Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Al-Qaeda and Al-Nusra in Syria Have Sarin Gas

Kowalski

Al-Qaeda and Al-Nusra in Syria may have significant amounts of sarin

The US military have reportedly proved that sarin gas production is going on among some Sunni salafists in Iraq, and via Turkey, can reach Syrian rebels, former Pentagon official Michael Maloof told RT, citing classified sources.

RT: France, the US and UK are saying the UN report clearly points to the Assad government's involvement in the August attack . But how can they be so sure, especially as the document states that improvised rockets may have been used, possibly pointing to rebel involvement?

Michael Maloof: I have a report from a source who has direct connections with classified information and he basically told me that [the] US military did an assessment based upon 50 indicators and clandestine interviews that the sourcing of sarin originated out of Iraq and into Turkey before some of it was confiscated in May in Turkey. He believes that since that report was disseminated in August in 2013, that there has actually been a more significant amount of sarin production both in Iraq and in Turkey going to the opposition, principally Al-Qaeda and Al-Nusra.

That was their specific target, to see to what extent Al-Qaeda was actually involved in production, in research and dissemination. He says what was confiscated was bench level or small specimens at the time, but that the production now they believe is much more robust and that the non-proliferation, genie, as he says, is no longer exclusive. So there's quite an increasing concern that this is still ongoing, that production is occurring among some Sunni salafists in Iraq and continues to be transported into Turkey.

Link: http://rt.com/op-edg...have-sarin-980/

Also--

Russia will provide the UN Security Council with data proving that the chemical weapons near Damascus were used by the opposition, Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov said. The materials were handed to Russia by the Syrian government of Bashar Assad.

We have plenty of reports on chemical weapons use, which indicate that the opposition regularly resorts to provocations in order to trigger strikes and intervention against Syria,” Lavrov said. “There’s a lot of data. It’s widely available on the Internet. This data is presented in the report, which our experts put together in association with the use of chemical weapons in Aleppo in March this year. There’s also plenty of data on the incidents that occurred in August in Ghouta, near Damascus.

All of this will be considered in the Security Council, together with a report, which was submitted by UN experts, confirming that chemical weapons were used,” he added.

The minister stressed that “it’s yet to be established,” which side in the Syrian conflict – opposition or government – is responsible for the use of chemical weapons.

Link: http://rt.com/news/r...e-chemical-023/

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 3

If the rebels are manufacturing gas and have as so many believe, used it already then all the more reason to strike everyone involved. IF this use continues then the Salafists or some other radical arm of one group or another may decide to kill a few thousand Jews with it. Bad move for us all. I'm telling you - if they gas Israelis all hell is going to break loose throughout the region and maybe the whole world.

Sarin being produced in Iraq? Well, we ought to take Decisive military action against any country that produces these Evil weapons. I think we ought to invade Iraq, topple the Evil dictator and instal a puppet- a democratic government that will give the country a Peaceful and Prosperous future.

... oh, wait .... :unsure:

• Like 5

If the rebels are manufacturing gas and have as so many believe, used it already then all the more reason to strike everyone involved. .

Strike everyone concerned? Including Assad, even if he didn't use the stuff, just because he's still Evil? :unsure2:

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 4

Strike everyone concerned? Including Assad, even if he didn't use the stuff, just because he's still Evil? :unsure2:

If he didn't use gas to kill the OTHER 109 THOUSAND then he's innocent and due no attention from the international community? If that is what you really believe then fine. But if it were happening in your part of the world I suspect you'd feel ever so slightly different. The world cannot go back to being isolated cantons with warlords ruling with impunity because the weapons that are accessible now ( for the right amount of cash) make the world a VERY small place. I don't think Assad is extraordinary in his acts - more's the pity. But he has unleashed something that is going to possibly cause the world to burn, sooner rather than later if it is left to come to it's fruition. Just my opine of course...

Iraq? Really?? why would you transport gas all the away from Turkey and Iraq? and transport it all the way to Damascus? We don't know the Syrian governments story, because the Syrian goverment have not told anyone, they are going to send it to the UN.

I think Russia Today could be sponsored by ex KGB members

I'm telling you - if they gas Israelis all hell is going to break loose throughout the region and maybe the whole world.

The rebels Al Qaeda militants have threatened to bomb and/or gas Isreal, and they are crazy enough to do it. So, that is a real possibility....

Iraq? Really?? why would you transport gas all the away from Turkey and Iraq? and transport it all the way to Damascus? We don't know the Syrian governments story, because the Syrian goverment have not told anyone, they are going to send it to the UN.

they're not talking about transporting it by the trainload and importing it legitimately, they're talking about questionable elements concocting the stuff and smuggling it over the border for the benefit of the Rebels who they're sympathetic with. Anyway, why should Iraq be so improbable? It does have quite a long border with Syria after all.

