Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens to people who see monsters?

drvhitz

I was wondering if any has any follow up information on what happened to people who have had encounters with strange beasts. For instance, Greg Garrett, the little boy playing in his backyard that had the first encounter with the Enfield Horror. Garrett died young, shot to death on his front porch by his wife. The shooting was ruled justifiable self defense. Or Christopher Davis, the young man who was attacked by the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp. Davis was murdered at his home in Sumpter SC, in 2009. Police believe Davis was killed in a botched drug deal. Any one know of what happened to the people in other strange creature sightings?

I really have no idea what happened to them but I would imagine if they kept seeing them they probably ended up insane or on drugs. If they wasn't to begin with.

• Like 2

I was wondering if any has any follow up information on what happened to people who have had encounters with strange beasts. For instance, Greg Garrett, the little boy playing in his backyard that had the first encounter with the Enfield Horror. Garrett died young, shot to death on his front porch by his wife. The shooting was ruled justifiable self defense. Or Christopher Davis, the young man who was attacked by the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp. Davis was murdered at his home in Sumpter SC, in 2009. Police believe Davis was killed in a botched drug deal. Any one know of what happened to the people in other strange creature sightings?

I'm pretty sure they all died or will die eventually.

• Like 1

Are you implying that people who see strange beasts are destined to be murdered later on in life? The "victim" numbers would have to be a whole lot higher than 2 to be convincing.

• Like 3

They post their report here. Then when people post reasonable possibilities of what they really saw, they never post again.

You mean when they post here they get ridiculed and are told to get off the drugs.

• Like 1

I've had a fairly normal life. And I've seen many things that would qualify as monstrous.

• Like 1

Most people who see monsters are eventually eaten by them. I've seen people changed by experiencing horrible things .. sort of like seeing monsters?

Not all of them. Some are told they may need drugs.

True but either way its not what the person generally wants to hear :w00t:

True but either way its not what the person generally wants to hear :w00t:

That will depend on the type of drug on offer. :whistle:

• Like 1

That will depend on the type of drug on offer. :whistle:

LOL it'd be funny if someone had done hallucinogens and then came on here talking about the creatures they saw thinking they were real, Its all in the mind buddy

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX
  • Like 2

LOL it'd be funny if someone had done hallucinogens and then came on here talking about the creatures they saw thinking they were real, Its all in the mind buddy

I think its already been done.( a few times) :whistle:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

At least a dozen times a week actually.

My only two that I knew, both confided in me they'd seen a live Bigfoot, one is dead now. However, "J" was an avid outdoors man, trapped, hunted, mushroomed and hunted for Ginseng, after his encounter he gave the whole way of like. Moved into the city and was killed in a work related accident. The second "S" Is a Police officer in Virginia, he gave up hunting and hiking after his encounter, has only mentioned it a couple times to people he knew he could be sure would now out him as having seen one.

Lives change when we see or experience things outside our comfort zone much the same as men who've fought in a real war are forever changed by it. The amount of the change is going to depend on the person and their own internal ability to cope with the situation.

• Like 3

i think it depends if they let that particular experience (real or not) consume their minds and their life. People will die from these things in everday life with or without experiencing something out of the ordinary

LOL it'd be funny if someone had done hallucinogens and then came on here talking about the creatures they saw thinking they were real

I think its already been done.( a few times) :whistle:

*nods.., smiles.., backs off slowly towards the door.....*

• Like 2

Keep in mind that seeing something like a Bigfoot after years of not believing in such a thing can be disturbing.

Both friend I mentioned had been avid hunters and woodsmen all their lives, both had military experience and one even made his livelihood as a trapper for several years. neither of them had ever seen or experienced anything like a Bigfoot until came the day they were face to face with one. Hello! To be honest with you seriously have no idea how I would react to seeing one face to face like that out of the blue either. I know a lot of people say they'd do this or that but the truth is until you are in that situation for real it's all speculation. There's an old saying about speculation; "Speculate in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full first." That's cleaned up so the Mods don't get upset but you get the picture.

Not everytime someone sees a strange creature. There insane or on drugs. Sometimes there real.

I saw a yellow bat and i'm not insane or on drugs !

I think to tar all cryptids with the same brush is ignorant.

Everyone knows there are undiscovered creatures lurking about and also people do see odd animals sometimes.

regarding the "Monsters" I doubt any of them are real.

They post their report here. Then when people post reasonable possibilities of what they really saw, they never post again.

A thousand times this. The number of accounts with "1 thread started" and less than 20 posts must be staggering

Keep in mind that seeing something like a Bigfoot after years of not believing in such a thing can be disturbing.

But it's important to remember that a disturbing experience doesn't mean it was really an encounter with the paranormal.

I always go back to that minute or two when I and two other guys were out in the pitch dark and saw a triangular spacecraft flying directly towards us. There was no doubt among us that we were seeing something incredible. As silly as it sounds I stumbled around like I was in some kind of dream. I can understand why some people would be totally convinced that they experienced something extraordinary.

Not to mention the brain is fallible it can trick you into seeing things that arent really there. On or off drugs.

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX

Pretty funny/interesting.

"When the media and the producers come knocking on your door, turn them away. Tell them nothing of the places and legends that you hold dear to your heart. The ridiculous results of money making will kill their memory. Your hallowed halls will be hung by a staged tug on a jacket, your ancestors will be desecrated by an ill advised blood letting ceremony and your oral history will be erased by doctored photos and pseudoscience. A few friends of mine use the term “adventuring” rather than “investigating.” I think I agree with them. Let’s allow the mystery of the paranormal to stay what it is, because once Syfy, A&E or Discovery has their way with it, you will have nothing to pass on to your children."

http://whofortedblog.com/2010/01/11/death-of-a-champ-what-happened-to-the-lake-champlain-monster/