Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the world's oldest living man?

Still Waters

Many people won't be aware of Italy's invasion of Ethiopia in 1895, but one man doesn't just know about the battle - he claims to have lived through it.

Retired farmer Dhaqabo Ebba, from Ethiopia, says he is a staggering 160 years old, which would make him the world's oldest living man.

http://www.dailymail...untry-1895.html

• Like 1

I read about this one woman a few years back, 2-3 years ago, she was said to be at least 140 with an adopted daughter who was 70. On some island in Asia. I guess she's the second oldest if both are actually that old. But it's strange, because shouldn't the brain be dead around 140 years of age?

Wow! He doesn't look a day older than 150. I wonder what his secret is?

you mean 50 right? he looks in his 50s / early 60s but good lord 160 is way too hard to believe.

I've read somewhere about a certain area in Tibet where people are known to live to over 150 years. I couldn't find any official records that support that anyways.

60? I've seen an 80-year old who looks 30 years younger than him, smooth skin and all... it can be surprising but it's real that people can look much younger without all the makeup and stuff.

I'm not surprised. I heard there was this hermit in India who lived for over 500 years. His name was Devraha Baba. Born in 1477 and died in 1990. If this is true that that means he died at the age of 513.

Edited by MysteryMike

From the article comments, one person asked something like "why can't he be tested"

I did not respond there, but I will here...

Currently there is no medical test that can be performed to determine the actual age of a person(other than being just born, of course)

They CAN test for "biological" age, but not "chronological age", and that is far from accurate, as a person who is, say, 90 years-old chronologically, may have the biological body of a 50 year-old(vital organ function comparison)

I guess that's why birth records, or some other form of authenicated record, is important. Else it's just speculation.

I vaguely recall there was some newer Dutch research that argued human individual age can be estimated within about ten years from blood using T-cell DNA rearrangements. Or, has the method also been found to be of limited forensic use?

• Like 1

Oldest man ever lived in recorded history is from china who lived more than 280 years . In India too, many people lived too long,(not now,before westernization). There were time in india where ppl died on an average age of 120 -140 .My Grand mother said that her Grand Grand dad died after 155 years of age due to Tuberculoses. But the sad fact is that no one bothered to record those , many people didnt even know their exact day of birth as in India there existed many different formats of vedic calenders and One should be really privileged enough to know or record ones own date of birth especially day (Tracking the exact day of birth on any year was difficult), but most people know approximately(not exact) how many years they lived .

My BS radar is going off the charts.

I mean, I know there are really old people, but I highly doubt this man is 160.

• Like 3

I vaguely recall there was some newer Dutch research that argued human individual age can be estimated within about ten years from blood using T-cell DNA rearrangements. Or, has the method also been found to be of limited forensic use?

Interesting. I was not aware of that.

a lack of food additives in your body can do miracles indeed

What about "preservatives" ? :w00t:

I think it would be cool to live 160 years but i seriously dought someone could live that long unless they lived in an environment with lots of trees and no pollution

Just imagine in another 100 years the oldest person could possibly live up to 300+ years.

Yes I'm sure it was a lack of food additives. Because you know back in the day when such things didn't exist people out lived our current generations by decades upon decades.

How about, considering they claim it is a oral culture and the oldest tend to be walking libraries, he's just recounting what he was told by a passing elder?

I swear every time i come on this site my I.Q drops 20 points easy. Reading this bull**** that is.

Edited by freeman88

How about, considering they claim it is a oral culture and the oldest tend to be walking libraries, he's just recounting what he was told by a passing elder?

I swear every time i come on this site my I.Q drops 20 points easy. Reading this bull**** that is.

Why keep coming here then?

Any chance of us seeing his birth certificate? doubt it, maybe a touch of Alzheimer in his case.

I have read about historical events from books, does not mean I was ACTUALLY there, but ask me in another 30 years and I may say I was.

Not at all. We all consider this BS, but it is helpful from you and other's to contribute to a subject, as you have well done.

That's how our IQ increases, well, at least knowledge that is.

Edited by pallidin