Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious figure in a gas mask and cloak

Still Waters

Come to NYC, we've got nuts like that by the bucketload.

:lol: same in London, where I used to live, there was a black woman who only wore white clothes, BUT also painted her face and hair hands and feet - white. That paint looked thick too, like dried emulsion. Most people who saw her didnt bat an eyelid, but then again she was seen regular

• Like 2

I don't think this a Daily Mail article as such.

http://www.lematin.c.../story/25650014

There it is if anyone can translate.

Translated

http://translate.goo.../story/25650014

eta:

We stopped to see it. He had a kind of suit, a gas mask ... and a bouquet of flowers in hand! Not assured, we soon hit the road lest he be aggressive. "

best translated bit:

"Families are not just more forest. This story does anyone laugh here, "says a farmer who said that it's been over ten years that the individual is regularly masked crusader. Who is Loyon? The rumor speaks of an unstable woman. From a very great man. Or which have a disease of the skin. But no one has a credible track. "Yes, this person exists. Yes, some call him "the Loyon." But I repeat that there has never been any complaints or problems. Do not worry, "slice the trustee Sâles, Jean-Marc Piguet.

ah now I get it :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Why is everyone upset only now when he's been walking the same route for 10 years?

Seems like if he's seen by a family for the first time they might be alarmed but everyday for 10 years is a long time to not be noticed. And there are no reports of him/her ever harming anyone so, aside from just keeping an eye out he should just be left alone.

I'm afraid after this report he/she will be hunted down by a mob of fear driven village folk, the kind that went after Frankenstein's monster, the Hunchback of Notre Dame and various other "monsters"... you know, except with rifles and guns instead of torches and clubs.

Fear has a way of driving the most sane person mad and that's all it takes to turn a peaceful gathering into a raging mob screaming, "let's get em!" in unison.

I find it hard to believe that in 10 years no one has stopped him to ask, "what's with the getup?"

• Like 1

Maybe someone should dress up exactly like Le Leyon, wait for him somewhere along his daily route and see how he'd react.

Edited by RichardRoma
  • Like 2

maybe its easier to set up a motion detected wildlife cam...

I don't think this a Daily Mail article as such.

http://www.lematin.c.../story/25650014

There it is if anyone can translate.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&sl=auto&tl=destination_language&u=http://www.lematin.ch/faits-divers/loyon-rire/story/25650014

Edited by Saru
Replaced text with link to translated page

Why, if he supposedly walks riound exactly the same way every day for ten years, has only one person ever been able to grab a picture that's no better than you'd expect from any Cryptozooloical or UFO report? Surely it shouldn't be too difficult to get at least a decent photo, and probably an interview.

And in any case, why on earth should The Authorities "seek to see if we can find a way of locating him, and discouraging him from behaving as he does."?

• Like 2

If the mysterious man does not disturb anyone has every right to be left in peace..if he wants to dress as a military and keep a mask are only his own business..live and let live

• Like 2

How can this possibly be Switzerland's answer to the Loch Ness Monster?? he/she is not even in the water!!

It`s probably some poor guy / woman going out to get a newspaper.

there's no monster in loch ness = there's no mystery gas mask fella.

I am pretty sure that this is a publicity story.

How can he be there every damn day for TEN years and nobody ever

tried to interact with him, not even police??

The first season of the latest Doctor Who had a really creepy two part episode called "The Empty Child" involving kids in gas masks. Maybe it's a TV extra that got lost. It's been about five years, he could have walked to Switzerland by now, lol. Per the episode, he is best avoided.

Wow, you sure that's really the "latest" Doctor Who?. Empty Child was way back in 2005, I think

I don't mean to be ignorant, but what does Le Loyon mean?. Does it mean a Lion? And why is he being called that?

I still don't see how he could possibly be Switzerland's version of the Loch Ness monster. Wouldn't Switzerland's version of the Loch Ness monster be more likely to live in, like, a lake? Of which there are quite a few big ones in Switzerland. if we must draw cryptozoological analogies at all, perhaps Sasquatch or someone might be more like it.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 2

I don't mean to be ignorant, but what does Le Loyon mean?. Does it mean a Lion? And why is he being called that?

well, 'LE' means the, (masculine of LA)

So it means...'The Loyon'

Easy right? :lol:

• Like 3

I've been trying to find out what Loyon means, but all I can find refers to this story. Lion in French is Lion.

He/She at least would be protected from chemtrails and other biochemical hazard on this earth, and let him/her be if he/she is no harm to society, and who knows, if he/she would be the last man/woman standing on this earth :-)

Edited by Mindscanner
  • Like 1

He/She at least would be protected from chemtrails and other biochemical hazard on this earth, and let him/her be if he/she is no harm to society, and who knows, if he/she would be the last man/woman standing on this earth :-)

or maybe he/she is one of those birth deformed types you see in horror movies?

wrong%20turn%205.jpg

:lol:

Dont go down to the woods today.....

there's no monster in loch ness = there's no mystery gas mask fella.

I am pretty sure that this is a publicity story.

How can he be there every damn day for TEN years and nobody ever

tried to interact with him, not even police??

Monster in the lake or not, this person can not be compared to Nessy.

Maybe its the people round there who were hermitting for the past ten years, hence why they never saw him/her.

• Like 2

given that there is actually something to this encounters, i also find it more likely that this "figure" is some kind of reclusive hermit with a strange sense of fashion, or living in his own, already post-apocalyptic world. But harmless.

But when i compared him to nessie, then in the following sense: Nessie is a piece of folklore that over the years became a widely known myth, to which a lot of people patched their own "encounter stories" (for whatever reasons), and nowaday, a hole touristic branch is thriving off it. A lot of small villages around the world tried to pull off something similar deliberately (lizard man, jersey devil, you name it....), and maybe that is the case here in good ol' switzerland as well.

well, 'LE' means the, (masculine of LA)

So it means...'The Loyon'

Easy right? :lol:

Hehe, nicely put :w00t:

• Like 1

I've been trying to find out what Loyon means, but all I can find refers to this story. Lion in French is Lion.

Yeah, i kinda figured it means Lion. But why, i don't get it. I mean if it really does mean Lion, why that?

It's just interesting, to me I guess heh

I would have named him/her, "Le Elephante" because he looks like an elephant with the gas mask thing hanging on his face...... or am I just imagining that? If there is no hose hanging then perhaps "Le Pig" or "Le Alien" or "Le Giant Ant".

I have a headache.

• Like 2