Well, so's the President. Your point is, they can't be trusted, but the CIA and Democratic Western countries should be trusted? :unsure2:

• Like 4

The rebels Al Qaeda militants have threatened to bomb and/or gas Isreal, and they are crazy enough to do it. So, that is a real possibility....

Is there room, and enough MRES, in your underground bunker for one more, Burt?

If not, I think I'd better start digging.

• Like 1

Is there room, and enough MRES, in your underground bunker for one more, Burt?

If not, I think I'd better start digging.

Sure, the more the merrier! And I have plenty of canned beans as well. ;)

If he didn't use gas to kill the OTHER 109 THOUSAND then he's innocent and due no attention from the international community? If that is what you really believe then fine. But if it were happening in your part of the world I suspect you'd feel ever so slightly different. The world cannot go back to being isolated cantons with warlords ruling with impunity because the weapons that are accessible now ( for the right amount of cash) make the world a VERY small place. I don't think Assad is extraordinary in his acts - more's the pity. But he has unleashed something that is going to possibly cause the world to burn, sooner rather than later if it is left to come to it's fruition. Just my opine of course...

so even if it is the terrorists Rebels who had used the stuff, Assad (the one fighting the terrorists Rebels) should still be taken out regardless? Shall we try selling that one to the American public and the UN?

• Like 3

Sure, the more the merrier! And I have plenty of canned beans as well. ;)

I hope the ventilation system is good then! :unsure2::blush:

• Like 4

Saddam threatened Israel with Chemical Weapons, he was crazy

Saddam threatened Israel with Chemical Weapons, he was crazy

Only after being threaten by America. When you are weak and threatened by the strong, particulary when they want your personal elimnination, I would think anything goes. If you threaten to kill somebody, don't get offended when they threaten to fight back.

• Like 2

Only after being threaten by America. When you are weak and threatened by the strong, particulary when they want your personal elimnination, I would think anything goes. If you threaten to kill somebody, don't get offended when they threaten to fight back.

No, the idea was to bring Israel into the war and thus Saudi Arabia kicking out the Americans because they thought that Saudi Arabia didnt like the Israeli's.

Don't forget Syria and Israel are still at war

Edited by The New Richard Nixon
  • Like 1

No, the idea was to bring Israel into the war and thus Saudi Arabia kicking out the Americans because they thought that Saudi Arabia didnt like the Israeli's.

Yes, I get that, no problem. I was just pointing out that Assad was threatened first in this current drama. I doubt he sees any difference between the USA and Israel though, and not when we get to and end game.

• Like 2

Not entirely sure I trust any reports coming from America when it comes to Syria ATM.

It just looks like they're looking for a reason to bomb them.

• Like 1

Yes, I get that, no problem. I was just pointing out that Assad was threatened first in this current drama. I doubt he sees any difference between the USA and Israel though, and not when we get to and end game.

Here's another scenario: Say the rebels, who are crazy enough to do this, launch a bomb, or some type of chemical attack against Israel to frame Assads government....Israel is not gonna ask, any questions, they'll bomb Syria. Of course, then, we would get involved, because we're Israel's ally. And then Russia will back Syria..... This is a possibility.

• Like 2

so even if it is the terrorists Rebels who had used the stuff, Assad (the one fighting the terrorists Rebels) should still be taken out regardless? Shall we try selling that one to the American public and the UN?

No, we can just allow him to kill another, oh, quarter million should suffice. Your answer seems to be to do nothing because everyone is equally wrong or guilty. My point is that if a fire is allowed to continue burning for years, killing massive numbers of people then it should be no surprise if it eventually starts burning OUR homes down too.

And then Russia will back Syria..... This is a possibility.

I'm not so sure about that, I reckon Russia is support Syria to give the US a black-eye. But if it looks like Syria attacks another nation the Russians will wipe their hands of the whole affair and walk away, it's not worth the effort.

• Like 1

Please we all know who used it and that wasnt Assad. I dont usualy wrote big posts on politics but Im realy annoyed by blindness.

