Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Clown freaking out people in England.

jesspy

Yeeaah...I'm not afraid of clowns or anything, but that is a bit creepy.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes, don't they? Surely the time and energy spent on doing garbage like this could be better spent? Or is someone about to sell a book, movie, website, t-shirt.... gah!!! Sick of people making money out of garbage like this. Go away and think of something meaningful to do and stop frightening people.

AND if it is mental illness, well there is always help available in some form.

For some reason this stuff really annoys me. I think it's because I'm now a mum and children have enough real stuff to deal with already. :td:

I can't stand clowns from childhood.

When my son was just two, one threw water over us as a prank as we walked up the high street. Took 3 people to hold me back as I wanted to deck him.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 2

LOL skookum my husband would be the same. Just cos you're in a costume don't give you the right to be an ****.

(Not sure if I can say **** on this site).

Look, I don't mind a funny clown - Cirque De Soleil have some genuinely funny entertainers - but the normal creepy, older, unattractive (I'm guessing) males that think they are hill_lair_ree_ous are just NOT. Wish they would go away and maybe take up knitting or something.

P.S. Man I got my 'b****y pants' on for this. This is quite therapeutic though :yes:

• Like 1

I can't stand clowns from childhood.

When my son was just two, one threw water over us as a prank as we walked up the high street. Took 3 people to hold me back as I wanted to deck him.

I don't blame you... I would have been pretty upset too.

LOL skookum my husband would be the same. Just cos you're in a costume don't give you the right to be an ****.

(Not sure if I can say **** on this site).

Look, I don't mind a funny clown - Cirque De Soleil have some genuinely funny entertainers - but the normal creepy, older, unattractive (I'm guessing) males that think they are hill_lair_ree_ous are just NOT. Wish they would go away and maybe take up knitting or something.

P.S. Man I got my 'b****y pants' on for this. This is quite therapeutic though :yes:

I don't understand this type of clown, they are not funny in any way, shape or form to me. Making balloon animals and doing magic at a party is fine but I don't get how they are funny or entertaining otherwise.

I think the whole point of this one in Northampton is he is trying to be creepy and scare people. I see in his gallery he has pictures referencing Stephen Kings IT. Lets hope he is not some wacko that is going to take it too far.

• Like 1

UPDATE CLOWN SPEAKS....

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/world-exclusive-northampton-clown-talks-to-the-chron-about-his-appearances-1-5504392

The mysterious Northampton Clown has spoken out for the first time to reveal the truth about his appearances in the town.

The clown, who wants to keep his real identity anonymous, said: “I just wanted to amuse people.

“Most people enjoy being a bit freaked out and then they can laugh about it afterwards.

“It’s like watching a horror movie, when people get scared they usually start laughing.

“Naturally, some people would have been extremely frightened by what they saw, but I hope many are starting to see it as a bit of harmless fun.”

The Northampton Clown said he was “absolutely amazed” by the reaction to his appearances in the town and was pleased that he had got so many people talking about Northampton.

• Like 2

Well I guess the above post solves the puzzle. Still seems a bit weird to me though.

I sorta like some circus clowns, though. And I thought Jerry Lewis was funny when he was a clown, but I forget the name of that movie though. The older clown was jealous that he was getting all the attention and wanted to beat him up.

I've been seeing this story in various news sites...

Creepy stuff, but I still find that Swiss Gas-Mask Man a most unsettling story.

• Like 1

I feel like this should be a worldwide movement,

all my life, waiting for something that I could idealogically get behind....finally I've found my place.

I shall go forth and buy my own clown get up and walk the streets at night.

• Like 2

I feel like this should be a worldwide movement,

all my life, waiting for something that I could idealogically get behind....finally I've found my place.

I shall go forth and buy my own clown get up and walk the streets at night.

why not just run down the street banging on doors and shouting 'the martians are coming'...and then wiggling a cucumber thru the letterbox of some dear old ladies houses.... I bet that will make the news :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

already tried it.

tazed, spent the night in jail for "inciting panic"

......my cell mate was a nice guy, braided my hair

• Like 4

Call me cynical, but I still think this somehow comes back to money. Too ugly to release a sex tape? Be a weirdo in a clown outfit instead, that will get you attention. Yuk, he can go away and be a clown in his own home.

It would be really creepy if this did happen all over the world. It would gain all sorts of crazy explanations.

That was my thought.

......i just dont know anymore though, I feel like Juggalos would get involved, and I'd rather be affiliated with the aryan brotherhood before those idiots

Are Juggalo's common? Seen them in TV shows but couldn't imagine people actually going out dressing like that.

It would be really creepy if this did happen all over the world. It would gain all sorts of crazy explanations.

there needs to be like a "clown movement" Just bunches of people dressed up as clowns standing on street corners being creepy. Instead of a starbucks there should be a clown on every corner.