Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious figure in a gas mask and cloak

Still Waters

A mysterious person has been photographed for the first time after apparently wandering around a patch of woodland for the past 10 years.

The figure, who is known as 'Le Loyon' and has been called Switzerland's answer to the Loch Ness Monster, wears a military uniform and a thick cloak, with a gas mask covering his or her face.

While he does not seem to be obviously aggressive or dangerous, police are hoping to speak to Le Loyon in an effort to encourage him to be less threatening.

http://www.dailymail...-TEN-YEARS.html

• Like 2

Thats interesting, I wonder why hes been walking around that same route for 10 years

Creepy story, but if he walks the same route everyday then why is it so hard for the police to find him?

• Like 6

The cops are a bit slow on the uptake if they are just asking to speak to this person ten years into this.

Duh

• Like 2

He could be a homeless recluse living in the woods. It's his choice of clothing that's spooking everyone especially the gas mask which is an unusual thing to walk about in unless he's trying to hide his face for some reason. I'm saying 'he' but the article also states they don't know if the person is a 'he' or a 'she'.

I'm not too convinced by the photograph either, there's something not right about it apart from it being blurry, The figure doesn't seem to be standing on the ground, it's like it's been added later. Does anyone else think the picture looks odd?

• Like 2

The use of the word "creature" in the article is leading. I got the impression this was thought of as a person (albeit disturbed or frightening) from the locals.

• Like 1

The first season of the latest Doctor Who had a really creepy two part episode called "The Empty Child" involving kids in gas masks. Maybe it's a TV extra that got lost. It's been about five years, he could have walked to Switzerland by now, lol. Per the episode, he is best avoided.

• Like 3

Its a shame he causes such fear among people, he seems to be just minding his own business.

• Like 6

If he walks the same route everyday, why do the police or anyone need to even try to hunt/track him down? Just wait on his route and he will come to them.

• Like 3

If the person stared at the photographer, why not take the picture from the front? I think the photo is out of focus on purpose. But, then, this is in the Daily Mail.

• Like 2

But, then, this is in the Daily Mail.

I don't think this a Daily Mail article as such.

However, last month Le Matin published what is believed to be the first ever photograph of the figure

http://www.lematin.c.../story/25650014

There it is if anyone can translate.

I don't like the way the media said he's "stalking" the woods. Looks and sounds like he's just out for a stroll as far as I can tell.

• Like 8

Leave him alone. he obviously isn't aggressive and he pics flowers. Now he/she will be hounded by poperotsy. In sure this interesting character will go into hideing.

• Like 1

I think Le Matin is considered a bit more controversial than The Daily Mail, actually. But that was an interesting article nonetheless.

Me thinks it's a Syrian government agent with sarin gas awaiting orders. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin

His avoidance of personal encounters is intentional and he is not likely to be harmful to others, more detrimental to him, poor soul. Past behavior is typically predictive of future behavior.

• Like 1

How can this possibly be Switzerland's answer to the Loch Ness Monster?? he/she is not even in the water!!

It`s probably some poor guy / woman going out to get a newspaper.

• Like 2

*insert lame joke about Killing Floor here*