Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Teens Back President Bush

DC09

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• Babs

• stillcrazy

• DC09

Top Posters In This Topic

OneVote

thumbsup.gif

Too bad they can't vote.

But the political views on kids often reflect the views of their parents.

318840[/snapback]

Exactly. So it's not like they're voicing thier own mind, just what they are exposed to and more then likely, told to.

OneVote

thumbsup.gif

Too bad they can't vote.

But the political views on kids often reflect the views of their parents.

318840[/snapback]

Exactly. So it's not like they're voicing thier own mind, just what they are exposed to and more then likely, told to.

318844[/snapback]

Oh, please. rolleyes.gif

Try telling a teenager what to do. They'll do the opposite. I did anyway.

No, teens views are not necessairly what their parents views are... its what the coolest movie shows. If the coolest movie shows a bunch of war with the US kicking ass they'll be like "Cool! Lets do it!"

Plus, everyones decision (grown up I mean) is based on what they're exposed to.

It actually has to do with what the "coolest" other teenager they know thinks is right . Thats how the majority of teens think - whats considered cool is the right thing to do .

Its a good thing they cant vote until they are basically out of high school . While some kids would be able to actually look into things and decide based on some kind of reason I highly doubt most of them would . Most would just screw around .

I would have to challenge the results. It gives Bush the vote in oregon. Our recent polls show that Bush is the lest likely peorson to win here. In particular because the state just lost another 4000 jobs and is currently ranked #2 in unemployment.

While we don't have a bunch of electorial votes, we are considered a possible swing state. as we could cause either canidate to win or lose in a very close race.

Also Because we do not have polling places and vote by mail, I expect in a close election we will see the legal garbage of 2000.

Plus if you look at the poll "will the winner of one vote win the election?" 58% said no.

I do have to assume Kellar you are pro bush. Since you keep posting these polls.

Not that I disagree with your right to post, but I distrust all polls as they tend to be biased and without firm controls. Plus the way the questions are asked, "If the election were held today" is biased. A lot could happen in twelve days. Bin Laden could appear at the whitehouse for dinner. Pictures of Kerry in his favorite dress may make the front page of the star. Alot can happen in the next 264+ hours.

I heard a while back something about the kids on MTV wanting Bush for president, and thought to myself..."How unusual, young people, traditionally, go liberal." And, then, I thought to myself, "It's in the bag". thumbup.gifw00t.gif

....yes, that is a good sign the populace is turning toward Bush.

I heard a while back something about the kids on MTV wanting Bush for president, and thought to myself..."How unusual, young people, traditionally, go liberal." And, then, I thought to myself, "It's in the bag". thumbup.gifw00t.gif

....yes, that is a good sign the populace is turning toward Bush.

319717[/snapback]

I joined a forum (against kerry and for Bush of course) and a lot of the members teens... voting age and not... and they are pretty hard core Bush fans.. and really don't like what Kerry stands for. whistling2.gif

Nxt2...that's interesting, what did they say, mostly?

Nxt2...that's interesting, what did they say, mostly?

319766[/snapback]

I will pm you and tell you what site/forum it is on... dont want any Kerry fans logging on to it and giving them a hard time. Lots of Kerry supporters have been banned.

thumbsup.gif

joined a forum (against kerry and for Bush of course) and a lot of the members teens... voting age and not... and they are pretty hard core Bush fans.. and really don't like what Kerry stands for. 

Sorry sweetness, but I need to point out a flaw in your reckoning.

If it's a forum against Kerry and for Bush, would'nt that be the result you would expect to get?

Seems a bit of a biased opinion(not yours honey wub.gif , the site).

joined a forum (against kerry and for Bush of course) and a lot of the members teens... voting age and not... and they are pretty hard core Bush fans.. and really don't like what Kerry stands for. 

Sorry sweetness, but I need to point out a flaw in your reckoning.

If it's a forum against Kerry and for Bush, would'nt that be the result you would expect to get?

Seems a bit of a biased opinion(not yours honey wub.gif , the site).

319781[/snapback]

Yes.. of course my hunny bunny wub.gif .... but kerry supporters also join... and are welcome to .. until they start bashing Bush supporters.... I was just pointing out that there are a lot of teens that have joined that forum. When I joined I was expecting it to be mostly adults... but it turned out to be a lot of teens too... that was what I was pointing out....

But thanks for looking out for me sweety! wub.gif

Not to knock anyones beliefs.......

But if Bush and Kerry are the best this country has to offer for leadership.......

May God/Allah/57 Chevy Hubcaps help us all.

Lots of Kerry supporters have been banned

True americanism, supression of freedom of speech.

Edited by stillcrazy

Not to nock anyones beliefs.......

But if Bush and Kerry are the best this country has to offer for leadership.......

May God/Allah/57 Chevy Hubcaps help us all.

Lots of Kerry supporters have been banned

True americanism, supression of freedom of speech.

319795[/snapback]

I am sorry... i didn't explain better...They get banned just like here.. if they start calling people stupid or calling them names or saying dirty words... then they get banned... cause you know MOST people that support kerry join that forum to just cause trouble... but there are a few that debate their issues for kerry in the right way.. and of course.. they are not banned.

I am sorry... i didn't explain better...They get banned just like here.. if they start calling people stupid or calling them names or saying dirty words... then they get banned... cause you know MOST people that support kerry join that forum to just cause trouble... but there are a few that debate their issues for kerry in the right way.. and of course.. they are not banned.

I sort of knew that's what you meant. It's amazing how idiotic some people are in regards to thier canidate. My main point has always been that if people bothered to research these guys and the history of thier time in office, neither would be on the ballot. The american public, as a group are some of the stupidest people on the planet.

Edited by stillcrazy

Thanks stillcrazy. original.gif If we researched, yes, indeed, we would find things we didn't like, but that is the 'nature' of the beast. No one and no institution is perfect and we don't live in a perfect world, so, as I said before, "This is all we's got!" original.gif

Edited by Babs