Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A question for all skeptics

Godsnmbr1

I wonder how many actually took the time to read everything you just wrote. I did. Thanks for sharing. It illustrates what I have referred to but could never articulate on as The Infinite Pool of Potential...not really my own footnote but rather that of Deepak Chopra. :tsu:

Its a bit ironic that you mentioned that. How funny.

One thing I have learned with this post of yours above. That the problem with our discussion about agent that caused the beginning of the universe is all a matter of terms. I name it the Primal Cause and you, quantum field. As for me the Primal Cause has given origin to the universe, to you, Quantum Field has done that job. But to say as you still do this time that the universe could have caused itself to exist, goes against all that Logic stands for. But now I understand that Quantum Field has caused the universe to exist. I am glad we have come to a common denominator. By the way, all cultures and almost all within a culture have different names to describe the agent that has caused the universe to exist. Even among religious Jews, they have almost a collection of different names to apply to the Boreh Haolam aka the Creator of the universe. I like to use The Primal Cause, a title coined by the classic Philosophers. And now, thanks to you, I will have no qualms to call It the Quantum Field. Thanks pal.

This is good. All I have been trying to do is remove the target off your back and hopefully put you on a road to defend your beleifs inteligably and properly. The key to that is to understand the opositions true point of view and not get caught up in the myriad of straw men rehtoric seething from both sides. Just be careful. Quantum fields are not things. They are mathmatical constructs used to describe the astonishing reality that baryons actually do seem to pop out of nothing. Its not the scientists job to inturpret reality, its their job to describe it as acurately as possible. Im not convinced that underneith this barrier of understanding there is nothing, "nothing" is a pompus way of saying "I dont know". But if you are going to argue with those prescribing to the religion of strong atheism make sure you are armed properly. Soft atheists, well usually they dont care enough to educate themselves far enough, but lots of strong atheists pretend to be, or impropperly think they are, soft atheists. Being an agnostic theist myself its pretty easy to identify t3ue agnosticism when I see it. Good luck, do some of the reading I suggested. its possible to be armed to the teeth with actual science to support theism, you just might be forced to give up a few things. Such is life. Take care.

This is good. All I have been trying to do is remove the target off your back and hopefully put you on a road to defend your beleifs inteligably and properly. The key to that is to understand the opositions true point of view and not get caught up in the myriad of straw men rehtoric seething from both sides. Just be careful. Quantum fields are not things. They are mathmatical constructs used to describe the astonishing reality that baryons actually do seem to pop out of nothing. Its not the scientists job to inturpret reality, its their job to describe it as acurately as possible. Im not convinced that underneith this barrier of understanding there is nothing, "nothing" is a pompus way of saying "I dont know". But if you are going to argue with those prescribing to the religion of strong atheism make sure you are armed properly. Soft atheists, well usually they dont care enough to educate themselves far enough, but lots of strong atheists pretend to be, or impropperly think they are, soft atheists. Being an agnostic theist myself its pretty easy to identify t3ue agnosticism when I see it. Good luck, do some of the reading I suggested. its possible to be armed to the teeth with actual science to support theism, you just might be forced to give up a few things. Such is life. Take care.

By the way, I find the way you talk about Quantum Field not too far from the way I refer to the Primal Cause. Would I know how to describe the Primal Cause? Of course not! Only as the Cause of all causes or the First to cause what has been assigned to an expansion of causes and effects. Therefore, quite akin to the concept of Quantum Field.

By the way, I find the way you talk about Quantum Field not too far from the way I refer to the Primal Cause. Would I know how to describe the Primal Cause? Of course not! Only as the Cause of all causes or the First to cause what has been assigned to an expansion of causes and effects. Therefore, quite akin to the concept of Quantum Field.

So are you now prepared to create your new religion? I suggest naming it The First Church of the Quantum Field :yes:

Sign me up, how much pencetage of my wages do I have to give to said church?

So are you now prepared to create your new religion? I suggest naming it The First Church of the Quantum Field :yes:

Not sure if I'd want to get entangled with that .
  • Like 2

Sign me up, how much pencetage of my wages do I have to give to said church?

It's random. :D

• Like 1

Not sure if I'd want to get entangled with that .

Ha! :D that's ok only people that are twins could join anyway.

• Like 1

Ha! :D that's ok only people that are twins could join anyway.

I guess conjoined twins would collect the donations. They could do both sides of the aisle at one time.
  • Like 1

I guess conjoined twins would collect the donations. They could do both sides of the aisle at one time.

This is true. It would certainly be an interesting church. People walking through walls, popping in and out randomly... A visitor might actually consider it spooky.

This is true. It would certainly be an interesting church. People walking through walls, popping in and out randomly... A visitor might actually consider it spooky.

Who knows...Jesus might pop in one day and Buddah the next...Krishna and John Lennon pop in on roller skates...then Muhammed hops in riding a big bunny....Donations might include...soda pop can pull tops or...bars of nuclear enriched Plutonium...or a cigarette butt from 6th street in Austin...

Who knows...Jesus might pop in one day and Buddah the next...Krishna and John Lennon pop in on roller skates...then Muhammed hops in riding a big bunny....Donations might include...soda pop can pull tops or...bars of nuclear enriched Plutonium...or a cigarette butt from 6th street in Austin...

Oh gese..... I'm getting flash backs from the $8 I wasted on some movie about across the galaxy or something like that.

I don't think I need to create anything new because I don't find anti-Jewish the idea of granting to the Primal Cause a new name of Quantum Field. After all, Judaism is rich with names to describe God's handiwork in the universe. It won't make much of a difference to add just this one more.