started on Muslim tolerance parades on a 9/11 anniversary. As for the bikers, I say ride on boys. You don't need a permit to drive on roads.

I'm excited for the Sons of Anarchy premiere tonight so I found this suiting.

• Like 5

Hmm, maybe converting the ride into an "unofficial happening" is the solution.

"Nothing official, we just decided to savor autumn on our bikes in the capital... and each on his own".

• Like 5

Wow, I don't envy D.C. for having a couple million people descending on it no matter who they are. That's a lot of people and vehicles to all show up on one day!

• Like 1

Well according to website "Breaking Obama" and facebook page breaking_obama and twitter feed breaking obama...they are coming anyway

The "talk" is because of the million Muslim march and two million bikers coming to town at the same time might be bad...they are afraid.

That being just a few weeks after Sturgis, I doubt they could get that many bikers together. They estimated over 600,000 there this year and a lot of them couldn't take off from work again so soon.

They are saying 2 million....

https://www.facebook.com/BreakingObama

Breaking Obama

Yesterday

2 Million Bikers are heading for Washington DC Right now even though their Permit was denied for 9/11 & this will become very interesting as they reach there in time to be there at the same time as the Million Muslim March. Stand Tall with these Patriots and Share this please as they are riding for our Freedom!

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

https://www.facebook.com/BreakingObama

Breaking Obama

Yesterday

2 Million Bikers are heading for Washington DC Right now even though their Permit was denied for 9/11 & this will become very interesting as they reach there in time to be there at the same time as the Million Muslim March. Stand Tall with these Patriots and Share this please as they are riding for our Freedom!

How'd you like to be a DC or Capital cop tomorrow?
  • Like 3

How'd you like to be a DC or Capital cop tomorrow?

Not for all the beer in Ireland.... :no:

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 2

I suppose it's possible. There were 9,477,245 registered motorcycles as of 2012. More power to them!

• Like 1

2 million? A lot of people will be angry in traffic if it was 2 million

You ain't kidding! I ued to run projects over in DC and Baltimore before I went to work for myself and even with normal tourism...it's madness. DC is not hard to get around in if you know how the street grid and quadrants work. Still no fun...the political quadrant (South East) is always a pain in the @ss to drive in.

Baltimore on the other hand...I hate driving in that town! The streets are narrow and delivery trucks will just stop in the middle of a lane, hit the flashers and then you have to wait to get around them...plus once you are outside of the Inner Harbor....Baltimore is an armpit...

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I saw two groups of about fifty Sunday, but I didn't think much about it because it's not an unusual sight around here. Maybe that's where they were headed.

• Like 1

I remember a tour bus driver in DC saying that the city's population swelled by about 3 times each day between early morning and end of business - LOTS of commuters. So if the traffic extras are moving in during the rush it would be gridlock for sure.

• Like 2

Geez, I didn't even realize 9/11 is tomorrow already. Guess we don't have to wait long to see what happens.

My odds:

30,000 Muslim marchers

112,000 bikers

• Like 1

It brings tears to my eyes to see such dedicated citizens..

They're not just standing up for the victims of 9/11, they're standing up for you and me.

The reason cops are probably not doing anything is they don't want to anger the Hell's Angels.

I wouldn't want to either, if I could avoid it. Those dudes are ruthless.

• Like 1

Is this a Hells Angels organized effort? I was under the impression that it was simply a come one come all biker invite organized by who knows who. However, I fully expect that outlaws and lawful riders would be present.

Haven't got around to checking today's news to see if anything eventful happened. And you're right. Nobody wants trouble with 1%ers, even the police.

Is this a Hells Angels organized effort? I was under the impression that it was simply a come one come all biker invite organized by who knows who. However, I fully expect that outlaws and lawful riders would be present.

Haven't got around to checking today's news to see if anything eventful happened. And you're right. Nobody wants trouble with 1%ers, even the police.

Which is why many things in biker land are pretty screwed up.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure, it's for all bikers, according to the links I posted.

I'll let you tell them that to their face!

I have no problem with that, in fact the best bike mechanic I know belongs to the Austrian chapter. Every time I am there I tell him I hope his gang is in jail the next time I bring my bike around.

I don't believe so.. I was just pointing out their presence.

I'm sure there are many outlaw chapters showing up; putting aside their differences as Americans first and foremost.

I was just saying, if you mess with one biker, you're messing with all of them; including the Hell's Angels.

• Like 2