Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Clown freaking out people in England.

jesspy

A clown - with red wig and full make-up and sometimes holding balloons - is freaking out residents of one English town, the local paper reports.

He is red-haired and white faced and has surfaced several locations across Northampton, a town of 215,000, 100km north of London, over the past few days since his first appearance on Friday the 13th

http://www.news.com....4#ixzz2f1pqmlH8

BUEiGb1IMAE5sNF.jpg

https://twitter.com/...7165056/photo/1

BUKMl1aCYAADReX.jpg

• Like 4

Imo that's creepy and weird that he would do that. I mean, if he's not even getting paid to be a clown, which I assume he isn't.

• Like 2

He's probably getting his jollies off of intimidating the people in the area. I'd probably spray him with mace.

• Like 7

A clown who "just stares" would be very unsettling, imo. I'd stare back.

I'm so glad to learn it really isn't specifically we mothers who are to blame for childhood trauma resulting in adult issues. It's all the children they are forced to endure on their walls, toys, crib mobiles, at Halloween, parties and circuses...

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 3

At least he seems to be a bit easier to track down than Le Loyon. They didn't have to wait ten years to get a fuzzy picture from the back.

• Like 3

Something strange is going on in Northampton on the clown front.

There is no big mystery to this clown, someone just having a laugh and maybe with a few screws loose.

From the article:

The phenonemon started on Friday when the Chron first reported on two teenagers acting suspiciously dressed as clowns. It quickly spread as social media users reported seeing another appearing at random locations across the town.

This man is creepy, sort of reminds me of John Wayne Gacy.

• Like 7

Ooops! I meant It's all the clowns children are forced to endure on their walls, toys, crib mobiles, at Halloween, parties and circuses...

• Like 2

When I saw the title I thought, "What's new? There's been three of them called Clegg, Cameron and Millipede and they've been freaking the bejaysus out of England for quite a while now!"

• Like 6

When I saw the title I thought, "What's new? There's been three of them called Clegg, Cameron and Millipede and they've been freaking the bejaysus out of England for quite a while now!"

Maybe... but this clown wasn't elected to the position... So he's obviously an amature...

• Like 2

He's probably getting his jollies off of intimidating the people in the area. I'd probably spray him with mace.

Shame using mace is illegal in UK. So, no, you won't. Unless you want to be arrested and charged :)

An interesting experiment as to how we as humans respond to novelty, however benign.

The thing is... clownaphobia (what ever it really is called) is a very real and widespread thing...

• Like 2

Clowns, of course, while they originated in their current form in the Commedia de'Arte in Renaissance Italy, are believed by some (in a theory which I've just made up) to be derived from the representation of the Devil in medieval Passion Plays. So it's really no wonder that they scare the bejesus out of people.

• Like 3

One theory about Coulrophobia has it that babies very quickly learn to recognise changes in the facial expressions of those around them. A clown's face is an unchanging mask, completely devoid of interaction.

Prof Paul Salkovskis, clinical director of the Maudsley Hospital Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma, believes children's fear may be less to do with clowns per se and more to do with being unsettled by something as unusual-seeming as a clown.

"People are typically frightened by things which are wrong in some way, wrong in a disturbingly unfamiliar way," Prof Salkovskis says.

"It is almost certainly not a reaction to clowns, but we are sensitive to things which are out of the ordinary, particularly sensitive when we are young. My three-year-old was terrified by a Peter Rabbit costume at a B&Q. Peter Rabbit is six inches high, not seven feet high."

• Like 4

What's amazing to me is that people see him standing and staring in one place, are able to take numerous pics of him, yet the cops are unable to locate him for questioning. Perhaps he's a relative of the camoflage-wearing person "stalking" the woods in a gas mask and cloak.

It is curious what people consider "threatening behavior" when neither of these people appears to be doing any harm.

• Like 1

What's amazing to me is that people see him standing and staring in one place, are able to take numerous pics of him, yet the cops are unable to locate him for questioning. Perhaps he's a relative of the camoflage-wearing person "stalking" the woods in a gas mask and cloak.

It is curious what people consider "threatening behavior" when neither of these people appears to be doing any harm.

Pointing at someone might be seen as threatening behaviour in certain situations.

• Like 2

Pointing at someone might be seen as threatening behaviour in certain situations.

Is that pointing at someone with a gun?

• Like 2