Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus here? Biblical-era town discovered

docyabut2

If it is the town, as Dark is still not certain, but it seems very likely it is, then the chances are yes he was there.

I do believe he existed, but that does not mean he was the son of god. he seems to got himself out of what got have got tricky here:

The gospel says that after feeding 4,000 people by miraculously multiplying a few fish and loaves of bread, Jesus "got into the boat with his disciples and went to the region of Dalmanutha. The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. He sighed deeply and said, 'Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.'Then he left them, got back into the boat and crossed to the other side." (Mark 8:10-13, New International Version)

http://www.nbcnews.c...ilee-4B11184418

The Bible was written by men who had imagination and it is filled with hearsay and general gossip, so as to Jesus being there, that would not be surprising at all, I am sure he went to many places.

The fascinating thing here is not jesus, but the discovery of this town and the artifacts found there.

Edited by freetoroam

"...the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."

Thomas Jefferson, The Adams-Jefferson Letters (594)

http://truthbeknown.com/washington-jefferson-mythicists.html

so many of the same stories of Miracles and deeds written down so that future generations would know of these things.....yet still they don't believe....

• Like 1

After all the good Jesus did, why do some still believe he lied?

• Like 1

so many of the same stories of Miracles and deeds written down so that future generations would know of these things.....yet still they don't believe....

I consider realities something of great importance.Experiencing spirituality begins within ones very own reality . I consider that the source from which all nature is , consist of higher dimensions of realities , yet we in our conscious mind of being can not fathom this entirely.

For example, the source which is labeled as God has always been known as omniscient ,omnipotent ,omnipresent , how is this so? Can it be in relation to the presence of an electromagnetic field , which is a higher dimension of reality as well? there's also much that scientist are experimenting with and have held information of.

Would a conscious intelligent source amidst everywhere , ever be proven scientifically as God ? In our conscious mind ,our awareness and comprehension of all realities within higher dimensional fields of existence seem to appear pretty much void, though , it does not rule out they are.

I know there is a source that gave first conscious thought to all life, I don't need anyone to tell me or prove to me that , God is everywhere ...

I see things as all connect , and that God is never our enemy, God just is somehow, that source of life which all life is of, by means of Gods consciousness I think life first began.

There's so much we don't understand , like why are we even really here? but , when i consider love , I know the answer is there , in love.

• Like 1

I can visit many places in New England that Stephen King used as place names,but I will not come back believing in a killer car,a teenage girl with telekinesis,or a town run by Vampires etc etc.....

(all 4 Gospels are from unknown Greek educated writers like Roman priests were educated in.)

Mark 65-70 CE

Matthew 75-80 CE

Luke 75-90 CE

John 85-100 CE

Bart Ehrman

Richard Carrier

[media=]

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

Cool discovery. :)

But -

London doesn't make Harry Potter real.

Nibs

• Like 2

Jesus is everywhere... All around us, In everything and everyone and everyplace and everytime.

But not there.

• Like 1

Jesus is everywhere... All around us, In everything and everyone and everyplace and everytime.

But not there.

hm, not there ? like , in not only there at that one place at one particular time, but everywhere...I like that observation...

Who says he lied? he was the not the one who wrote the new testament.

I believe he did exist, but as for the "miracles", thats highly debatable, I used to believe in magic until I found out it was a trick.

In the days of jesus there must have been many who were discovering the wonders of magic and illusions and the power it can create over others. Today we have many more men doing the same sort of thing, but much more advance and even more bewildering.

I wonder if David Blaine will ever have a book written about him in years to come and he will be seen as the new Jesus of our times? I very much doubt it, but are you getting the drift?

Maybe this short vid will put things into perspective for you?

Who says he lied? he was the not the one who wrote the new testament.

I believe he did exist, but as for the "miracles", thats highly debatable, I used to believe in magic until I found out it was a trick.

In the days of jesus there must have been many who were discovering the wonders of magic and illusions and the power it can create over others. Today we have many more men doing the same sort of thing, but much more advance and even more bewildering.

I wonder if David Blaine will ever have a book written about him in years to come and he will be seen as the new Jesus of our times? I very much doubt it, but are you getting the drift?

