Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Wears Short Shorts.....

Kowalski

Seasoned parents know all too well what it’s like to go through the obligatory daughter/wardrobe fight.

Sometimes the fights are ugly and sometimes they’re hysterical.

The following story falls into the second category.

Unhappy with his daughter’s penchant for wearing short shorts, Utah dad Scott Mackintoshdecided to kick things up a notch by giving his daughter a taste of her own medicine, according to the Mackintosh’s family blog.

Link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/12/if-youve-ever-hated-the-trend-of-teenage-girls-dressing-in-skimpy-shorts-this-dad-could-be-your-hero/

I busted out laughing at this story! :)

This definitely sounds like something my father would do.....

Growing up, my father was very firm about how me and my sister's dressed. If our shorts were too short, he wouldn't let us go out, we had go change them. If our shirt was too skimpy, we had to put a shirt or sweater over it. At the time I thought he was being a tyrant, but now I realize he was doing it for our own good, and I'm glad he did that.... :yes:

• Like 5

I love it and besides he's got the legs for it! LOL!

Mabon.

• Like 2

I love it and besides he's got the legs for it! LOL!

Mabon.

LOL, yes he does! :)

• Like 1

Ha ha, Dad knows how to strut his stuff. Bet the daughter doesn't take the hint.

• Like 3

Did you where short shorts because everyone else was wearing them at the time?

I wasn't allowed out of the house with short shorts on! :)

I wasn't allowed out of the house with short shorts on! :)

i know but did you buy them because every girl was wearing them?

• Like 1

Short shorts have been around since the 50's. My mom and all her sisters wore them, my sisters and I still wear them...not out and about town anymore, but until we were in our 30's we did. Unless they show butt cheeks I don't have a problem with them. Then again, out on the boat just about anything goes.

• Like 1

i know but did you buy them because every girl was wearing them?

Of course! I was a stupid, teen girl once... :)

Now that I'm older, though, I can definitely see why my father wouldn't let me where them though.....

Short shorts have been around since the 50's. My mom and all her sisters wore them, my sisters and I still wear them...not out and about town anymore, but until we were in our 30's we did. Unless they show butt cheeks I don't have a problem with them. Then again, out on the boat just about anything goes.

Oh, I know they've been around for awhile...My dad was a little old fashioned, and he still is. I don't think there's anything wrong with that though. I can't really blame fathers or parents, not wanting their teen daughters dressing like that.....It does tend to send the wrong message. You have to admit, Some of these these teen girls dress like mini prostitutes, and it's very trashy. :no:

​Now, I'm not telling anybody how to dress or anything like that, this is just my opinion. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Like I said before my dad was very old fashioned, and that's the way I was raised, and as time goes on I find myself becoming more and more like my father.....I hope that's not a bad thing.... :)

• Like 1

It's come back in fashion here in the UK but what i dont like is 12 years who wear them, skimpy tops too that show their belly. I blame that on parenting :no:

• Like 1

Lol, that dad is too funny :tu:

Personally I've never really worn short shorts.. Or shorts much at all. I was always more of a pants/jeans kind of girl. Even when I did wear shorts it tended to be more just above the knee length.

• Like 1

Of course! I was a stupid, teen girl once... :)

Now that I'm older, though, I can definitely see why my father wouldn't let me where them though.....

Oh, I know they've been around for awhile...My dad was a little old fashioned, and he still is. I don't think there's anything wrong with that though. I can't really blame fathers or parents, not wanting their teen daughters dressing like that.....It does tend to send the wrong message. You have to admit, Some of these these teen girls dress like mini prostitutes, and it's very trashy. :no:

​Now, I'm not telling anybody how to dress or anything like that, this is just my opinion. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Like I said before my dad was very old fashioned, and that's the way I was raised, and as time goes on I find myself becoming more and more like my father.....I hope that's not a bad thing.... :)

You didn't offend me. There is a huge difference between trashy and cute. Like a v neck formal can show a little cleavage or be down to your navel. There was never any question on what lines weren't crossed. Say a bikini or a thong...you wouldn't catch me in a thong bikini. :su

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Lol, that dad is too funny :tu:

Personally I've never really worn short shorts.. Or shorts much at all. I was always more of a pants/jeans kind of girl. Even when I did wear shorts it tended to be more just above the knee length.

Now those I will not wear. I always thought my calves were too skinny and they make them look even skinnier. lol

• Like 1

You didn't offend me. There is a huge difference between trashy and cute. Like a v neck formal can show a little cleavage or be down to your navel. There was never any question on what lines weren't crossed. Say a bikini or a thong...you wouldn't catch me in a thong bikini. :su

That is very true! It's one thing to show a little skin. Quite another to let it all hang out.....

• Like 1