Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dogman

Arminda1

I saw a dogman in late april, first of may, full moon peering in my window.....am still terrified and I will never be caught outside after dark, but was wondering if there were any more reported sightings for those months in Oklahoma?

• Like 1

there was a sighting in 2004 of a dogman type creature near New Castle. OK, but that's the only dogman report in OK that I know of.

• Like 1

I haven't heard any dog man tales for a while.

I saw a dogman in late april, first of may, full moon peering in my window.....am still terrified and I will never be caught outside after dark, but was wondering if there were any more reported sightings for those months in Oklahoma?

Hi,

Welcome to UM. You might be a hint and run poster (some one who makes a thread and never comes back). My name is Brian and I will be your skeptic for this evening. As a skeptic can you please give us more details on...

1. Location, Are you in a suburban area, farm area, city etc.

2. Where did you see this creature?

3. How far away from the window did you see this unknown entity?

4. Were you laying down at the time?

5. Can you describe the dogman with more details, It behavior, what it was doing a part from staring in (standing, crouching, on all fours, sitting, looking at you).

6. What is the exact date and time this event happened?

7. Was the town/place busy? As in people driving.

8. did it leave foot marks or scratch marks on the floor?

9. is it on a second floor, ground floor?

Thank you.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

You saw a hyrax.

• Like 3

what is a hyrax? and it is easier to blame the paranormal than look for answers, but I looked for answers and explored and it wasn't a shadow, it wasn't anything of this earth....and I have been called a liar. I have explored and read, but this dogman thing isn't as well documented as bigfoot....so for all you out there who are being rude, no wonder you have hit and runs on here, it's cause of some attitudes, I wasn't looking for smartass sarcasm I was asking for answers and help and people to understand me that could help me deal with this sighting.....I know what I saw was real.....I need people to talk to me

• Like 1

brian....I live in a small town, very rural area....everyone knows everyone , but the infrastructure is not like a big town with nightlife and lots of night activity, only ballgames, school activities....

I saw the creature in my living room , large picture window..., through my curtains, but the blinds were raised.

I was probably 20 feet from the window, in the hall way next to my room, my house is a tiny cracker box....very small.

I was laying down at that time, but earlier had heard the neighborhood dogs fighting and you could hear that whatever they were fighting with was steadily moving towards my house, because each block more dogs barking and growling, and what brought my attention away from tv was I heard a weird howling, like I have never heard before...ever and it was end of april, the 30th to be exact at 10:00 when I heard the howl and dog commotion in the neighborhood. and as I could tell by the dogs barking and fighting, then I heard one dog fighting with whatever it was and then I heard the dog scream and yelp in pain and then weird silence...but it stared again to the north of my house and I thought to myself ..good it's passed by....and I went outside when I heard the howl, and I thought, geez that was a ****ed up howl, I never heard before, and I laughed it off and noticed the moon was full, and thought god sounded like a werewolf from the movies....it was an unseasonably warm night, had my windows open and front door open...after that I shut them all cause it didn't feel right....and continued to watch tv....until around 11 or so

I was laying down and my pitbull, brownie sleeps with me, my husband left for work early that night around 8....he works all night. brownie woke me up growling at something, and I also heard my boy pit, chaos in the living room barking and he is a *****, non barking, timid pit...he sleeps in the living room on the couch. so I knew with my old girl growling, something was not right and thought I better look as we have been having break ins around our town...cranksters....I got up and stopped in the hallway to look, really to yell at chaos to shut up....and he was laying on the couch facing the window and growling now and looking so my attention was directed to the window..it is a very large picture window with sheer gauzy curtains that you can see through, and I had left ,y blind up, usually I drop them and I could see the shadow of a man, I thought outside ...but I am nearsighted and couldn't be sure, cause I thought to myself, surely this dude doesn't have ears...like that, like dog ears.....and I went to get my glasses, brownie never left me and stayed right by my side, chaos was still growling and with the glasses I saw it was a very large man with a big body with the head of a dog, like a german shepherd, cause the ears were sticking straight up, and when I first came in, it was lookin off and I could see snout shape, and I said quietly to chaos, shut up...and when I said that it turned to put it's face up closer to the window and put both hands, not paws against the window...I was so scared I could barely breathe, and brownie was scared to and chaos .....I had a gun, but didn't want to shoot, cause I was kind of in shock but literally couldn't move, lookin for a reasonable answer in my own mind to explain away what was there...when it put it's paws up I had a feeling like it was communicating with me in thought and was saying come here, i'm a good dog, .........

it was just standing there at first, when I entered then when it heard me it faced the window and tried to look in, I have a feeling it's hearing and smell was better than it's eyes////it stood like a man, and looked like a man, could only make out like shaggier hair, around his neckarea, couldn't see if it was clothed or not...but built like a powerful man, and it stood on two legs and had hands not paws.......but it's head looked like a german shepherds head....

this happened on may 1 at 3:10 am. around that time....the howling and fighting occurred on april 30, at 9 or 10

the town was unsually quite and no acitivity in the area, small town everyone is in by dark nothing to do in this town after dark, no malls, centers, nothing....just stay in and watch tv....and the neighbors were all inside....door and windows shut

also when I ran to my room I got in bed, terrified, after I could actually move...I have never felt the sheer terror like I felt then, and I got under my covers and shook....uncontrollably...but my dog brownie was under there too and she started growling again and I could hear someone walking around that side of my house and she heard it too and moved her head and growling with her head turning towards the sound....I made her be quiet and finally went to sleep to scared to get up again....woke up around 5 am and went to look and there was nothing there, tried to convince myself it was a shadow, but there is nothing there to cast a shadow...

next morning I went and looked nothing disturbed no visible prints, but from where it's head was I estimated it had to be 7 or 8 feet tall.....this is a ground floor .......so there brian,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thank you all for your responses....keep em coming, I am not a hit and run, but I do work and sometimes bill money comes before phone minutes is how I post...so now you see, I am not rich....I work;.....

