Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scariest Game Ever?

CRYSiiSx2

Amnesia scariest game ever. :o

I think Tomb Raider 2. I always found the atmosphere creepy. Even the practice stage has the butler who follows you around and the secret room at that maze I could never figure out how to get into.

My favorites are Silent Hill 2 and Doom 3. Completely different games, one of which is hideously subtle, the other, violently in-your-face.

Edited by hammerclaw
  • Like 1

I enjoyed Alan Wake. I thought it was entertainingly scary but not scary enough to put someone off playing.

• Like 1

i honestly avoid horror games most of the time. they just aren't for me. i mean, i'm afraid most of the time regardless of what i'm doing, i ain't need to add on to that.

that said, i started playing the game stalker: call of pripyat, and while it's not scary per se, it is plenty creepy so far. a good, spooky atmosphere.

Playing Twister with the sex offenders in prison must be real scary, I reckon.

Playing Twister with the sex offenders in prison must be real scary, I reckon.

correction: playing twister with anyone is scary.

• Like 2

correction: playing twister with anyone is scary.

I dunno. If Jessica Alba, Anna Kournikova and Charlize Theron invited me for a game of Twister I reckon I'd be in there faster than Usain Bolt being chased by a swarm of killer bees.

• Like 6

The only game I've ever played that consistently made me feel like I was personally in danger was Demon's Souls on PS3. That game made me genuinely nervous and always feel like I needed to keep my guard up. My personal Game of the Generation. Dark Souls was very similar but not quite as good in my opinion.

Other notables would be Silent Hill 1&2, Resident Evil 1&2, and Dead Space 1&2. I played Dead Space 3 co-op with a friend so that probably killed some of the tension I would have felt had I played it alone for the first time. It was also more action oriented though, so there's that.

Outlast will be one of the first games I buy when I finally get a PS4, which will happen by the time Destiny comes out if not sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone remember Fear? Oh man that slow-motion walking girl gave me a heart attack aha :geek:

• Like 2

I have been playing through amnesia a machine for pigs. Finding it scarier than the first one but not as disturbing thus far.

• Like 2

I have been playing through amnesia a machine for pigs. Finding it scarier than the first one but not as disturbing thus far.

Ah yes i've heard good things about it, any positive feedback to ensure my purchase of it?

Ah yes i've heard good things about it, any positive feedback to ensure my purchase of it?

I really have nothing bad to say about it. I did get it on steam during the summer sale however. If you likes the first one you'll like this one. It maintains that level of creepiness and mystery quite well.

I've been playing a few puzzle games recently and I've always tried to finish the puzzles without any walkthrough to better success than in the past. Annoyingly I got stuck stuck on one puzzle which wasn't too clear and just required you to go back to some spot I didn't see (once you get playing you'll probably be able to guess which part I'm talking about). Other than that they're not bad. The drive to learn about the story like in the first amnesia is just as exciting.

I'm not sure how long the game goes for but if you could get it cheap I wouldn't hesitate.

• Like 1

i remember playing Resident Evil for the first time.

The dog jumping through the window made me jump.

Well done Capcom, well done.

• Like 1

i remember playing Resident Evil for the first time.

The dog jumping through the window made me jump.

Well done Capcom, well done.

Or the first time you get a glimpse of the zombie that turned around :ph34r:

• Like 2

The opening cutscene was scary as **** too, those zombie dogs.. :unsure2:

• Like 1