Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained - Pillow Moved

kimba

Can anyone help me with this please?

Walking past the spared bedroom I noticed the pillow on the floor in the doorway, thinking the cats had been in there playing I picked it up and walked in the room. All the other pillows were still in place in a neat pile on the bed, not as I expected.

Other odd thngs have been going on that i didn't think anything of until now, one of our cats waking/crying in our or the spare room, an odd smell close to the room, a shadow moving from the doorway to the next doorway etc etc.

For full story please see my blog, as I'm new and put it in there first.

Edited by kimba
  • Like 1

Are you sure that one of the cats might not have picked up the pillow and dropped it on her way out? As to the other things, perhaps you could set up a video camera and see if you can catch anything.

• Like 4

I can't load the pic of the pillows, if you saw them you'd understand that NO there's no way one could be removed in play. These OLD pillows are made of clingy fabric which when moved would bring the other with it, also the top one was a cat bed pillow not an old one used for the cat but a cat bed pillow with furr fabric. If you have old pillows not made with cotton covers give it a try and see if by removing the second one, then rest stay in a NEAT pile.

I'm open minded and if I thought there was an explanation, then I would disregard it, but it would be impossible to move one without another moving.

A relation thinks it's a child because things are being thrown, although I believe it to be my dad drawing my attention to the room. With further investigation we now know we have a serious problem with subsitance, the wall in the room in question is pulling the whole building out of line. it was my late dad's birthday on the 4th Sept, this happened on the 7th and it was seven years since he passed on the 11th Sept, I'm convinced if there is something it's him. Plus I'd just bought new feather pillows to replace all my old ones with, dad wouldn't have any thing else on his bed.

And no I've not brought him here this year, he's in my heart but that's it. This year is no different to any other accept for this year my other half had been working away and for the building problems. Also there's no point in using video camera, as most things on film can be explained plus we don't have one.

I can't load the pic of the pillows, if you saw them you'd understand that NO there's no way one could be removed in play. These OLD pillows are made of clingy fabric which when moved would bring the other with it, also the top one was a cat bed pillow not an old one used for the cat but a cat bed pillow with furr fabric. If you have old pillows not made with cotton covers give it a try and see if by removing the second one, then rest stay in a NEAT pile.

I'm open minded and if I thought there was an explanation, then I would disregard it, but it would be impossible to move one without another moving.

A relation thinks it's a child because things are being thrown, although I believe it to be my dad drawing my attention to the room. With further investigation we now know we have a serious problem with subsitance, the wall in the room in question is pulling the whole building out of line. it was my late dad's birthday on the 4th Sept, this happened on the 7th and it was seven years since he passed on the 11th Sept, I'm convinced if there is something it's him. Plus I'd just bought new feather pillows to replace all my old ones with, dad wouldn't have any thing else on his bed.

And no I've not brought him here this year, he's in my heart but that's it. This year is no different to any other accept for this year my other half had been working away and for the building problems. Also there's no point in using video camera, as most things on film can be explained plus we don't have one.

Do you live alone?

Nibs

• Like 1

No live with my partner but he was working away at the time, so I was home alone with our 3 cats. If you read the full story in blogs, as I wrote it all in there first then realised this was where I should have wrote it.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=3680&showentry=27988

Edited by Still Waters
Added link to member's blog

Maybe the cats teamed up on the pillow. I have 5. They move furniture all the time.

I doubt it, as they'd have to remove the top cat bed pillow - take the pillow out from under it and replace the cat bed pillow as was, without disturbing the other 2 remaining pillows.

Edited by kimba

This is going to sound totally ridiculous but I had a similar thing happen to me one Thanksgiving years back. I was at the grocery store looking for some spices and further down the aisle were bags of marshmallows and I saw that one bag was on the ground. I hate seeing stuff like that so I went over there and grabbed it and tossed it back on the shelf then went back to look around at the spices. As I was looking, I heard a sound like something had fallen and when I looked over, there was that bag of marshmallows again on the floor. This time I crept up to the shelf to see if there was a rat or little animal there maybe digging around in the marshmallows but there wasn't. I grabbed several bags and looked at them to see if they were torn or bitten, nothing, not even the one on the floor. So, in conclusion, either marshmallows get around more than we imagine or there was a ghostly rat there having fun watching me pick up bags of marshmallows that its tossing on the floor. Either way, I got out of there quick, oh, and yes, there was no one else around to witness it either and no I was not drunk either...

