Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5,400-year-old Stone Age arrow in glacier

seeder

Glacier reveals 5,400-year-old Stone Age arrow

The oldest artefact ever found in a Scandinavian snowdrift glacier has researchers abuzz. “We’ve never seen 5,000-year-old objects melt out of the ice before,” says an archaeologist from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.

http://sciencenordic...stone-age-arrow

• Like 1

Amazing find.

Sad to thing that since then we have expanded on weapons. Dear lordy knows what ammo they will find here in another 5,000 years time. But doubt todays will not last as long or be in such good condition. They do not make things like the old days anymore.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

That is the one good thing about global warming: we will find a lot of old objects where the glaciers used to be.

• Like 3

That is the one good thing about global warming: we will find a lot of old objects where the glaciers used to be.

Ah well thats something to look forward to as we roast.

• Like 2

Amazing find.

Sad to thing that since then we have expanded on weapons. Dear lordy knows what ammo they will find here in another 5,000 years time. But doubt todays will not last as long or be in such good condition. They do not make things like the old days anymore.

Nonsense. Some of the radiation will no dount still be around.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Thanks seeder, nice pictures of the arrowheads etc. .. looks like "snowdrift glacier" is almost Gone!

shhh! did i just hear a hound howl ?

;

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Sorry but I go by what humans bones are found in the Americas the oldest 14, 500 bc, no matter if humans came across the straits or from the pacific.Firestone is all wrong there was no meter that hit the Americas or the 30,000 years points they claim were found that some archaeologist say were only naturely made, or bones that were chew by animals not humans.To me there has to be older humans bones to be found that go with those points of which there are none found. Gee guys we can date the dino bones that are found. Just give me a human bone found in the Americas that was dated that long ago.:)