Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evolution of UFO

qxcontinuum

I googled "1930s science fiction art" and it comes up with pages of all sorts of pictures, saucers, cylinders, all sorts, and all of course predating Roswell. The imagery was already in peoples minds before the UFO craze.

Kindly find the saucer and alien pics? When I quickly googled I saw mostly rocket shaped craft

Amazing+Stories+cover+-+Frank+R+Paul+-+Spring+1928.jpgsci-fi-art.jpg

As ufo enthusiast but not an expert, i wish to consider myself still a believer. Still numerous stories, books and pictures i read througout the years, made me realize something interesting, that i would like to share;

Ufo's have changed their look and finishing every 10 year. I would say coincidentaly in the same time with our industrial tehnology change. The first pictured sightings from 50's were depincting some rough shaped chunky ufo's looking more like a hat or a church bell , abrasive endings, visible lights, barely aerodynamic, while the most modern one are thin, smooth, perfect shaped, missing central dome glass, more aerodynamic, etc...

Have someone noticed it ?

That leads me to the conclusion that numerous sightings were not alien in origins, likely objects made with the human technology back then.

Hum what do we think about this ?

Something else to ponder. They do not seem to be all that advanced, like next generation for us. In the 19th century people were seeing airships like the ones developed in the early 20th century. Why? I have no explanation. I hardly think we had airships as black projects in the 19th century.

quote:

Although the Chinese are credited with having invented the rocket as early as the 3rd Century AD, it was not until the 20th Century that it began to take on its modern form. For that, we can thank a Russian mathematician, an American professor, and an Austro-Hungarian physicist.

n 1903, Konstantin Tsiolkovsky published a seminal work, The Exploration of Cosmic Space by Means of Reaction Devices. In the volume, he calculated the speed required to send an object into a minimal orbit around the Earth. He also described how this feat could be achieved using a multi-stage rocket fueled with liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen.

Goddard invented the first modern rocket. On the cold day of March 16, 1926, Goddard launched a liquid-fueled rocket for the first time in Auburn, Massachusetts. The rocket, which he named Nell, rose to an altitude of 41 feet in 2.5 seconds before crashing into a cabbage field.

http://www.rocketcityspacepioneers.com/space/who-invented-the-rocket#sthash.2htEW79W.dpuf

so we could say that since 1903 the rocket design was known, and by the first launch in 1926, which no doubt would have recieved LOTS OF MEDIA ATTENTION...

The shape was in peoples minds anyway. So that explains some 1930's art doesnt it?

Something else to ponder. They do not seem to be all that advanced, like next generation for us. In the 19th century people were seeing airships like the ones developed in the early 20th century. Why? I have no explanation. I hardly think we had airships as black projects in the 19th century.

The actual first balloon was invented/planned 1670!! (except for the chines who had been using a lantern type hot air balloon and I quote: Unmanned hot air balloons are popular in Chinese history. Zhuge Liang of the Shu Han kingdom, in the Three Kingdoms era (220-280 AD) used airborne lanterns for military signaling. These lanterns are known as Kongming lanterns)

"The Jesuit Father Francesco Lana de Terzi is sometimes referred to as the "Father of Aeronautics."[10] In 1670, he published a description of an "Aerial Ship" supported by four copper spheres from which the air was evacuated. Although impractical (since external air pressure would cause the spheres to collapse unless their thickness was such as to make them too heavy to be buoyant) the basic principle was sound.[11]

A more practical dirigible airship was described by Lieutenant Jean Baptiste Marie Meusnier in a paper entitled "Mémoire sur l’équilibre des machines aérostatiques" (Memorandum on the equilibrium of aerostatic machines) presented to the French Academy on 3 December 1783.

http://en.wikipedia....#Early_pioneers

Edited by seeder

quote:

so we could say that since 1903 the rocket design was known, and by the first launch in 1926, which no doubt would have recieved LOTS OF MEDIA ATTENTION...

The shape was in peoples minds anyway. So that explains some 1930's art doesnt it?

Particulary as Tsiolkovsky, who never gets the credit he deserves in the popular media, drew designs, some of which could, if they had been made, look like saucers from an angle other than fully side on. And as an aside, Korolyov built a rocket in 1937, the 212, that was obviously copied by the Nazis as their V1. And the 1938 rocket glider RP-318-1, except for a tailplane, looks very saucer like from the side. I have the drawings and photos, but would need to scan them and I can't be bothered at the moment.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik

Particulary as Tsiolkovsky, who never gets the credit he deserves in the popular media, drew designs, some of which could, if they had been made, look like saucers from an angle other than fully side on. And as an aside, Korolyov built a rocket in 1937, the 212, that was obviously copied by the Nazis as their V1. And the 1938 rocket glider RP-318-1, except for a tailplane, looks very saucer like from the side.

I have the drawings and photos, but would need to scan them and I can't be bothered at the moment.

No need to scan anything, youre online obviously, so a quick goggle on "rocket glider RP-318-1" gives us these results

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rocket+glider+RP-318-1&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&gws_rd=cr&ei=VmgzUuKHKsa57Abvw4HgBg

then second link down I find a piccy...is this it?

rp-318-1-thomas.pr.jpg

source

http://ram-home.com/ram-old/rp-318.html

No need to scan anything, youre online obviously, so a quick goggle on "rocket glider RP-318-1" gives us these results

https://www.google.c...HKsa57Abvw4HgBg

then second link down I find a piccy...is this it?

rp-318-1-thomas.pr.jpg

source

http://ram-home.com/...old/rp-318.html

That's it. When I have the actual photos I tend not to think of looking online for them as I know I have the "real deal" and not something photoshopped.

Not the best, but I don't intend to trawl through everything for something undeniably from the 1930s, which this is

http://io9.com/59066...erprise-of-1930

That's just a disc over a very large non-disc craft.

The last time I looked for a artist's depiction of a flying saucer, I couldn't find one older than the late 1940's. Before that spacecraft were all rockets and Zeppelins.

Wait, here's one!

amazing_stories_quarterly_1930win.jpg

Edited by scowl

The last time I looked for a artist's depiction of a flying saucer, I couldn't find one older than the late 1940's. Before that spacecraft were all rockets and Zeppelins.

Wait, here's one!

Good

it looks like they had fences on top of the ufo surrounding the walking space to protect themselves from falling while admiring the landscapes ... :)

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

Wait, here's one!

i like the outside deck with a handrail round it.

Wait! Wasn't that a feature of that craft that Priest in Papua New Guinea saw? Father someone? Father Gill. See, maybe fact follows fiction, or vice versa.

• Like 1

Wait! Wasn't that a feature of that craft that Priest in Papua New Guinea saw? Father someone? Father Gill. See, maybe fact follows fiction, or vice versa.

But railings are a common nautical feature.

• Like 1

No hand rails. There is an impression of the craft at 0.49 and some drawings at 1:27.

[media=]

[/media]

This apparently was a 25 person sighting.

Edited by zoser