Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Would God Send Good People To Hell?

StarMountainKid

Why would God send good unbelievers to Hell? I suppose I'm talking about the Christian God, as I think I know more about Christianity than other religions. It just seems to me cruel and unusual punishment for any God to condemn someone who has led a good and loving life to eternal damnation just because they do not believe in this particular Deity.

Many good people are honest and sincere atheists or agnostics, many good people are born into cultures that worship different Gods. Are all these condemned to Hell?

• Like 3

How do you know he sends them to hell? have you received a postcard?

• Like 4

How do you know he sends them to hell? have you received a postcard?

lol No. I don't know, of course, but isn't the belief in God a prerequisite for entry in Heaven?

Hell is a religious term, referring specifically to the allegedChristian view of what happens to those who do not believe. My return question is simple - what if this view is in error? What if it is not what the Bible teaches?

The new question becomes "what if those who have rejected Jesus simply cease to exist"? I wonder, is the question still so urgent as the OP suggests?

Edited by Paranoid Android

LOL @Freetoroam, girl you are hilarious!

Starmountainkid many religions believe that, Christianism, Judaism and Islam do, it's in their books and I have read them.....and I don't understand how people can follow a God that wants to kill and/or send to hell 'infidels'.

• Like 2

lol No. I don't know, of course, but isn't the belief in God a prerequisite for entry in Heaven?

As a believer in God - that is extremely debatable. In fact, any claim to know who is and is not condemned to hell is by it's nature intrinsically false. God decides these things and his reasons are most likely as individual as the individual involved. That is assuming that there is an actual Hell and that entrance is via condemnation by God.

Other options which make it possible for anyone regardless of belief to find themselves in a Hell like after life or a Heavenly afterlife are:

Our choices create our reality aka: we create our own hellish afterlife.

Our judgements of others are visited upon us - we create the rules by which we are judged by deciding what is good and evil and condemning others (word to the wise, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones).

Others judgements for which we remain unforgiven by them chain us into hellish circumstances - Forgiveness is a true gift to our fellow human beings.

What we fail to forgive others for, we will not ourselves be forgiven for - another version of creating our own hellish circumstances.

Desiring that which is not ours to have is a classical hellish circumstance for many. AKA: Desiring the love of someone who is free to choose not to love us in return and resenting them for it, or desiring riches at the expense of the suffering of others, or power at the expense of the subjugation of others etc.

These are just a few, that allow for a Law of the Universe created by God to unfold in accordance with our own choices and how we enact our Free Will.

There are so many alternatives, literally God only knows how they apply within his Law.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3

Yes, for those who believe in religion. But for those who do not, 6ft under seems a more plausible option.

Why would God send good unbelievers to Hell? I suppose I'm talking about the Christian God, as I think I know more about Christianity than other religions. It just seems to me cruel and unusual punishment for any God to condemn someone who has led a good and loving life to eternal damnation just because they do not believe in this particular Deity.

Many good people are honest and sincere atheists or agnostics, many good people are born into cultures that worship different Gods. Are all these condemned to Hell?

It's because the abrahamic god is nothing more than a narcissistic invalid playing god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalomania

That IS a curious part of religion. I've often wondered the same thing. As I child, I was told that, for those who haven't heard the gospel, that Jesus ministers to them in "purgatory" and allows them the chance to accept or deny Him at that point. With regard to condemning "good" people, I just don't know.

• Like 2

As I child, I was told that, for those who haven't heard the gospel, that Jesus ministers to them in "purgatory" and allows them the chance to accept or deny Him at that point.

You gotta hand it to 'em - they've got an answer for just about everything! s12623.gif

• Like 3

Most moderate Christians are going to tell you, you simply die, and Jesus only grants eternal life to his followers. It's simply a brand of of elitism. It's a part of the sale of Christianity and a retention mechanism. Most religions have them.

Many atheists actually have wonderful NDEs where they are accepted by a loving spirit. To me this would evidence that Christians got that part wrong ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

LOL @Freetoroam, girl you are hilarious!

Starmountainkid many religions believe that, Christianism, Judaism and Islam do, it's in their books and I have read them.....and I don't understand how people can follow a God that wants to kill and/or send to hell 'infidels'.

There is no Hell in Judaism.

Cause and effect. A rock sinks and wood floats but it is not to be misunderstood all are confined in the depths.

In less esoteric terms: All go to the abyss or as the tribe of Judah says Sheol(land of the dead). Necromancers not only documented the stages of decay but also noticed there was a correlation between a persons actions in life and mental state with there decay rate and what they experience. There are some ancient texts that give details on how one can escape some of the harsher experiences in the lower planes but it only works if your a devout believer in those paradigms. Those without a belief system still experienced bad or not so bad things but was more chaotic. This is not to be confused with NDE as certain sheaths are not discarded, one could assume this is why the Egyptians held the idea that body parts were weighed during judgement instead of the whole. In fact when the dead where summoned, imprisoned and experimented on it was noticed that they no longer were the same as they were alive but more like a residual of past memories. Also was noticed when mediums were used in the experiments that the dead exhibited some differences with each medium.

So when "you" die "you" die but it is not as if you ever existed, now the parts that made the sum of you well what happens to them is myriad.

The reason why the mass have this unknown confusion about death is unlike Religious leaders whose goal is to increase and maintain its followers, Real practitioners horded there knowledge for there order, these leaders and members where more concerned with personnel growth or power which is why many dissolved and centuries later reformed without the public even aware of it. Early 1900s this changed due to some believing it was the coming of the Aquarian age but old habits die hard and the knowledge they spread wasn't from high grades as this they kept with them.

But non of this really matters, so live in the moment for the next you'll be dead.

Also wanted to point out. Christianity believes in heaven, islam is paradise (I think its like a second eden) and thats it. Judaism only a few ever entered heaven and they were big important people everyone else Sheol.

• Like 1

There is no Hell in Judaism.

That's why I said kill and/or send infidels to hell. Hell is Christian. To kill infidels is in Islam and Judaism ( I was raised a Catholic but my dad's best friend was Jewish and there were long discussions about religion in my house growin up....no wonder I'm an Agnostic, eh? LOL).

Could anyone who believes on the transition from death to heaven or hell please read this article and tell me when the transition occurs, as from the information I have read over many years nothing mentions God, heaven or souls. Many of the articles do mention the superstitious beliefs of old, it is fully understandable as to how and why these superstitions came about.

Please note, this is fact and there is plenty more from where you can find these:

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Rigor-Mortis-and-Other-Postmortem-Changes.html

Could anyone who believes on the transition from death to heaven or hell please read this article and tell me when the transition occurs, as from the information I have read over many years nothing mentions God, heaven or souls. Many of the articles do mention the superstitious beliefs of old, it is fully understandable as to how and why these superstitions came about.

Please note, this is fact and there is plenty more from where you can find these:

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Rigor-Mortis-and-Other-Postmortem-Changes.html

And how could Somone possibly know such a thing? In the case of NDEs it would appear that it happens quite quickly, many times even before physical death. and is not necessarily a fixed state. By the way, one does not have to be near death to have an OBE.

And how could Someone possibly know such a thing?

Well not by way of postcards..allegedly.

• Like 1

http://www.deathrefe...em-Changes.html

Why do you wanna know?

Most research was done on the changes of the dead through centuries, there are some rituals on binding someones soul after they die, performed while there still alive(they weren't after the ritual). But that wouldn't be considered natural.

Now there are tales of those who were astral projecting and had there line cut by an entity who later took residence in there body. Also tales of people having there body die while astral projecting. There was no research on what happened to them over time or if these tales are real as I never came across much documentation, when these were written down they were more of warnings. Now a body of light is not the same as a shade but if said tales are true it would seem that a subtle body halts the decomposition of the "soul", for how long who knows. But it would appear (again if tales are true) that it is not the death of the physical body that causes death but something the physical body does for the "soul".

But I'm sure it is much more complex than that, also this is all an hypothesis based on hearsay. But it is a lead you could investigate with actual practice( I doubt arm chairing will give you the true answer).

And how could Somone possibly know such a thing? In the case of NDEs it would appear that it happens quite quickly, many times even before physical death. and is not necessarily a fixed state. By the way, one does not have to be near death to have an OBE.

NDE is not Death. I swear just cause you have a trip doesn't mean you experience the real thing. The death of a soul does not leave one coherent or even in whole. The ego and the Id cease to exist seeing as they are constructs of your subconsciousness. A NDE is like a OBE on acid.

• Like 2

NDE is not Death. I swear just cause you have a trip doesn't mean you experience the real thing. The death of a soul does not leave one coherent or even in whole. The ego and the Id cease to exist seeing as they are constructs of your subconsciousness. A NDE is like a OBE on acid.

I disagree. Not in that I know the details of what is happening on those basic levels, but if there is a soul or awareness that leves the body there is noway to determin the marginal trigger for it to leave. If there is a spiritual reality and we have souls, then the brain is obviously some sort of antenna, receiver, or vessel for that soul. Everyone seems to assume that this marginal trigger is a pinpoint place when it may be a continuum or even a choice.

The difference between typical OBEs and NDEs usually revolves around death. Meditators, entheogen users, shamanic practitioners, and astral projectors never ( as far as I can tell) do not experience the life review, or are never told to go back to their bodies and its not their time yet. It would seem that on the margins of death we become aware that we are dying.

There is no reason to assume that the architecture of who and what you are would not stay with you, if indeed there is a metaphysical reality.

Why do you wanna know?

that it is not the death of the physical body that causes death but something the physical body does for the "soul".

But I'm sure it is much more complex than that, also this is all an hypothesis based on hearsay. But it is a lead you could investigate with actual practice( I doubt arm chairing will give you the true answer).

Why do I want to know? The question is "why would god send good people to hell" I want to know where is the proof that says that happens...

I have given a link to what does happen to the body after death, I just wanted someone to give some sort of proof that there is another place of visitation apart from the ground or crematorium, so far, NONE has been given.

Any chance of you giving me some more insight as to what it is the physical body does to the soul on death? same sort of evidence I have provided on what actually does happen to the body would be good.

Edited by freetoroam

I disagree. Not in that I know the details of what is happening on those basic levels, but if there is a soul or awareness that leves the body there is noway to determin the marginal trigger for it to leave. If there is a spiritual reality and we have souls, then the brain is obviously some sort of antenna, receiver, or vessel for that soul. Everyone seems to assume that this marginal trigger is a pinpoint place when it may be a continuum or even a choice.

The difference between typical OBEs and NDEs usually revolves around death. Meditators, entheogen users, shamanic practitioners, and astral projectors never ( as far as I can tell) do not experience the life review, or are never told to go back to their bodies and its not their time yet. It would seem that on the margins of death we become aware that we are dying.

There is no reason to assume that the architecture of who and what you are would not stay with you, if indeed there is a metaphysical reality.

Then you know very little about Astral walking. You can walk in your own personal astral bubble or you can walk in the bigger astral bubble. For instance a shaman when trying to help someone isnt walking around the world but in his patients world. When you dream most the time your in your own world not standing on the empire state building fighting a giant ape.

Your also confusing mind with a soul and mind with the brain. Body, mind, soul, spirit and as that famous rabbi that's called by a Greek name said. It is the mind that interprets the spirit for our soul.

Now most OBEs(which is what a NDE is) are actually in your own lil bubble you can get into the bigger bubble but most the time you just pop right back into your personal one or it'll bleed in kinda like your in between planes, it takes allot of practice to shift planes consciously. Now while you can call this astral projecting its kinda abusing the term. Usually it refers to projecting your consciousness inside a subtle body or as Crowley called it a "body of light" and moving around the astral world this way.....

Why you may ask. Well lets say your consciousness is a sculptor your subtle body are you tools. Without it your like a naked man walking in a storm. And while you can with enough will affect the astral without a body its very crude and its like a fish trying to swim on land.

And ill also give you some advice the astral plane isn't the end goal in fact most of the great occultist warn of getting stuck in there. Ya its fun but its like spiritual day dreaming. There are higher and greater planes. Always ascend.

Why do I want to know? The question is "why would god send good people to hell" I want to know where is the proof that says that happens...

I have given a link to what does happen to the body after death, I just wanted someone to give some sort of proof that there is another place of visitation apart from the ground or crematorium, so far, NONE has been given.

Any chance of you giving me some more insight as to what it is the physical body does to the soul on death? same sort of evidence I have provided on what actually does happen to the body would be good.

Okay okay ill tell you the truth that the church has been hiding from you for years.... God really doesn't care about you nor are you the only or greatest or importantest being of creation.

There is no all powerful guy sitting there saying you go to hell and you go to paradise. Its like I posted earlier, cause and effect. Great occultist thru the millenniums noticed that certain mental vibrations rise and sink. Why is the lower sections or "hell" so bad well that's where all the A holes go (not just humans) and the stronger the mental capacity the more you influence the astral around you. And there are a lot of old and powerful and very very big A holes down there. This is why it was written that the law is love. You follow things like 10 commandments so you dont screw yourself over later on. Focusing on these types of lovey lovey mental ideas make you rise. But don't be mistaken you will get bent over and there's a short supply of KY there.

And about proof whats in it for me? I am technically a satanist so unless you have something to offer or unless I get something out of this why should I. But you did help me pass some time at work and Thank you for that. :devil:

Okay okay ill tell you the truth that the church has been hiding from you for years.... God really doesn't care about you nor are you the only or greatest or importantest being of creation.

There is no all powerful guy sitting there saying you go to hell and you go to paradise. Its like I posted earlier, cause and effect. Great occultist thru the millenniums noticed that certain mental vibrations rise and sink. Why is the lower sections or "hell" so bad well that's where all the A holes go (not just humans) and the stronger the mental capacity the more you influence the astral around you. And there are a lot of old and powerful and very very big A holes down there. This is why it was written that the law is love. You follow things like 10 commandments so you dont screw yourself over later on. Focusing on these types of lovey lovey mental ideas make you rise. But don't be mistaken you will get bent over and there's a short supply of KY there.

And about proof whats in it for me? I am technically a satanist so unless you have something to offer or unless I get something out of this why should I. But you did help me pass some time at work and Thank you for that. :devil:

That`s not proof, that`s hearsay. Give me some hard core proof and we can discuss whats in it for you when I take over the world and become rich.

Edited by freetoroam

Hell and Heaven are too arbitrary. Have a "bad" life by .000001% and its off to eternity in Hell. Have the same life but it be "good" by the same minute percent and you get eternity in Heaven. Still, these are the essentially the same life.