Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamas Syria Speech VIDEO

acidhead

@ 8:45 Obama says:

Other questions involve the dangers of retaliation. We don't dismiss any threats, but the Assad regime does not have the ability to seriously threaten our military. Any other -- any other retaliation they might seek is in line with threats that we face every day. Neither Assad nor his allies have any interest in escalation that would lead to his demise, and our ally, Israel, can defend itself with overwhelming force, as well as the unshakable support of the United States of America. http://www.npr.org/2...nation-on-syria

i gotta admit hes slick... just snuck it in there and let it slide....

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 5

"...when dictators commit atrocities..." Yeah, kind of like trying to tear apart the U.S. constitution right? I hate this guy so much I can't even stand to finish the video.

• Like 4

Did he just say we knew Syria was preparing to launch a chemical attack and didn't lift a finger to stop it? listen around 3:00. We know where they mix the chemicals? So are we to believe we don't have eyes on these places 24/7?

So this begs the question what is his angle? why let the Syrians do this then act horrified and try to drag us into this conflict?

maybe he needs an excuse to put another militant Islamic regime in power next to Israel?

• Like 1

"...when dictators commit atrocities..." Yeah, kind of like trying to tear apart the U.S. constitution right? I hate this guy so much I can't even stand to finish the video.

Oh if only politics and running a country were so simple.

Many of you have asked a broader question: Why should we get involved at all in a place that's so complicated and where, as one person wrote to me, those who come after Assad may be enemies of human rights? It's true that some of Assad's opponents are extremists. But al-Qaida will only draw strength in a more chaotic Syria if people there see the world doing nothing to prevent innocent civilians from being gassed to death. The majority of the Syrian people and the Syrian opposition we work with just want to live in peace, with dignity and freedom. And the day after any military action, we would redouble our efforts to achieve a political solution that strengthens those who reject the forces of tyranny and extremism.

Lest we forget 911

slick as butter

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

@ 8:45 Obama says:

i gotta admit hes slick... just snuck it in there and let it slide....

Straight up AIPAC's anus too, back, and forth.

• Like 2

He sounds very confused and totally not sure of what decision to make. Truth is, he'll never know what's right or not ...The concequences of any action could be "something" or "the complete opposite of that thing" and he'll never know until he's already into it, but then there will be no turning back.

Edited by GiS

It's true that some of Assad's opponents are extremists. But al-Qaida will only draw strength in a more chaotic Syria if people there see the world doing nothing to prevent innocent civilians from being gassed to death

Lest we forget 911

slick as butter

Whaa? So by "degrading" the Syrian government's power, that will not give the Rebel elements supported by terrorist groups strength? If Assad remains in power, that would be more chaotic than if he fell? That makes no sense at all, mr.O. It's just complete doublethink.

• Like 1

The United States of America or THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? We is not you and US does not mean us. You know our votes don't count. If the congress didn't vote yes you still would have found a reason to attack Syria, even if it meant attacking the U.S and blaming it on syria to win hearts and minds. You did it with 9/11, you did it with Sandy Hook, you did it with the Boston Finish Line Massacre. Everything ya'll do is secret and ya'll secret away all evidence so no one has evidence which will lead back to you. It is how you continue to Usurp.

9/11 was an easy brush off, all you needed was ghost for everybody to chase long enough for you to get everyones support and then you made him a sacrifice.

Thanks for posting Acidhead.... Obama is looking a bit perkier now he has a way out and doesn't have to face the humiliation

of his bombing plans being rejected by his own politicians...

I am sick of him and others imploring us to look at pictures of gassed dead and injured children...

He is saying that Assad did the gassing.....but there has been nothing to actually prove this, just weak circumstantial

evidence...to (desperately) try and point the finger of blame. Circumstantial evidence that is in all likelihood BS anyway...

From what I've seen and heard I am pretty sure in my own mind that it was the 'rebel forces' who did the gassing...

To frame the Assad Govt....

What is even more heart-breaking is to hear that these poor children may have been kidnapped 'Alawite' children who

were then gassed and filmed in a cynical propaganda exercise. The enormity of this possible wickedness appears to

have completely ignored by the Obama Administration. Straight forward gassing is bad enough, but that frightened

children could have been kidnapped in advance....to star in sick YouTube videos...takes it to another level.

http://wwwwakeupamer...ml#.UjA0UoNwYdW

http://www.globalres...s-fraud/5348939

The bit in the speech about 'some of Assad's opponents are extremists'.....etc etc.

A bit of an understatement there......who does he think he's kidding...

I've pulled up a post by Black Red Devil...from the Middle East forum that shows the different groups involved...

These are the major Syrian "freedom fighter" groups:

• The Syrian Islamic Front (SIF) - It is demanding an Islamic state with sharia law.
  • The Free Syrian Army - The largest rebel group. Started off as a Secular army but gradually has been replaced by Islamists and Martyrs. Look at it's affiliates:
    • Syria Martyrs Brigades, Farouq Battalions, Tawhid Brigade, Suqour al-Sham Brigades and Islam Brigade

[*]The Syrian Islamic Liberation Front (SILF) - Similar affiliates to the FSA.

Now look at the affiliates or militant factions:

• Farouq Battalions - Islamist-leaning group
  • Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic state of Iraq - Affiliation to al-Qa’ida
  • Islamic Ahrar al-Sham Movement - It seeks an Islamic state based on sharia law
  • Syria Martyrs’ Brigades - The name (Martyrs) says a lot although their leader doesn't claim to follow any particular ideology. Affiliated to the FSA.
  • YPG – Popular Protection Units - Kurds
  • Islam Brigade - Lead by a religious scholar, affiliated to the FSA
  • Tawhid Brigade - It demands some form of Islamic governance, affiliated to the FSA
  • Suqour al-Sham Brigades - One of Syria’s best-known Islamist groups, affiliated to the FSA.

Don't expect any secular solutions when Assad topples. Then again, is any of this REALLY about freedom?

At least the world can breathe a bit easier for now.....and we in the West don't have the horror and utter embarrassment

of the US military being used to help the Islamic Jihadists.....

Love and peace to people of the USA today on the anniversary of 9/11....

And happy birthday Bashar al-Assad...

• Like 2

Peggy Noonan had an interesting take on it - a President trying to convince the American people to support a military strike that he has no intention of ever making and is thanking his lucky starts that Putin threw him a lifeline so that he doesn't have to.

He saved face, but as some pundits are now arguing, has completely ceded US influence in the ME to Russia.

• Like 2

Peggy Noonan had an interesting take on it - a President trying to convince the American people to support a military strike that he has no intention of ever making and is thanking his lucky starts that Putin threw him a lifeline so that he doesn't have to.

He saved face, but as some pundits are now arguing, has completely ceded US influence in the ME to Russia.

Exactly.. classic bluster. the threat of the Big Stick didn't work, and now he has nothing left because he didn't even think to try diplomacy, thinking he could rely on the Big Stick like his predecessor did. Now, though, the well of sympathy and/or fear that GW was able to rely on has run dry, and he isn't able to use the Terrorist Menace, since they're the ones that are fighting the ones he wants to attack.

• Like 2

I feel like most of you had decided that his speech was horrible before he even made it...

I feel like most of you had decided that his speech was horrible before he even made it...

How you mean, horrible?

Yes, because he is a low grade fool who is laughably shallow and predictable.

• Like 3

Here's what Rand Paul had to say:

Sen. Rand Paul Delivers Response to President's Speech on Military Action in Syria - 9/10/13

Link:

:tsu:

Whenever Rand Paul talks they should play this song in the background:

Link: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

:)

• Like 1

Yes, but horrible in that he shouldn't have even needed to make the speech in the first place but he boxed himself into a corner and had his bluff called.

But then again, we might just not like it because he's black and we're all racist.

• Like 3

But then again, we might just not like it because he's black and we're all racist.

Hey, I don't like his white half either! :)

• Like 1

HAHAHAHA - I was told to keep it down!

I'm not a racists, just a stereotype enthusiasts...

:innocent:

• Like 1

What a scandalous, unscrupulous little fibber. He just keeps reiterating the same, warmongering lies, this comical Nobel peace prize laureate.

We should all draw a 'red line' right here, and demand all this deceit, manipulation and dishonesty stops. Now.

Not only by the Obama regime, but the whole Western political spectrum. These entities are not of The People, by The People, or for The People.

They are, for all intents and purposes, the direct antithesis. 'Of the corporation, by the corporation and for the corporation.'

One look at the facts will underwrite this conclusion. Count the number of laws passed the last decade or so that are in favor of 'The People', and compare that with the number of laws passed that favor 'the [large] corporation'.

The attack on the sovereign individual - and sovereign state for that matter - is blatantly obvious [on numerous levels, most notably financial]. The sovereign nation known as the United States of America has ceased to exist a long, long time ago [December 23, 1913]. Anyone who thinks this is crazy talk, that this is some conspiracy nonsense.. has, in all honesty, a real problem. And as long the lionpart of the voting public is unaware, we all have a real problem.

This could all be over by tomorrow, we are letting this happen. We have none to blame for this situation but ourselves.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 3

I find it completely hilarious that he wants us to go view videos in gruesome detail of women/men/children being gassed to death yet the Osama Bin Laden photo's are to disturbing to release.....

• Like 6

I find it completely hilarious that he wants us to go view videos in gruesome detail of women/men/children being gassed to death yet the Osama Bin Laden photo's are to disturbing to release.....

Isn't it odd we wants us to ignore the 100,000+ killed with bullets and mortars?

Killing women,men and children with bullets is just fine? Where was Obamas outrage 1year ago?

The Senator Rand Paul video appeared more presidential.

• Like 3