Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Siberian 'forest boy' found after 16 years

Still Waters

Russian authorities have found a young man living alone in a Siberian forest after having apparently spent most of his life living there in a hut with his parents, local officials said Tuesday.

Locals near the town of Belokurikha found the man, who told the local prosecutor that he was born in 1993 and had lived in the forest since 1997, when his family decided to leave society.

But his parents left him alone in the hut in May before he finally went to a nearby village to ask for help when the summer ended, the authorities said.

http://news.yahoo.co...-141645098.html

• Like 1

Hmm... If they have been living that many years off the land, the boy should know what he is doing. :/ that being said, he must be very lonely.

• Like 1

Yeah, it takes a lot of knowledge to survive for that long with so little resource. Wonder how he kept sane...

Yeah, it takes a lot of knowledge to survive for that long with so little resource. Wonder how he kept sane...

Are we sure he is?

"The place where optimism most fluorishes is the insane asylum"

I thought the story would be a kid that survived in the wild by himself. Sucks that his family abandoned him, but yawn.

It's not really a story at all. He lives with both his parents in the forest and they have home schooled him, and well enough that he speaks English. Also looks very healthy, as do his parents for eating real food and living a healthy life. I think they are to be admired.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/english-speaking-forest-boy-nicknamed-siberian-mowgli-was-born-and-raised-in-the-altai-wilderness/

Yes i agree. Living in the forest can be very healthy and rewarding. Nothing can be compared to the beauty of he nature.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

It's not really a story at all. He lives with both his parents in the forest and they have home schooled him, and well enough that he speaks English. Also looks very healthy, as do his parents for eating real food and living a healthy life. I think they are to be admired.

http://siberiantimes...tai-wilderness/

If that is how your life has always been, then you have nothing to compare it to and nothing to wish was an alternative to it - I doubt he would be suffering as he is living what he believes life is.