• Like 2

^ I second this.

considering you, yourself said.

I live in a small town, very rural area....everyone knows everyone , but the infrastructure is not like a big town with nightlife and lots of night activity, only ballgames, school activities....

Meaning that a friend, or possibly family members, knows you well enough to know what would freak you out, and also, not much else going on, you have to find soem sort of information.

ANd, it would be someone who knows your husband wasn't around that night to shoot/ beat with a big stick them

• Like 2

Pranks in small towns are a very real possibility, especially when alcohol is involved.

• Like 2

what is a hyrax?

The answer to everything.

anyone who knows me knows that they risk the chance of being shot, because I have several guns and know how to use them all, I was raised by a dad who taught me hot to shoot, ride and fight....I looked for signs of human, and there was none....if it was a human it had to be 7 to 8 feet tall, and couldn't have moved that fast or that high up in my window.....my dogs weren't reacting like they react to people, they are two pits and I know there sounds, my girl dog was as scared as I was....so was the boy.....thanks ;ya'll for your input, please don't stop and thank you for answering me, I know, anyone who knows me knows they would risk bodily harm from me, not my husband.....lol...

anyone who knows me knows that they risk the chance of being shot, because I have several guns and know how to use them all, I was raised by a dad who

And yet, they got away unshot, meaning you were paralyzed in fear, meaning your perception was affected.

You dogs NOT attacking, means it was someone they recognized, because dogs are territorial ,especially pits, as im sure you know.

Meaning, as was suggested before, it was someone who knows you, having a laugh at your expense

• Like 2

While I don't think it's entirely fair for SkepticalB to outright dismiss your experience as a prank, I have think it's probably what happened. I brought up the suggestion of a person wearing a mask because a friend of mine had a neighbor who did pretty much the same thing to him with a sasquatch costume. He was terrified and was convinced a sasquatch had been trying to get into his window until his neighbor later showed up with the costume to admit that it was him. Anyone can be fooled by stuff like that when it's dark and late at night.

You also said that anyone who knew you would know they'd be likely to get shot pulling a stunt like that. I think you're underestimating the stupidity of some people.

• Like 2

what is a hyrax? and it is easier to blame the paranormal than look for answers, but I looked for answers and explored and it wasn't a shadow, it wasn't anything of this earth....and I have been called a liar. I have explored and read, but this dogman thing isn't as well documented as bigfoot....so for all you out there who are being rude, no wonder you have hit and runs on here, it's cause of some attitudes, I wasn't looking for smartass sarcasm I was asking for answers and help and people to understand me that could help me deal with this sighting.....I know what I saw was real.....I need people to talk to me

When you say it wasn't of this earth it sounds a bit dun dun duuuuun!

If you say it wasn't a guy in a mask, maybe it could have been some kind of variation of Old Hag Syndrome. My brother had sleep paralysis but it wasnt an old woman who came into his room and terrified him, it was a mangy old fox.

I'd go for the possible before I go for the impossible or the unproveable.

IT WAS NOT A HUMAN, my dogs woke me up ..the boy dog barking, the girl dog growling....i had to quite both of them, several times...i can't believe this is a paranormal sight, yet most of the comments i have received are so quick to disprove me and basically say i didn't see what i know i saw.....i know what it was, it was not a mask, and i don't know anyone who is 7 ot 8 ft tall .......and my dogs were not acting normal, for one the boy never barks, he he was the one barking and growling in the living room, and my girl, never left my side, she is old and if it is someone at the door, or outside she would go to the area of the house they were at outside... she will run to the door, and i have had prowlers before, and this was not the way the dogs have behaved ever.....

I have gone for the possible, this happened 8 months ago and I have tried many times to convince myself it wasn't real....or it was a prank....so from now on I will just keep it to myself and not ever talk about it again....I explored different theories before I even said anything, but you can bet I won't say anything else to anyone,

you know, you are the only one who has been halfway helpful and nice and truly suggesting things to help me. it could have been a prank, but to get up to that window they would have had to had something to make them taller, by 2 feet....and I could hear it walking around outside, and how do we explain the howling and the fighting of theneighborhood dogs, please suggest, cause im tired of being told im crazy.......

I agree people are stupid, but this is a small country town where people do get shot for breaking in and prowling....country people all have guns and know how to use them.....but kids are stupid and stupidity could be confused with bravery......lol...I agree....

thank you ted for being fair and unbiased....and yes maybe I am underestimating the stupidity of some people, after all this is Heavener,oklahoma.....hee haw....

• Like 2

• The topic was locked