Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

42 encampments?

The_Spartan

Reading from another topic, about someone "blowing a trumpet " for "Hebrews", i decided to look up the places the Israelites wandered through during their 40 years of "wandering " in the desert.

So here is the list

After departing from – Ramesses, they

1. camped in Soccoth
  2. came into Etham
  3. came over against Phihahiroth(camped before Magdalum)
  4. camped in Mara
  5. came into Elim
  6. pitched their tents by the Red Sea
  7. camped in the desert of Sin (????)
  8. came to Daphca
  9. camped in Alus
  10. pitched their tents in Raphidim
  11. camped in the desert of Sinai
  12. came to the graves of lust (??)
  13. camped in Haseroth
  14. came to Rethma
  15. camped in Remmomphares
  16. came to Lebna
  17. camped in Ressa
  18. came to Ceelatha
  19. camped in the mountain Sepher
  20. came to Arada
  21. camped in Maceloth
  22. came to Thahath
  23. camped in Thare
  24. pitched their tents in Methca
  25. camped in Hesmona
  26. came to Moseroth
  27. camped in Benejaacan
  28. came to mount Gadgad
  29. camped in Jetebatha
  30. came to Hebrona
  31. camped in Asiongaber
  32. came into the desert of Sin, which is Cades
  33. camped in mount Hor
  34. camped in Salmona
  35. came to Phunon
  36. camped in Oboth
  37. came to Ijeabarim
  38. pitched their tents in Dibongab
  39. camped in Helmondeblathaim
  40. came to the mountains of Abarim
  41. camped from Bethsimoth
  42. even to Ablesatim in the plains of the Moabites,

The above is from From the Douay Rheimes Bible, Numbers Chapter 33.

No offense meant from any religious view point, even to Christians or Jews.I am just curious.

The Bedouins are bloody much faster than these Wandering Jews (pun intended on the "wandering Jew")

1. whats the difference between "desert of Sin (7)", desert of Sinai (11)", and desert of Sin/Cades (32)
  2. Has any of these 42 places been identified with actual geographical places? places like desert of sin, graves of lust are sort of dubious to locate on a map.
  3. Did they actually cross over the red sea? i read somewhere that the body of water they did cross over was some bay or lagoon sort of water body which was shallow during low tides and it was at this moment they crossed over.

Edited by The_Spartan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The_Spartan

• questionmark

• granpa

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading from another topic, about someone "blowing a trumpet " for "Hebrews", i decided to look up the places the Israelites wandered through during their 40 years of "wandering " in the desert.

So here is the list

The above is from From the Douay Rheimes Bible, Numbers Chapter 33.

No offense meant from any religious view point, even to Christians or Jews.I am just curious.

The Bedouins are bloody much faster than these Wandering Jews (pun intended on the "wandering Jew")

1. whats the difference between "desert of Sin (7)", desert of Sinai (11)", and desert of Sin/Cades (32)
  2. Has any of these 42 places been identified with actual geographical places? places like desert of sin, graves of lust are sort of dubious to locate on a map.
  3. Did they actually cross over the red sea? i read somewhere that the body of water they did cross over was some bay or lagoon sort of water body which was shallow during low tides and it was at this moment they crossed over.

Ah, even at the risk that some take offense: It never happened that way.

The most accurate explanation I have found was by Finkelstein and Silberman, The Bible Unearthed, Touchstone, 2001. They try to reconstruct the story from the archeological point of view, and well, it is not very flattering for either Judaism or any of its following sects/religions.

Ah, even at the risk that some take offense: It never happened that way.

The most accurate explanation I have found was by Finkelstein and Silberman, The Bible Unearthed, Touchstone, 2001. They try to reconstruct the story from the archeological point of view, and well, it is not very flattering for either Judaism or any of its following sects/religions.

Hey. I got the ebook on Bible Unearthed, but never got around to reading it. thats what i am going to do now! :tu:

Hey. I got the ebook on Bible Unearthed, but never got around to reading it. thats what i am going to do now! :tu:

Careful that they don't get you for blasphemy! :devil: