Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's happening zomg omg omg NSA

musicpenguin

So I really couldn't even look at it.... Looked just like math problems, no thanks. I don't like math.

• Like 1

Funny after all that laborious translation and math the message reads "Don't call us, we'll call you." :hmm:

:P

• Like 2

I came to this site for bigfoot suits and vaguely humanoid whisps of fog... and I GET THESE SHENANIGANS!?!

• Like 1

Presented as an exercise in decoding. The messages were reportedly manmade. Merely called extraterrestrial, probably to make them seem more interesting, or on a lark.

SETI scientists have sent each other numerical sequences that reduce to the sort of simple pictures that extraterrestrials might send us via radio. They wanted to see if these would be readily understandable.

Actually, I suspect that if extraterrestrials wanted to say anything to us, they'd probably have the ability to make their messages as easily understood as they wished. Of course it's possible that they would make the message hard to understand, so that only species with a certain level of interest, persistence, and intelligence would be able to catch on.

Edited by bison

I came to this site for bigfoot suits and vaguely humanoid whisps of fog... and I GET THESE SHENANIGANS!?!

Lower your standards and... be happy...?