How all thing started. Oh Arab spring. What about Arab spring? Where are now all young intellectuals who wanted changes? Freedom and human rights. Look Tunisia, Egypt, Libya. Their revolution was stolen by Islam radicals and extremists who were backed by West imperialists. Why? Because it easier to control extremists, radicals, drug lords, gangs then society of strong middle class. Look Tunisia now and their democracy. Opposition is brutaly killed. Like Chok ri Belaid and Mohamed Brahmi. Syria didnt have debts to World Bank and IMF. Assad won elections by 70% votes. Libya is destroyed because resources. And Syria for geo political reasons. Look Damascus, Alepo, Homs. Syria have had free health insurance, free college, strong middle class. It was not democracy but please dont preach about democracy when you cooperate with Saudi Arabia, United Arabs Emirates, Bahrein and Qatar. And so called rebels or livereaters as Russians called them in Syria wanted to create Emirate, Caliphate. They were created by USA. Same as al Qaida. Now what about chemical weapons? USA, UK and France press say one thing, Russian, Syrian, Iran, Chinese press another. But we dont need to look what press wrote. Just use logic. Its often said that victims in Syria reached number 100 000. Well 35 000 of them are rebels or FSA or al Qaida. Now why would Assad kill 300 people with chemical weapon in suburb when in Damascus in Hotel Four Seasons is UN commission? When he already kill 100 000? It would be his strategic, moral, politic suicide. No sense in that. Also whats interesting that USA and UK tried to use nerv gas. There are indications that nerv gas was used by USA in Iraq at battle of Fallujah. World went blind when Saddam choked Iranians and Kurds with nerv gas produced in Europe. Why? Because it was best for USA interests. Anyway, if we ignore that Assad Syrian army have big morale and support of own people we can see that world decided to stop this madness. Russia, India, China, Argentina, Brazil all said no to attacks on Syria. Kurds in Syria support Saddam. Christians in Syria support Saddam. And from Iraq. Hezbollah support Assad. No one want al Qaida on throne. Except Obama puppet who dance as USA corparations wanted. USA work for long as corparation. Not state. Lobbists can gave money to congressman. Its in the law. Its legal corruption. Also as always in history-history play wild card. No one could predict that rebels would be that stupid and taped their war crimes and put it on youtube. Like where they eat hearts of dead people or execute prisoners. So media embargo was broken by own „forces“.Whats scary that British Minister of Foreign Affairs and USA secretary once said that they will not wait for UN report. Three permanent members of UN wanted attack on Syria without UN report. Sending message that UN is irelevant. Law and order dont mean nothing. UN was created when one country Nazi Germany was defeated for their idea of supreme race. Now winners of that war, who created UN, wanted to „destroy“ UN and conquer state. Same as Nazi Germany did. But Syria isnt Libya. China and Russia, also winners in WW II, didnt react on Libya because it was just for resources. But Syria is geo political matter. It has way on Med sea. Bordering with Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey. Iran is close. Libya was energy story. Gadafi and Bengazi fell because they wanted that USA, France, UK pay their debts to Libya then to sign new contracts about concessions to oil. Gadafi fell, new goverment sign new contracts and now Libya is state without central goverment. State where military robbing. Tribes, gangs, terrorists rule the land. Fight for human rights led Libya to mediveal. We have al Qaida in Iraq, Islam brotherhood in Egypt, al Nusri or al Qaida in Syria. Chaos. Rebels inSyria kill among themselves for car on streets. Drug lords, al Qaida, Islam radicals. Syria is Eldorado for USA, French and UK corparations. Umayyad Mosque in Damascus have grave of St.John, near is grave of Kurd Salah al Din. If Syria fall Russia, Iran, China will be weaken. And USA, UK, France will prosper. Thats what is all about. Proxy war. With collateral victims Syrian people. It would be all right that USA, France and UK left Syria alone. 70% people support Assad in Syria. Wait next elections in 2014 and you will see who will win.

Big Bad Voodoo

• Like 1

No, we can just allow him to kill another, oh, quarter million should suffice. Your answer seems to be to do nothing because everyone is equally wrong or guilty. My point is that if a fire is allowed to continue burning for years, killing massive numbers of people then it should be no surprise if it eventually starts burning OUR homes down too.

If they want to kill each other so much, how can anyone prevent them from doing that?

Even if we were somehow capable of disarming both sides completely they would probably still kill each other with bare hands. Though something must be done to prevent this from spreading, but what?

• Like 1

Here's another scenario: Say the rebels, who are crazy enough to do this, launch a bomb, or some type of chemical attack against Israel to frame Assads government....Israel is not gonna ask, any questions, they'll bomb Syria. Of course, then, we would get involved, because we're Israel's ally. And then Russia will back Syria..... This is a possibility.

Anything is possible, but I don't think it will progress this far. Syria cannot wage war against Israel, not even before this civil war as their equipment is just not good enough. Perhaps , just perhaps if Russian military assets are seen to be on the move, and for example the Iskander missile brigades in Krasnodar and Armenia are seen trundling aboard AN-124s or, as I think I said before somewhere, the 76th VDV division is seen to mobilise. Until then, keep calm :)

disclaimer. some of what I say is a tease, just to see if anybody is awake....

Edited by Kaa-Tzik