Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Clown freaking out people in England.

jesspy

That for sure. ;)

What about this?

iStock_000003523709XSmall-Negative-Gestures.jpg

With his face and size he doesn`t need a gun!

• Like 2

It is curious what people consider "threatening behavior" when neither of these people appears to be doing any harm.

Perverts don't usually display threatening behavior either, but I knows one when I sees 'em and I don't like 'em.

• Like 4

We have a clown living near us. He's a performer at children's parties, except this one drives a car with his big red nose and blue wig on. It's quite funny when you see him behind the wheel. :D

That clown is seriously creepy looking, probably a seriously creepy person even with out the clown costume.

Pointing at someone might be seen as threatening behaviour in certain situations.

That's all it takes for some to be 'in fear for their life.'

Im gonna go with a prank thats intended to go viral. Most streets are full of curtain twitchers, I know mine is, and if he was stood outside someones house Im sure someone else will have seen him come or go. Plus the photos are strange too, how many of us see someone odd and rush to get a photo? More important, if he didnt want his photo taken, thern why pose for them? Plus a FB page has been setup

• Like 3

Something strange is going on in Northampton on the clown front.

There is no big mystery to this clown, someone just having a laugh and maybe with a few screws loose.

From the article:

The phenonemon started on Friday when the Chron first reported on two teenagers acting suspiciously dressed as clowns. It quickly spread as social media users reported seeing another appearing at random locations across the town.

This man is creepy, sort of reminds me of John Wayne Gacy.

and its never hard for the police or anyone else to track someone down...specially when they're posting their intentions on facebook!!

https://www.facebook.com/spotnorthamptonsclown?fref=ts

• Like 3

Oh, man. That guy is creepy. I have been afraid of clowns since a child. It goes along with being afraid of what might be out there in the dark. A clown in the dark would probably make my hair turn white, if it wasn't already. Keep him away from here!

• Like 1

Apparently this is the clowns facebook page. Has many more photos of him taken by the public.

https://www.facebook...rthamptonsclown

ah you beat me to it....you see theres me posting the same link, but Im just getting thru the thread post by post!!

Nevermind

Is that pointing at someone with a gun?

What about a custard Pie?

• Like 1

One theory about Coulrophobia has it that babies very quickly learn to recognise changes in the facial expressions of those around them. A clown's face is an unchanging mask, completely devoid of interaction.

Prof Paul Salkovskis, clinical director of the Maudsley Hospital Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma, believes children's fear may be less to do with clowns per se and more to do with being unsettled by something as unusual-seeming as a clown.

"People are typically frightened by things which are wrong in some way, wrong in a disturbingly unfamiliar way," Prof Salkovskis says.

"It is almost certainly not a reaction to clowns, but we are sensitive to things which are out of the ordinary, particularly sensitive when we are young. My three-year-old was terrified by a Peter Rabbit costume at a B&Q. Peter Rabbit is six inches high, not seven feet high."

But a teddy bears face doesn't change either does it? or a dolly. Kids seem to do fine with them. Or any number of the cartoon character stickers/posters babies have in their rooms. But Im not trashing the theory/research, just my 2 cents is all...

having said that, the first time I dressed up as Santa for my son he started bawling and being afraid. Strange reaction for a 10 year old I thought.. :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

What about a custard Pie?

Does that hurt more than a gun?

• Like 1

Does that hurt more than a gun?

I'm pretty sure it'd be defined as an offensive Weapon.

Or one of those water-pistol-in-the-fake-flower things. I've always wanted one of those.

• Like 3

I had a neighbor who had someone standing outside his window at night looking in from out on the lawn. My neighbor got out his pistol with a LASER sight and put the red dot right on his forehead. He almost broke his neck running from the yard.

For some reason he was never seen outside the window again.

Or one of those water-pistol-in-the-fake-flower things. I've always wanted one of those.

WARNING, THIS IS OFFENSIVE!!

product_66099_1_recommended.jpg

• Like 1

Im gonna go with a prank thats intended to go viral. Most streets are full of curtain twitchers, I know mine is, and if he was stood outside someones house Im sure someone else will have seen him come or go. Plus the photos are strange too, how many of us see someone odd and rush to get a photo?

Why on earth wouldn't you? That's one of the main things that people say looks suspicious about nearly any UFo/cryptozoological or any sighting of anything at all; "well, didn't someone get a photo"? and when they do, that's suspicious?

hehe :lol: Ive always wanted to do the microphone prank

• Like 2

That's one of the reasons I hate clowns... .-.

• Like 1

That's one of the reasons I hate clowns... .-.

Plus they taste funny... :w00t:

• Like 2

There is a half marathon on the 22nd in Northampton, whats the betting this guy is going to be there? he is practicing now, has set up his facebook and will be collecting his charity sponsor money at the end of it.

Not bad business.

There is a half marathon on the 22nd in Northampton, whats the betting this guy is going to be there? he is practicing now, has set up his facebook and will be collecting his charity sponsor money at the end of it.

Not bad business.

Hmm... I think I'd like to see a Clown Marathon... All those Bozo's running with the huge shoes...

• Like 2

So its begun I've been warning people for years but it's finally happened RonaldMcdonalditus run people there is no cure. :cry: