Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Legends revisited: the Michigan 'Dogman'

UM-Bot

Sightings of mysterious bipedal canines have been hitting the headlines in Michigan for over 100 years.

One of the more unusual cryptozoological mysteries, the Dogman is said to be a strange bipedal hominid with the head of a dog and the body of a man. First reported as far back as 1887, sightings of creatures resembling the description of the Dogman have been pouring out of Michigan and other neighboring states ever since.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/254758/legends-revisited-the-michigan-dogman

• Like 1

The story is cool but like any other creatures out there we can't verify its existence, it's just that: cool story. IMO

Edit: my keyboard hates me

Edited by grc
  • Like 2

Well, there could be one, we don't know for sure. On the other hand, the people who claimed they say them were lying. We don't really know. But still, cool topic.

I'd like to think it's a science experiment gone wrong. Like, from The Island of Dr. Moreau.

I have come to believe that creatures such as these are demons. Another example would be the Mothman.

Anyone else thinking Anubis. That was the first thing that came to mind. Now excuse me while i go find a statue of Ra and start bowing

Probably a bear based on the narrative. But, just in case, might I suggest placing a large fire hydrant with digital camera in the vicinity.

• Like 1

@ highdesert50 that's an idea, some bears can look very doggy, and if it was a skinny young bear the kid may have mistaken it for something else entirely.

And ha yes Anubis springs to mind, he would be very tall and muscular I would think..

I have come to believe that creatures such as these are demons. Another example would be the Mothman.

I believe it's a possibility, but then a lot of other questions come to mind. If it's a demon what exactly does it do out in the wild as opposed to simply hunting for food? Aren't they suppposed to do the devils bidding? Well...there are humans out there living in the woods and under bridges. I bet there are all kinds of odd humans out there, I guess there are all kinds of demonic entities out there too.

Edit: Because I can't see the smiley faces on UM mobile so I tried guessing them and it didn't work out. :\

Edited by Ever After

The story is cool but like any other creatures out there we can't verify its existence, it's just that: cool story. IMO

Edit: my keyboard hates me

Yeah, I love stories like this. Someone needs to make another NON-twilight type of werewolf/vampire movie.

Once again, emphasizing NON-twilight.

• Like 2

Well, there could be one, we don't know for sure. On the other hand, the people who claimed they say them were lying. We don't really know. But still, cool topic.

Monster Quest did a show on this and many of the witnesses took polygraphs, it's a good show.

Monster Quest did a show on this and many of the witnesses took polygraphs, it's a good show.

passing a polygraph doesnt equate to the existance of dogmen though.... it just shows that these people believed what they saw was the dogman .. and we all know how reliable eyewitness testimony is especially underhigh stress circumstances

Unfortunately the polygraph is not a reliable method to determine the validity of someone's statement. If the person being tested has no training in countermeasures, it can discriminate truth from lies somewhat above chance, but still below perfection. Polygraph countermeasures can be as simple as getting a decent night's of rest, going to the testing calm and being confident. In several countries outside the U.S. it is inadmissible as evidence in court.

I tend to think that it is just a misidentified Bigfoot.

• Like 1