You say you believe he existed.Did you know that what when Apologists say that Jesus certainly existed they are being misleading.They do not mention it's based off of "Seed Theory".This means Scholars (Not all) believe Jesus is based off of somebody,and is not exclusive to a mortal Jesus Christ.

If you are interested in the subject?Here are some links.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_historical_existence_of_Jesus_Christ

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31732.msg443850.html?PHPSESSID=acd8dc0b9ab996313798a7b5110aba56#msg443850

You say you believe he existed.Did you know that what when Apologists say that Jesus certainly existed they are being misleading.They do not mention it's based off of "Seed Theory".This means Scholars (Not all) believe Jesus is based off of somebody,and is not exclusive to a mortal Jesus Christ.

If you are interested in the subject?Here are some links.

http://rationalwiki....of_Jesus_Christ

http://cassiopaea.or...aba56#msg443850

I believe there were many like Jesus, I am sure there were quite a few carpenters who wanted to better themselves in those days and as for who his father was, well, Mary could not have been that stupid if she was able to convince her husband and many others of thousands over the years, that some bloke called god was the actual father, she would not be able to get away with this now, not now we have Jeremy Kyle and his DNA tests.But joking aside, that God excuse did no favours for Josephs IQ.

but a FACT is that they were not called Jesus as that was not their Hebrew name.

I believe there were many like Jesus, I am sure there were quite a few carpenters who wanted to better themselves in those days and as for who his father was, well, Mary could not have been that stupid if she was able to convince her husband and many others of thousands over the years, that some bloke called god was the actual father, she would not be able to get away with this now, not now we have Jeremy Kyle and his DNA tests.But joking aside, that God excuse did no favours for Josephs IQ.

but a FACT is that they were not called Jesus as that was not their Hebrew name.

There was people with the name Jesus for it was a common name back then i.e. Jesus Bar Damneus.

There was people that are said to performed miracles i.e. Simon the Sorcerer.

There was people claimed to be Messiah i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

There was people thought to be Messiah i.e. Julius Caesar

http://www.livius.org/caa-can/caesar/caesar_t10.html <---See note #6

Mary mother of Jesus was never even mentioned by anyone til about 40 years after his supposed death in the Gospel of Mark (which does not mention the virgin birth,but only starting in Matthew 5-10years later.)

The first mention of Jesus is in the Epistles of Paul (20 years after supposed Jesus's death) which only 7 out of 13 are considered genuine (Book of Acts a forgery), and some of the 7 have argued interpolation.Paul talks about a non-Earthly Jesus that gave him revelation in form of a bright light,and he gives no details about his Earthly ministry mentioned in the later Gospels.

Paul does mention he met James the brother of Jesus,but this could be codeword for "in the word/brother to the word".

If one reads the Gospels in actual order,and not how it's laid out in the Bible one can see the caught fish (analogy) myth making style get bigger.

Jesus 6 BCE-33 CE ? (We have writings from the turn of the common era by people that kept track of the cults,miracle workers etc,but no mention of Jesus)

Epistles 51-58 CE (Paul's letters from his revelation of the resurrected Jesus from a vision,which made him blind for 3 days)

(Romans Sack Judea 70 CE)

Mark 65-70 CE (all 4 Gospels are from unknown Greek educated writers like Roman priests were educated in.)

Matthew 75-80 CE

Luke 75-90 CE

John 85-100 CE

Jesus is like a King Arthur,or a Robin Hood in seed legend,and anyone that uses the Alexander the Great comparison does not

know how history works.Remember that people were tortured,killed,property seized,tricked to fight wars to keep this legend perpetuated.

Also remember Christian is a cult not exclusive to Jesus Christ i.e. Hadrian's letter to Servianus in 134 CE "The worshipers of Serapis are called Christians,and those who are devoted to the god Serapis,call themselves Bishops of Christ are, in fact, devotees of Serapis".

Christ/Messiah Greek/Hebrew is short for anointed/wetted with oil,which any high priest is subject to when brought into such office i.e. Julius Caesar was the Pontifex Maximus which was the head priest of Rome that kept order of the cult of the Vestal Virgins, and the Temple of Jupiter (These two religious functions were the most important in ancient Roman Theology.)