• Like 2

Marshmellows are in plastic packets, when you put one on top of an other they can slip and fall.

Lay four tissues one on top of the other and remove the second one only, now tell me is the top tissue still neatly on top of the other two below the one you removed? I very much doubt it!

Getting a little peed off with the replies, all I want is for someone to tell me what I've got here and if there's cause for alarm. Thank you!

Marshmellows are in plastic packets, when you put one on top of an other they can slip and fall.

Lay four tissues one on top of the other and remove the second one only, now tell me is the top tissue still neatly on top of the other two below the one you removed? I very much doubt it!

Getting a little peed off with the replies, all I want is for someone to tell me what I've got here and if there's cause for alarm. Thank you!

Well it's a discussion board. You want answers? There's no such thing.

• Like 2

Friction, gravity and mass same as for pillows.

This one of those "what noise does it make when you clap with one hand" things. The answer is: The first tissue you take out the tissue box is the top. So if you take the tissue from the top and it is the flirst layer on the bottom that means that when you put three other tissues on top they are acutally the bottom. So the last tissue on top is really the bottom since it was taken last from the tissue box. Move the 3rd tissue placed down and you got three tissues left. Now this is where it gets interesting, Now you have three tops. The top on the bottom and the top of the three pile and a new top on that is on it's own.

Don't play logic games with an insane person.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

As Coldethyl said, If you want positive reinforcement over your own belief on ghost moving your pillow then you are on the wrong forum. The people here wanted more details, we like to do a process of elimination. Sometimes the most obvious thing is the real thing.

But to humour you, sure it's a ghost, the materials in the stuffing had killed him when he was making the pillow at the factory in china, out of revenge his ghost traveled across miles from china to knock that pillow on the floor to show who is boss.

Serious, It most likely gravity, mass and friction or some one did it to bug you, which i think it is working.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Thanks Brian, I think I love you lol...

There are no explanations as to how it happened as I was alone, other than the 3 cats and had been for almost a week. The pillows were all in a neat pile when I went to bed and were still piled up on top of the bed when I woke at about 9am the next morning, but at 10.30am one was on the floor in the doorway.

Maybe I am in the wrong forum as I did want serious answers to my post, although I'm not sure people on here know the meaning of serious. Which is a good thing if you experience the unexplained often enough, it'll send you crazy so best to make light of it.

Well I only have these things happen to me now and again, so defo not crazy. Glad you commented as you made me laugh. :-) I always thought these things happen to me when I'm with other people, thinking it's them causing things to happen but this time it was just me.

• Like 1

Thanks Brian, I think I love you lol...

There are no explanations as to how it happened as I was alone, other than the 3 cats and had been for almost a week. The pillows were all in a neat pile when I went to bed and were still piled up on top of the bed when I woke at about 9am the next morning, but at 10.30am one was on the floor in the doorway.

Maybe I am in the wrong forum as I did want serious answers to my post, although I'm not sure people on here know the meaning of serious. Which is a good thing if you experience the unexplained often enough, it'll send you crazy so best to make light of it.

Well I only have these things happen to me now and again, so defo not crazy. Glad you commented as you made me laugh. :-) I always thought these things happen to me when I'm with other people, thinking it's them causing things to happen but this time it was just me.

If you are convinced it's not the cats, and won't accept they are the culprits, I suggest you leave them out of the story/background if you post this elsewhere. You may then get the answers you are looking for.

Wow, sorry for the interjection, won't happen again... I'm out...

• 2 weeks later...
There are no explanations as to how it happened

Not much point in asking for an explanation then, is there?
  • Like 2

all i can think is... the cat got a claw snagged in the pillow.. and removed it QUICKLY from among the other pillows, as it panicked to get away from the grabby pillow?

.. sort of like the old jerking the table cloth off the table without moving the dishes on it.

• Like 1

That is quite puzzling. And I agree, moving a plastic bag of marshmallows is somewhat different than removing a solid substance from a pile without distrupting anything else.